fishing I hate fishing

HiImZech

can we not have the event revolves around fishing?

I've never seen any man whose wife actually likes him to disappear for an entire day to come back with 1 fish in his tank.

you make us wait 5mins for a fish to be hooked? that's like 1/10 of in game day gone

if you can't improve the fishing mechanic, at least let fish net work for the event.

1 hour ago, HiImZech said:

I've never seen any man whose wife actually likes him to disappear for an entire day to come back with 1 fish in his tank.

you make us wait 5mins for a fish to be hooked? that's like 1/10 of in game day gone

if you can't improve the fishing mechanic, at least let fish net work for the event.

You have to wait 5 whole minutes to catch a fish!?! That's unprecedented.

10 hours ago, HiImZech said:

me and the wife where sat on a raft for hours (real time here) and caught ZERO chocolates / color things we got a few chibis and moved around the big lake of Val but hooking a love heart cole was just not done .... :( BUT we mated a ton of dinos tonight and got enough bits for her to get the little outfit skins - me i didnt want anything from this event but a smile from the wife :P soooooo all i can say is mate dinos and hope for the best,  offical server too.

This event revolving around fishing was lame last year, and it's lame this year. It sucks trying to find a spot where the event fish even spawn, it sucks trying to get in range of them to actually CATCH one, it sucks dealing with placement restrictions on PVE, it sucks making yourself a sitting duck in PVP.

Why not have a special event bait spawn around you like the pumpkins/tombstones that guarantee you'll catch a heart-fish? 

It seriously feels like even the devs realized how dumb the fishing was, so they made the nets in genesis. Then someone got the glue-snorting idea to make one of the major events of the year revolve entirely around a broken fishing mini-game and not use the nets, and lagging the servers as much as possible with breeding hundreds of tames. You guy's enjoying your ping shooting up to 150+ every three minutes because people have to leave female tames out to farm event items?

Just have fun sitting in a chair for 5 minutes, staring at your screen, hoping you dont lag and miss or mess up the QTE after you finally get a bite!

You would think that with the success of some events, they could just copy/paste the formula over to the other ones. Instead we get this. 

The x3 is nice though, after a month of no Evo Events and all my friends deciding to stop playing because they don't have the rediculous amount of time this game demands. Yeah love is in the air alright, like a wet fart.

5 hours ago, MelloReflex said:

This event revolving around fishing was lame last year, and it's lame this year. It sucks trying to find a spot where the event fish even spawn, it sucks trying to get in range of them to actually CATCH one, it sucks dealing with placement restrictions on PVE, it sucks making yourself a sitting duck in PVP.

Why not have a special event bait spawn around you like the pumpkins/tombstones that guarantee you'll catch a heart-fish? 

It seriously feels like even the devs realized how dumb the fishing was, so they made the nets in genesis. Then someone got the glue-snorting idea to make one of the major events of the year revolve entirely around a broken fishing mini-game and not use the nets, and lagging the servers as much as possible with breeding hundreds of tames. You guy's enjoying your ping shooting up to 150+ every three minutes because people have to leave female tames out to farm event items?

Just have fun sitting in a chair for 5 minutes, staring at your screen, hoping you dont lag and miss or mess up the QTE after you finally get a bite!

You would think that with the success of some events, they could just copy/paste the formula over to the other ones. Instead we get this. 

The x3 is nice though, after a month of no Evo Events and all my friends deciding to stop playing because they don't have the rediculous amount of time this game demands. Yeah love is in the air alright, like a wet fart.

leave alone the fact that locations that spawned coels a ton under regular circumstances now have a massive amount of piranhas and the few coels that do spawn have a bite rate that is ridiculous. not to mention that only few of the aforementioned actually are 'event coels'

Thank you...whoever it was that decided "You know what people would love? An event that pretty much totally revolves around the one thing that everyone hates in this game and never does, that we have done before and everyone hates EVERY time...that would be great!" needs to be removed from the decision making process completely.  At the very least, make it so the net works with the event and up the percentage of dinos dropping candy. We have bred HUNDREDS of dinos since the beginning and have yet to see a SINGLE box of chocolates.

Archived