beta dragon with rex army

heliantha

I realize there's another thread about the dragon currently active, but that thread is specifically about therizinos.

so:
Is the beta dragon doable with 2 players, 19 rexes (50k life, 2200 dmg, 95+ ascended saddle) and 1 yuti (nothing special, 80 armor saddle) and how hard is it going to be? Would you advise against even trying it? We've never fought the dragon before. I've participated in an alpha dragon raid, but that raid was hosted by a veteran player who brought his army of extremely strong deinoychuses, and the fight was over in ~2 minutes - not exactly a good learning experience.

Everyone is talking about therizinos + veggie cakes, and while we do have a bunch of theris, they're nothing special stat-wise, so I'd probably need to buy a strong breeding pair. Plus we would have to craft 19 ascended theri saddles. On the other hand, we have more than enough rexes - basically, the rex army is ready to go.

(In case you're wondering, the reason I'm asking about beta specifically is because of the tek transmitter. My buddy really wants that tekgram, since its such a timesaver. We don't really care about doing the dragon on alpha at this point.)

16 minutes ago, hud said:

Then go on val or Ragnar and do alpha u won't lose a single one, but u will be fine on beta too.  Tbh u can hit alpha with rexes like that but many off them won't survive.

omg now i feel really dumb. i thought you had to do the one one the island to get the transmitter unlocked. 😅😅

Yeah... Val is a piece of Cake.

I use a few junk Deonys, Rexes and Yuti.  For beta, I don't even bring in the full 20 tames.

There is a standard tactic... when you get into the arena, keep all on neutral, get on the Yuti and go down there stairs and make sure the Manticore flys off the perch.

Then go back up the stairs to the platform. The dragon will land, and begin walking toward you. When if gets halfway there, send in the Deonys... then the rexex (power all up with the yuti).

Dragon will drop in a minute. Then turn them on the ape. You may lose some or all the deonys to him, but the ape will drop.

Then it is a waiting game for the manti to land, get shredded, fly away...rinse repeat for 5 minutes, but you will win.

Bring a decent shotgun with ammo, medical potions, food, and drink.

With those rexes, you will walk thru beta and get your Transmitter.

Crystal Wyvern Queen is also insanely easy to do with deinos + rexes as well and a very underrated boss for tekgrams (not so much the element she gives however which is kinda crappy) since everything is very easy to farm. Beta will give you pretty much all the important engram the Dragon would give aka transmitter, and even gives tek geny + tek trough which are amazing if you don't have them yet.

Any Deino would do as people mentionned, but if you are on PC Official PvE I can hit you up with a few top of the line deinos, for free. 😃

4 hours ago, heliantha said:

I realize there's another thread about the dragon currently active, but that thread is specifically about therizinos.

so:
Is the beta dragon doable with 2 players, 19 rexes (50k life, 2200 dmg, 95+ ascended saddle) and 1 yuti (nothing special, 80 armor saddle) and how hard is it going to be? Would you advise against even trying it? We've never fought the dragon before. I've participated in an alpha dragon raid, but that raid was hosted by a veteran player who brought his army of extremely strong deinoychuses, and the fight was over in ~2 minutes - not exactly a good learning experience.

Everyone is talking about therizinos + veggie cakes, and while we do have a bunch of theris, they're nothing special stat-wise, so I'd probably need to buy a strong breeding pair. Plus we would have to craft 19 ascended theri saddles. On the other hand, we have more than enough rexes - basically, the rex army is ready to go.

(In case you're wondering, the reason I'm asking about beta specifically is because of the tek transmitter. My buddy really wants that tekgram, since its such a timesaver. We don't really care about doing the dragon on alpha at this point.)

Me and my tribemate did alpha dragon on offical with similiar stats on out rexes. We brought 1 yuty and two pigs aswell, first time i was on a pig during a fight and i kinda forgot to heal the rexes lol but the fight was over very quick anyways. 

My Tek started on Extinction. Basically, I was near someone else Desert Titan fight and unlocked the Engrams when they killed it.

The other 2 titans I summoned and killed with rex army. Once I got the TP pad, the map really opened up (god bless the Public TP).

Then, I setup a base on Val to get the Alpha Boss fight and the desired engrams for Transmitter and Cloning.

At some point, I will circle to Island and get the beta Broodmother to get the tek building pieces.

Archived