Community Crunch 254: Last Week In ARK, Community Corner, and More!

StudioWildcard

15 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

That doesn't make them money. That would be poor business.

SE is the prime example of that. Everything was put on Rag, people stopped paying for the map even when they tried to make the map an easier experience. 

Drakes and Reapers still make Ab a viable purchase.

I'm just saying, why not make a similar version, but weaker? aberration dinos have less health but more damage, if I remember correctly. what I'm saying is, basically like genesis, make world-specific versions of some of the dinos. x-raptor, x-tapejara, x-golem, etc. that's what I'm saying. could be a good idea. I'm not saying do it immediately, I'm saying a suggestion.

20 hours ago, Sparky16 said:

o_O what on earth are you talking about?  because it wasn't mentioned in here you think it's not coming or something? I'm confused, was something said in here? We're supposed to get  announcements on it in the next two weeks or so. It's mentioned in the twitter feed in discord. Patience makes the heart grow fonder!  >_>  I totally want that tek bow yesterday though!

I didn't see that feed but that's good news. Apologies for my pre-emptive overreaction but tbf, every expansion except for SE has been delayed so I guess I just expect it and see drawn out silence to be a bad sign, but it's good to be corrected and see that there's an announcement. Hopefully it's a "full steam ahead" announcement.

On 2/12/2021 at 7:38 PM, Magmasaur103 said:

well, that is a good question, not gonna lie. but here's something for ARK:
if they're worried about not having aberration ruined by rockdrakes, why not make a expansion variant? one for crystal isles and valguero. basically, if there was a dino that would ruin the map it was based on, why not make a varient SIMILAR (not completely, has to have unique abilities that are almost unique, and a mix of original) so that way we can have all aberration dinos in the free maps. anyone agree?

Hmmm good idea! Also mods will not be coming to console cuz PS4 and Xbox put up a bunch of irritating hurtles.

2 hours ago, Dinobros2000 said:

Hmmm good idea! Also mods will not be coming to console cuz PS4 and Xbox put up a bunch of irritating hurtles.

is it because of all the arguing of who's better?? lol

also, disagree if you want, but I don't mind both. I have the right to say this since I've played both for ARK and MC, along with C.o.D (I'm not listing fortnite, due to not being a fun game for me.)

Edited by Magmasaur103

On 2/13/2021 at 1:13 PM, GP said:

It is now an INI setting for unofficial and single player on PC. and likely to come to console at some point.

It seems pretty ridiculous to only give it back halfway doesn’t it?  I’m sure they could VERY EASILY give us some flyer speed back on officials, especially when it was a line of BS they used when they took it away.

On 2/13/2021 at 12:35 AM, yekrucifixion187 said:

SE is the prime example of that. Everything was put on Rag, people stopped paying for the map even when they tried to make the map an easier experience. 

It actually does when you think about it.  I have SE, Ab and Ext and between the 3, I log onto SE for certain things over Rag.  If I’m going for milk or desert drops or alpha wyverns it’s SE all the way.  If I’m going for wyvern eggs I go to Rag, because high level eggs are easier to find.  WC could change that by simply by working the spawn rates on SE to slightly better than Ragnarok.  Also SE’s scar is twice as big as Rag’s.  Also most people I’ve talked to go to SE for milk, drops and alphas because of server population.  Try going to a busy rag server during an event, you got a better chance of seeing god than getting into that scar without anyone getting butt hurt and accusing you of undercutting them (I play xplay as well so we only have one Ragnarok server in the cluster.  Another stupid decision on the part of WC IMO).

To add to the point CI originally DID have drakes (whether they were crystals or not I don’t remember), but in another stroke of WC genius they removed them but left the other creatures, like the Baslisk, that requires drake or magma eggs to tame lol. 

My point with this is that people buying the expansions probably won’t fluctuate much even if certain creatures are available on certain maps or not.  What does cause loss of capital to WC is the consistent foot shots the company commits on itself, with unnecessary nerfs and the disregard to bugs that cause people to get pissed off and quit.  I’ve seen that personally, when the center fist released I was in a 25 member tribe of friends, and out of that 25 member tribe only 6 people play anymore and only 2 (myself and 1 other person) still play official.  It’s a small sample to use for an example but I’m sure it is proportional to the rest of the community to some degree.

Last thing, plan on gen 2 to be delayed.  I’m not expecting gen 2 to drop until at least April.  Could it still be released in March, sure.  Am I expecting it, no.  If does release in March, I bet it’ll be riddled with bugs until at least April if not May.  I will be shocked if gen 2 is released in March with a limited number of issues.

On 2/14/2021 at 12:24 PM, Magmasaur103 said:

is it because of all the arguing of who's better?? lol

also, disagree if you want, but I don't mind both. I have the right to say this since I've played both for ARK and MC, along with C.o.D (I'm not listing fortnite, due to not being a fun game for me.)

Nah it’s mostly if they include the mod store they want players to have to pay, including a bundle of Mods as a DLC wouldn’t work cuz Xbox would also make you pay, all added content has to be screened, and adding mods to base game would jurassicly increase the file size, and that would only be 15 or so mods, not the 1000s that are out there, along with that, some recoding might be needed to make it console compatible, making either WC or the modder do more work, and with big mods like S+, its a whole lot more work.

Im not saying either console is better, Both are options far cheeper then a good PC and work well, and use a simple controller. I personly only have player on an XBox 1 S due to it being a little cheeper then PS4 at the time.

You roll out events and stupid updates that does idiotic QoL poop we dont need, but fixing the bugs, glitches and other game breaking stuff, nooo thats none of ur concern.

This game is slowly turning into a real crap game. We still here only because we spent so muvh time amassing what we have, despite Wildcard tearing it down at every opportunity they get.  Well, raptor you guys, fix your game and stop doing lame ass events where ppl ends up beeing unable to play the game for several days out of the event time.

Hire someone who actually knows how to write proper code, and ban those exploiters to kingdom come. Set connection limit to 100 ping, anyone above that should NOT be able to connect! Learn from others games peeps, quit beeing stupid.

• Thanks 2

17 hours ago, sverrebob said:

You roll out events and stupid updates that does idiotic QoL poop we dont need, but fixing the bugs, glitches and other game breaking stuff, nooo thats none of ur concern.

This game is slowly turning into a real crap game. We still here only because we spent so muvh time amassing what we have, despite Wildcard tearing it down at every opportunity they get.  Well, raptor you guys, fix your game and stop doing lame ass events where ppl ends up beeing unable to play the game for several days out of the event time.

Hire someone who actually knows how to write proper code, and ban those exploiters to kingdom come. Set connection limit to 100 ping, anyone above that should NOT be able to connect! Learn from others games peeps, quit beeing stupid.

Ladies and gentlemen we have a butthurt. I think it need to give a sip of milk to calm down

• Facepalm 1

Hey, wasn't sure how to reach out but I saw on twitter that if we have lost a tame or loot from trying to upload it that we could reach out to a dev for help. During the event I lost a full grown mag with a journeyman saddle and also my favorite Giga, it was 1,586 melee and all black and I really loved it!! :( we also lost about 20 ascendant compound bows. I am mainly upset about the Giga, if there is ANY WAY at all that I could get it back I would be so happy!! Please let me know if there is anything that I can do, thank you!

On 2/12/2021 at 11:35 PM, yekrucifixion187 said:

I thought reaper queens were being put on val

17 hours ago, SMoneyQuan said:

Hey, wasn't sure how to reach out but I saw on twitter that if we have lost a tame or loot from trying to upload it that we could reach out to a dev for help. During the event I lost a full grown mag with a journeyman saddle and also my favorite Giga, it was 1,586 melee and all black and I really loved it!! :( we also lost about 20 ascendant compound bows. I am mainly upset about the Giga, if there is ANY WAY at all that I could get it back I would be so happy!! Please let me know if there is anything that I can do, thank you!

if you own the server you could go back to a previous save which sucks bc you lose progress but you regain all lost dinos pretty sure