Extend the event. One week is to short.

SarahMonette

Honestly, I'd be happy if they ended it short. I've been lucky that my Ext server has been up, but the other 2 servers I base on have been down multiple times and are unplayable. I wont even risk transferring to them.

I'm wondering exactly what the server draw is for breeding... is it the number of tame out? The egg timer/hatching event? The imprinting events?

Considering mutation breeding is such an interictal part of the Boss game, there has to be a better way to merge that into the base game.

It be great if they extended the dino colors & the taming bonus. The breeding bonus, however, is currently killing my main server. Everyone is breeding like a madman to make the most out of the event;  As a result there are almost zero wild dinos to be found. Plus, during our prime time, the server crashes at least once per hour 😞

Plz extend the event.  Not everyone's server is crashing.  There are official players that joined together, even the box tribes, to follow our own rules to make an official server healthy.  We cryo our pets.  We refrain from building large bases.  One or two players will carry newbies through boss fights so not every single person on a server is required to breed mutations.  

Please!  Those of us with healthy official servers do exist.  We need more time!  Don't punish us for what other players have done.

8 hours ago, SarahMonette said:

Plz extend the event.  Not everyone's server is crashing.  There are official players that joined together, even the box tribes, to follow our own rules to make an official server healthy.  We cryo our pets.  We refrain from building large bases.  One or two players will carry newbies through boss fights so not every single person on a server is required to breed mutations.  

Please!  Those of us with healthy official servers do exist.  We need more time!  Don't punish us for what other players have done.

This event has run 6 times now, every year its been no more than an 8 day event with 1 year it being a 3 day event. How is the studio running the event for the scheduled allotted time considered punishing you? Every event there are 2 sets of people, those who think they should just end the event early and stop doing events cause they cause their servers to crash, and the ones who think its too short and beg for it to be extended. Also btw a large percentage of events are actually extended because of the devs messing something up, its quite common.

I'm on Nitrado.

That means I lose the entire first day for the event.

The server has been incredibly unstable for a week now.  not Wildcard's fault (I blame Nitrado) but it's still an issue.

Now Ark patches the event on Saturday (922.10) so that it actually does what the event claims to do.

Nitrado STILL hasn't updated...stuck on 922.9, and no, I can't update it myself.

So effectively for me the event has not started yet.  Why do you want to end an event that hasn't even started yet for a chunk of your playerbase?

It's not just me, btw, look at all the servers still on 922.9.

I agree that their needs to be an extension to Love Evolved as well. Not only have servers been almost unbearable with the amount of lag. (I hit 350 ping on my server with 300 MBp/s Wi-Fi speed any either game I do just fine, its not a super populated server either, only about 5 or 6 people on at a time) Transfers have been almost impossible during this event. As a player who mains on Genesis, almost every useful/utility tame, like Manas and Velonsaurs are either on Extinction or Aberration. I crashed trying to transfer my character four times, as well as losing the cryopods I brought with me, which included gigas with the full imprint as well as a few high level manas, it also threw me out of my tribe due to the issues with transferring. And because of me being a solo tribe, I have no way of getting back into my tribe. I've sent a ticket to wildcard, but it's been 3 days, and no response. I've been unable to take advantage of this event because of this happening. I don't care if the extension is only one or two days, I've been unable to even really do anything with the event. And as well as the event giving horrible lag, it absolutely ruined boss fights. I fought Rockwell back on the day the event started so I could level up fast, I literally could not beat Rockwell, it was literally impossible. He had three tentacles in each spot instead of one, and two of three were invulnerable, and he wouldn't take damage because each tentacle was not killed. I have images of this, still, no response from Wildcard. I lost a ton of stuff because of that, a lot of high-level rock drakes, and a few rexes. 

20201223193915_1.jpg

20201223193917_1.jpg

I don’t know who else suffered from the snow in Texas but I know in my area no body was able to play all week power was consistently being cycled network wasn’t working due to the state turning the power off, I know I missed out on the event and Ik tons of other people Did, does anyone think wild card would give us an extension on the event? /:

On 2/16/2021 at 6:58 AM, SarahMonette said:

One or two players will carry newbies through boss fights so not every single person on a server is required to breed mutations.  

You're confusing me!  You don't want people breeding their own dinos

Yet  in another thread you have started you say Ark is a breeding game

6 hours ago, Hemplethwaite said:

You're confusing me!  You don't want people breeding their own dinos

Yet  in another thread you have started you say Ark is a breeding game

I think you are not reading into the message very clearly.  Of course, if players want some security and have more powerful tames, they should be breeding or hatching eggs at the very least.  Breeding for imprints is not the same as breeding for mutations and breeding boss teams and back up boss teams.

We have rex dna that is maxed, deino dna maxed, therizino dna maxed, giga melee is getting close to maxed, aberrant anky melee is almost maxed...... nobody has to go and redo that, but people do.  NObody has to try and have 300 females of one species out trying to compete with  50 other players trying to do the same thing w/ the same animals.

'You don't have to reinvent the wheel' is what the person, you are responding to, meant.  If one person has boss teams and runs people through the bosses on their map, why not just join them.  You then don't have to try and raise 40 rexes and 2 yutis, 3 hogs.... 40 megatheriums, 40 therizinos... 

Plus, not all animals need mutations to be great at their jobs.  You don't need to over mutate anglers to farm more silica pearls faster...noone has to do that. but i'm sure someone is....

20 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

I think you are not reading into the message very clearly.  Of course, if players want some security and have more powerful tames, they should be breeding or hatching eggs at the very least.  Breeding for imprints is not the same as breeding for mutations and breeding boss teams and back up boss teams.

We have rex dna that is maxed, deino dna maxed, therizino dna maxed, giga melee is getting close to maxed, aberrant anky melee is almost maxed...... nobody has to go and redo that, but people do.  NObody has to try and have 300 females of one species out trying to compete with  50 other players trying to do the same thing w/ the same animals.

'You don't have to reinvent the wheel' is what the person, you are responding to, meant.  If one person has boss teams and runs people through the bosses on their map, why not just join them.  You then don't have to try and raise 40 rexes and 2 yutis, 3 hogs.... 40 megatheriums, 40 therizinos... 

Plus, not all animals need mutations to be great at their jobs.  You don't need to over mutate anglers to farm more silica pearls faster...noone has to do that. but i'm sure someone is....

Clearly you have no idea what I read from that post or the other thread. 

No one has to do anything. But people should be allowed to do as they please within the COC.

Think carefully about what the OP and the other established tribes are actually doing.

They are taking what many consider to be the end game for the Island and giving it to new players so that those new players will not do any of the things that are required to reach that end point. Not for the benefit of those new players but to ensure that no one else tries to enjoy the game and tame and breed their own boss army. 

New players are actively discouraged from breeding or taming,  but the OP on the other hand apparently needs the event for breeding because Ark is inthe OPs own words a breeding game  

When newbies arrive at our server I will sell them boss rex eggs if they are prepared to farm the resources to buy them. I get that not everyone wants to mutate generation after generation of dinos to get to a level to achieve victory in boss fights. But I won't take away their own achievement of raising those rexes and levelling them up. I won't take away their sense of fear and nervousness that first time they start a boss fight or their sense or real achievement or loss when they come out the other side. 

Personally I'm not a builder but I won't tell newbies what size of base they can build,  it might be what they really enjoy about Ark and they paid the same as I did for the game so again if they can farm the resources they can build what they want. 

You can read what you want from the Ops posts, I read hypocrisy.  Someone happy to take the purpose and fun out of another players game to protect their own situation.

4 hours ago, Hemplethwaite said:

Clearly you have no idea what I read from that post or the other thread. 

No one has to do anything. But people should be allowed to do as they please within the COC.

Think carefully about what the OP and the other established tribes are actually doing.

They are taking what many consider to be the end game for the Island and giving it to new players so that those new players will not do any of the things that are required to reach that end point. Not for the benefit of those new players but to ensure that no one else tries to enjoy the game and tame and breed their own boss army. 

New players are actively discouraged from breeding or taming,  but the OP on the other hand apparently needs the event for breeding because Ark is inthe OPs own words a breeding game  

When newbies arrive at our server I will sell them boss rex eggs if they are prepared to farm the resources to buy them. I get that not everyone wants to mutate generation after generation of dinos to get to a level to achieve victory in boss fights. But I won't take away their own achievement of raising those rexes and levelling them up. I won't take away their sense of fear and nervousness that first time they start a boss fight or their sense or real achievement or loss when they come out the other side. 

Personally I'm not a builder but I won't tell newbies what size of base they can build,  it might be what they really enjoy about Ark and they paid the same as I did for the game so again if they can farm the resources they can build what they want. 

You can read what you want from the Ops posts, I read hypocrisy.  Someone happy to take the purpose and fun out of another players game to protect their own situation.

I don't see a problem at all w/ what @SarahMonette said about people on their server working together as a community to make the server life more playable.  I didn't see anything in their statement to say that all behavior on their server was compulsory.  We all have to live w/ the resources we are given, and the more we play as a community of players and work together on a server, the more playable the server can become. 

I'm not quite sure what your problem with this is.  There's nothing stopping people from playing how they want, other than over building, over breeding and crashing a server every 30minutes so that noone can actually play on the servers.  Much like almost nobody can run missions on any Genesis server on official pve because everyone gets randomly booted on server saves.  These servers were fine w/ 70 people in the first couple months of release.... Gee , I wonder what has happened since then to make it boot all players on server saves...

You don't see the problem with them carrying newbies through boss fights and making the rest of the game pointless to these people? 

It's how are they keeping their sever "Healthy" 

It works like this 

New player

Day 1 join server 

Day 2 get carried through boss fight ( no real involvement just stay at the back out of the road ) 

Day 3 what do we do now? we beat the game already

Day 4 leave server look for new game 

Very helpful

2 hours ago, Hemplethwaite said:

You don't see the problem with them carrying newbies through boss fights and making the rest of the game pointless to these people? 

It's how are they keeping their sever "Healthy" 

It works like this 

New player

Day 1 join server 

Day 2 get carried through boss fight ( no real involvement just stay at the back out of the road ) 

Day 3 what do we do now? we beat the game already

Day 4 leave server look for new game 

Very helpful

what's the point in playing the game on a multiplayer server if you want to play all by yourself?  If you want to do all those things from scratch , you can simply run a personal server or play single player.  If you want to play on official, you are choosing to play on servers that have had players building up bloodlines for several years at this point.  The one of the prime benefits of playing on official pve servers is the player generated dna. 

People who trade dinos are doing all the servers a service by reducing the need for everyone to do everything themselves.  THere is somewhere around 170 different types of animals to tame and/ or breed.   To me, that sounds a little crazy to think I'm going to breed and try to mutate 100 different types of animals... super cave divers, super water dinos, super flyers, super weight dinos, super boss killers,  titan killers, start mutating giga melee from scratch when there's over 1065% melee already floating around.... 

I have done some of all of those things, and I find it's worth my time , in order to do the things in game I enjoy, by simply trading for stats of dinos I don't want to invest weeks to months perfecting something I would use.

If a noob wants to short cut, get to the "end" if they perceive it that way, and then move on to another game - then we all benefit by the server being less crowded.  IF that's what they want, let them have it.  

Picked through this my answers in red

5 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

what's the point in playing the game on a multiplayer server if you want to play all by yourself?  If you want to do all those things from scratch , you can simply run a personal server or play single player.  If you want to play on official, you are choosing to play on servers that have had players building up bloodlines for several years at this point.  The one of the prime benefits of playing on official pve servers is the player generated dna. 

Not arguing with you there, but....Do the players that built up the blood lines require that no one else can have a boss army? Do the players who created those bloodlines prevent other players from building bloodlines? Do the players that built those bloodlines carry every player who wants to do a boss through the boss fight? 

People who trade dinos are doing all the servers a service by reducing the need for everyone to do everything themselves.  THere is somewhere around 170 different types of animals to tame and/ or breed.   To me, that sounds a little crazy to think I'm going to breed and try to mutate 100 different types of animals... super cave divers, super water dinos, super flyers, super weight dinos, super boss killers,  titan killers, start mutating giga melee from scratch when there's over 1065% melee already floating around.... 

I clearly said I was happy to sell to any tribe that wanted boss rexes. I never suggested that people want to mutate their own boss armies I did say they should be allowed to raise their own.

I have done some of all of those things, and I find it's worth my time , in order to do the things in game I enjoy, by simply trading for stats of dinos I don't want to invest weeks to months perfecting something I would use.

So might some new players if they were left to make their own choices

If a noob wants to short cut, get to the "end" if they perceive it that way, and then move on to another game - then we all benefit by the server being less crowded.  IF that's what they want, let them have it.  

Not really getting the point here are you, it's not just the people who are happy to shortcut everything. This is the way that the established tribes on that server  treats all new players regardless of what that players aims and goals are.  Those who consider themselves the Elite have boss armies and if you want to do a boss you go with them.  You do not breed your own dinos because that would impact server performance and might affect  the breeding those who consider themselves the elite want to do.

Archived