Taking on Broodmother Alpha

Tsutarius

To put it short and simple, my tribe has seven Rexes, HP 70k +, melee 2k +, I got prim armor for em,

I normally see people talking about using 19 rexes with 30k HP and 750 melee with a yuty and being able to take it down,

But how do you think I would fair?

Given my rexes melee is Extremely higher, let alone double the hp to boot, do you think we'd be able to take down BroodMother Alpha? I've already beaten it myself with friends, but my tribe mates haven't yet.

Thoughts?

Advice?

Suggestions?

If you have prim saddles I reckon only seven rexes won't be enough, or maybe a really close one if every Rex is ridden with max imprint and the Yuty rider doesn't sleep during the fight. She isn't hard to do per se, but she deals an absolute ton of dmg in an AoE so good saddles/imprint/high HP is very valuable imo. tbh I'd just use the event to breed as many rexes as possible especially since you seem to have a good line. You can probably do it now but with those stats 19 rexes will make it 100% doable. If you have the manpower you could also use a pig or two. Being able to shoot while healing your rexes is very useful. It's mostly about being able to sustain her damage rather than dealing a lot of damage yourself, in my experience.

5 hours ago, Vit0Corleone said:

I think you aren't considering how much of a difference a good saddle makes.

The damage reduction even a low end saddle gives compared with prim is pretty high:

image.png.2ec7cabce2109db2cf75e803877e295f.png

So I should totes get ascended saddles then? Do you think we'd be able to handle her then? Cause id hate to wait another 2 weeks to grow that many rexes, it takes so long for us to get rexes in adult state now ya know?

8 hours ago, Gooberino said:

If you have prim saddles I reckon only seven rexes won't be enough, or maybe a really close one if every Rex is ridden with max imprint and the Yuty rider doesn't sleep during the fight. She isn't hard to do per se, but she deals an absolute ton of dmg in an AoE so good saddles/imprint/high HP is very valuable imo. tbh I'd just use the event to breed as many rexes as possible especially since you seem to have a good line. You can probably do it now but with those stats 19 rexes will make it 100% doable. If you have the manpower you could also use a pig or two. Being able to shoot while healing your rexes is very useful. It's mostly about being able to sustain her damage rather than dealing a lot of damage yourself, in my experience.

So get top tier saddles and work on soaking an mitigating her damage seems to be a common theme amongst threads I'm on. Okay. Noted. But the question is with 7 rexes and a yuty, do you think we can handle it with how much melee and go we have?

If you are 8 players so every Rex ridden by its owner with max imprint AND you throw a half decent pig in there, then I think you might pull it off but it would be really tight. If not I wouldn't try it at all and just breed more Rexes + find a better BP for your rex saddles (doesn't need to be an insane bp, just anything close to 60 will already mitigate a lot of damage).

Use the event to raise a few more... and get a bump in saddle quality... Asc would be awesome, but is a resource grind. Get ANYTHING better than Prim saddles. The difference of a 50 saddle over a 25 saddle is huge.

Your damage stat is great, though... so... adding more rexes will give more biters to then take less damage. I full spread of rexes with that melee and 70K health will win the fight, but you will lose rexes w/o at least double the armor you currently give them. Try trading for a medium armor BP.

On 2/11/2021 at 2:46 AM, Tsutarius said:

To put it short and simple, my tribe has seven Rexes, HP 70k +, melee 2k +, I got prim armor for em,

I normally see people talking about using 19 rexes with 30k HP and 750 melee with a yuty and being able to take it down,

But how do you think I would fair?

Given my rexes melee is Extremely higher, let alone double the hp to boot, do you think we'd be able to take down BroodMother Alpha? I've already beaten it myself with friends, but my tribe mates haven't yet.

Thoughts?

Advice?

Suggestions?

Thanks for all the tips. We played it safe and tackled broodmother with 19 rexes and 1 yuty. Thanks you everyone!

Archived