Stamina and Health regen underwater

esquire1980g

Suggestion

Private servers really need to be able to turn off the no regen.  I had ARK servers when this was not a problem and regen worked underwater.  WildCard may have implimented this for some PVP reasoning I can not see, but private servers need to be able to have regen underwater.   I started up my servers again and IMHO, The Island underwater is almost unplayable due to this problem.  I have no idea how anyone would be able to get thru the hard underwater cave like ARK is today.  One of my players tried the easy water cave and died there.  I have looked and I can find no mods to fix this.  I have even emailed servers.io for ini code to fix this and they said none exists.

Please give us a .ini setting to have the underwater game like it used to be.

5 replies to this server topic

1 hour ago, GP said:

Are you not using water tames? They resolve your stamina problem. Simply mounting, or dismount/re-mount fixes stam issues.

We didn't use water tames before.  About the last of my cluster, we noticed this problem but to be honest, I thought it was a bug back then and killed my servers pretty fast thereafter to go hit SWG again.  It's still unplayable underwater and WC could take care of this easily with a option to turn back on regen on privates.  I couldn't care less about what they do on official.  I heavily use .ini code and mods to rebalance, add to, and take away from the base game where it's needed.  

I seen the work-arounds, climb on a tame, take a chair with you, place it, sit on it, and regen.  Both are still just work-arounds like what players do for a bug.  Might as well fix this one.

3 hours ago, esquire1980g said:

We didn't use water tames before.  About the last of my cluster, we noticed this problem but to be honest, I thought it was a bug back then and killed my servers pretty fast thereafter to go hit SWG again.  It's still unplayable underwater and WC could take care of this easily with a option to turn back on regen on privates.  I couldn't care less about what they do on official.  I heavily use .ini code and mods to rebalance, add to, and take away from the base game where it's needed.  

I seen the work-arounds, climb on a tame, take a chair with you, place it, sit on it, and regen.  Both are still just work-arounds like what players do for a bug.  Might as well fix this one.

It is fully intentional that you regen stamina when mounted on any tame, aquatic or not. Doing the water caves with a high level squid, basil, or mosa was reasonable. I could not imagine running either cave without any form of mount...it's simply too dangerous with eels and jellies hiding in the mesh. Afaik health regen occurs underwater, but at a slowed rate when cold or hot and at a loss if you're very cold or very hot. 

Stamina and heath regen above water, what is the reasoning for having no regen under water?  Before this "re-development", we'd take in a group with Asc swords and used the hard cave to farm fish/etc.  I tried to get pearls from the south beech, took out 2 sharks and was limited to the bottom and slow.  No sense in this other than some PVP deal, I would imagine, certainly doesn't apply to PVE or PVE/PVP which is my cluster.

If WC wants it like this on their "official" servers, that's fine with me.  However, give us the option to turn off this no regen on privates.  Gameplay is gameplay and choices are choices.  Ground even has the option to make health/Sta regen faster for the entire private server.  Why hold water to this  no-choice" standard?  Or at least put out the .ini code to get rid of this no regen.  

Pretty easy fix for just a line of code.

Archived