Island bosses

MGMbg

Yuty mandatory for every boss.

Megatheriums for Broodmother, you need to make sure they all get the buff from killing the little spiders so learn how to whistle and set up tame groups properly. For Alpha broodmother you will need some seriously good saddles and mutated Megatheriums because she packs a punch, a pig would definitely help too. You can do it with Rexes too but you better have some solid stats and really good saddles. There is also a strategy where you go in with only 1 kangaroo and jump on top of a mushroom at the back of the arena then shotgun broodmother for 20m straight. Requires a few good shotties and a loooooot of bullets depending on difficulty but you literally can't fail.

Alternatively, if you learn how to do it properly you can also solo alpha brood with deinonychuses and a yuty, she will aggro your yuty but get stuck on the deinos which she will not attack while they shred her with their bleed. I'd recommend a few runs on a private session so you get the hang of it but if you master it it makes even Alpha brood just a breeze. It's all about standing juuuuust the right distance away from her and having the small dinos blocking her path perfectly.

The monkey is easy asf, just get some good saddles and decently bred rexes. There isn't really a huge strategy to it, simply bite with the rexes and yuty roars, just be careful not to get punted into the arena's hole as it is instant death. I haven't seen anyone run alpha monkey in ages though, at least not on the Island.

The dragon is hard, like really really hard. But there are 3 strats currently available that I know of :

First one is the classic 18 therizinosaurs, good stats good saddles, put cakes in their inventory and have a pig and a yuty. This is basically just a dps check and avoiding the dragon fireball/dealing with the fliers.

Second strat is to use the same tames but replace one of the theris with a magmasaur leveled in HP with a good saddle. He will take almost no damage from the dragon and get all the aggro which means you can send your theris on the dragon's tail where the fire breath won't reach them. This is probably the most failproof method but I think it requires another player to be on the magmasaur so not viable for solo.

Third strat is the same as with broodmother : use deinos and they will block the dragon while your yuty gets the aggro and spams roar. This will get the dragon stuck in the running animation. Again this requires you to know the boss' range and aggro really well because if you mess up all your deinos are gone in a flash.

If I'm being honest however I probably wouldn't run the boss on Island for tekgrams if that's what you're after and I'd just do rag arena with decent rhinos, gamma monkey is fine to run for element every once in a while on Island however.

On 2/6/2021 at 2:02 PM, MGMbg said:

OK I read a lot of forums and most of them from loke 2017 or max 2018. I know that ARK is changing a LOT in time and i wanna know strategies that will work. I can bread 19 rexes and  1 Ytu ,maybe some deodons a dont . Maybe i should pull some assendant shotgun from my a** . That's the  problem I AM CONFUSED.

Honestly, the meta is 18 theri's and veggie cakes, 1 yuty with a slight bump in stamina points, and lastly a deadon filled to the brim with mutton.

You will nuke everything 

On 2/6/2021 at 2:02 PM, MGMbg said:

OK I read a lot of forums and most of them from loke 2017 or max 2018. I know that ARK is changing a LOT in time and i wanna know strategies that will work. I can bread 19 rexes and  1 Ytu ,maybe some deodons a dont . Maybe i should pull some assendant shotgun from my a** . That's the  problem I AM CONFUSED.

I wouldn't worry too much about being confused. There are multiple strategies that can beat the bosses, and what that means is that whatever animals & saddles you have that are the best will usually be what's best for you.

The easiest way to beat the Broodmother, for example, is if you have a good bloodline of megatheriums that you bred from high level tames combined with good megatherium saddles. But if you don't have a good bloodline of megatheriums, and instead you have a good bloodline & saddles for your rexes, then you might decide that it's worth doing with rexes. The only thing I would say is that for all three fights, especially if you're doing them solo, you need a good yuty for you to ride and a good daeodon for healing, other than that it might be worth consider trying it with your best combination of good bloodline + good saddle.

If you don't like the idea of using rexes for everything because, for example, megatheriums are better for broodmother and therizino's are better for dragon, then you have the option of spending more time looking for high level megatheriums, therizinos and saddles before you do the other bosses.

Personally, I'd rather do all three boss fights (four, if you count the tek cave) with therizinos than with rexes. If you want to focus on only one species then therizino is your best choice of those three. But if you have a very good bloodline and good saddles for any of those three then you can consider doing the bosses with that species.

Archived