Extend the event. One week is to short.

SarahMonette

2 minutes ago, Hemplethwaite said:

None asked you to get involved at all.  You decided to answer my question which was directed to the OP,  maybe you should let people answer for themselves if they want to in future.

Heck, the exact language even states it explicitly in the post you have this giant bug about , " One or two players will carry newbies through boss fights so not every single person on a server is required to breed mutations.  "    You have written 20x the response based mostly on this one statement and it would appear you have taken it completely out of context, wrung it out, torn it apart into little pieces, and then reordered the remnants into a collage that somehow makes you upset.

Maybe focus more on your aversion to playing on multiplayer games w/ other people who play differently than you.

3 minutes ago, Hemplethwaite said:

T

I have no aversion to playing games with people who play differently. I'm not the one making up my own rules on a public server 

Everyone plays by their own rules on top of the CoC, each player can decide for themselves , I'm going to only use dna I find myself.... Or I'm only going to use dna that is found on my server is one rule one of my ally's uses, or I am ok with trading w/ other people across servers to have the most beastly animals anyone can have.  We all play by our own rules, even players who run afoul with the CoC and get booted or sanctioned - played by their own rules.  

You are clearly confused.  You should take a step back and get past the idea of a server acting as a community as being a bad thing.  It's actually quite helpful for new players to run into a server that manages itself on a network where the gm's could take 2-3 weeks at best to show up and resolve a problem.  This isn't WoW where there's probably a gm who could show up at an instant when somethings wrong.   

If the players on a server all agree to follow a shared set of values and/or rules, there's nothing in the CoC to say that's not ok. 

20 minutes ago, GrumpyBear said:

Everyone plays by their own rules on top of the CoC, each player can decide for themselves , I'm going to only use dna I find myself.... Or I'm only going to use dna that is found on my server is one rule one of my ally's uses, or I am ok with trading w/ other people across servers to have the most beastly animals anyone can have.  We all play by our own rules, even players who run afoul with the CoC and get booted or sanctioned - played by their own rules.  

You are clearly confused.  You should take a step back and get past the idea of a server acting as a community as being a bad thing.  It's actually quite helpful for new players to run into a server that manages itself on a network where the gm's could take 2-3 weeks at best to show up and resolve a problem.  This isn't WoW where there's probably a gm who could show up at an instant when somethings wrong.   

If the players on a server all agree to follow a shared set of values and/or rules, there's nothing in the CoC to say that's not ok. 

Do they hold a new vote every time a new player joins to see whether there is 100% agreement? 

You and they are full of so much raptor poo, stop trying to justify selfishness 

54 minutes ago, Hemplethwaite said:

Do they hold a new vote every time a new player joins to see whether there is 100% agreement? 

You and they are full of so much raptor poo, stop trying to justify selfishness 

There is some next level cluelessness going on here.

"That alpha tribe gave me a starter tame and let me do a boss fight with them. What a bunch of selfish jerks. Why cant they be more like the other alphas that KOS and foundation wipe every one."

8 minutes ago, St1ckyBandit said:

There is some next level cluelessness going on here.

"That alpha tribe gave me a starter tame and let me do a boss fight with them. What a bunch of selfish jerks. Why cant they be more like the other alphas that KOS and foundation wipe every one."

Use your context clues, we are discussing PVE there are no alpha tribes. 

Archived