dedicated server Help with Private Dedicated Server

Hello, I've set up a private dedicated server for me and my friend that's running fine. I just have a few minor issues:

1. How do I remove dinos from the game? Primarily the Leedsichthys. I put this line (PreventDinoTameClassNames=Leedsichthys_Character_BP_C) into both the servers game.ini (ARK Dedicated Server\steamapps\common\ARK Survival Evolved Dedicated Server\ShooterGame\Saved\Config\WindowsServer\Game.ini) and what I assume to be my personal game.ini (SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\ARK\ShooterGame\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\Game.ini) but it still spawns even after wiping all wild dinos. Is there a different file I should put this into?

2. I've tried speeding up mating/cuddle/hatch etc. times and they dont seem to update on animals that are already on a cooldown is that normal?

3. My dedicated servers game.ini seems to be wiped every time I open it which may be the main issue with all my problems, is this a common issue?

4. Can I add mods to my server even though one of my friends plays on Epic Games?

Thanks

• Volunteer Moderator
  1. If you want to remove a specie from the wild you have to use:
    # ../Game.ini

[/script/shootergame.shootergamemode]
    NPCReplacements=(FromClassName="Leedsichthys_Character_BP_C",ToClassName="")

Otherwise you are just preventing players from taming said specie. Make sure to run a dino wipe (using admincheat destroywilddinos) so that existing ones are removed.

2. Yes, that is normal.

3. Make sure your server is not running when you edit your configuration. Alternatively, you can launch your server with the following option:

-nowrite
  4. I'm pretty sure mods are not yet officially available on EGS so no, I don't think so. I've seen some mentioning a way to run mods, but I wouldn't recommend it because it requires the use of thirdparty software which do so at your own risks.

Alright that helps a lot thanks, So when people say to put something in the game.ini they mean the servers game.ini correct? One more thing, is there any way to make the server boot when I turn my computer on I would use Windows Task Scheduler but its a pain to use and I couldn't get it to work. Thanks again

• Volunteer Moderator
23 minutes ago, YellowRubberDucky111 said:

So when people say to put something in the game.ini they mean the servers game.ini correct?

It depend. Unless you want to change single-player stuff then yes, otherwise no.

24 minutes ago, YellowRubberDucky111 said:

One more thing, is there any way to make the server boot when I turn my computer on I would use Windows Task Scheduler but its a pain to use and I couldn't get it to work.

You could simply add a batch file to your startup folder (WIN + R, shell:startup, paste your .bat file there).

• Volunteer Moderator
5 minutes ago, YellowRubberDucky111 said:

How do I set an absolute path to the executable? Sorry if this is a dumb question

For example, if you have the following in your batch file:

ShooterGameServer.exe TheIsl..

It will looks for that file from its location. So, since that file is now elsewhere, you have to use the absolute path for it to be able to resolve that executable. For example:

"F:\ull\path\to\ShooterGameServer.exe" TheIsl...

Archived