Flyer QOL changes.

Dinobros2000

Suggestion

A few changes, to most or all flyers to make them much less irritating. 
first change: when flyers hit water, make them just stop as if they hit a wall, rather then dismounting the player. If not for all flyers, at least for the CI wyverns. 

secound change: don’t auto land when low on stam, just make it drain torpor. 

third change: Flyer auto land AI. If no player is mounted on flying flyer, make it attempt to find a landing spot directly below it rather then landing a mile away, don’t attempt to land in water(applies to wild too) and don’t attempt to land in lava, I mean, come on! 

fourth change: EVERY flyer, is slower when gaining altitude, but faster when losing it, AKA gliding. However they don’t have the smashing land.

fifth change: when dismounting dinos with a dino in its clutches, it dosent drop said dino.

Sixth change: Peligornis requires space bar to land/take off from water, and when going from land to water, or vice versa, it dosent take off.

Seventh change: Fix the bug where flyer will start walking as if on wander when they land. 

Eighth change: If attempting to dismount flyers(Excluding Wyvs and Quetz) will ask for comfrimation.

Ninth change: You can stand on all flyer if you land on them perfectly right, this will make crashing/logging off in air not kill you.

1 reply to this server topic

I like 4, slow gain faster fall. The rest of them I feel like might end up being more annoying than things are right now. Particularly numbers 2 and 8. Adding torpor while flying is a bad idea. If you don’t notice it, and it falls unconscious then you both die. Confirmation, while an interesting idea, would drive people crazy after so long not having that. 

my issue with fliers is if I take one inside  (say a shoulder flyer in a house or a a larger animal in a bird cage) and it starts flying. They fly in a straight line and (hopefully) get stuck. But if they make it out, then they fly endlessly in that line, never come to land, and just disappear. Once the make it too the edge of the map they slowly drift upward into oblivion

Archived