I'm attempting to create a tek creature farm but babies disappear when hit

Aralis

I'm on an unofficial server with friends and I have set up an egg drop system. Tek parasaurs breed and lay eggs into a chamber where they hatch with a therizino to collect resources.My problem has been that when hit, even if they dont die, babies just disappear.I tried using a really weak sabertooth that wouldnt be able to kill them in one hit but they still just disapeared with no kill message up top.I've checked out videos on how to make these farms and they never even mention a problem like this.Any advice?

On 2/6/2021 at 10:19 AM, Aralis said:

I'm on an unofficial server with friends and I have set up an egg drop system. Tek parasaurs breed and lay eggs into a chamber where they hatch with a therizino to collect resources.My problem has been that when hit, even if they dont die, babies just disappear.I tried using a really weak sabertooth that wouldnt be able to kill them in one hit but they still just disapeared with no kill message up top.I've checked out videos on how to make these farms and they never even mention a problem like this.Any advice?

Iv noticed this occasionally, you got to adjust the matureing rate a bit in order to get them to "stay" in the game long enough.

I actually set up a mossachops farm once, the way it worked is instead of killing the babies right away, he waits till they die of starvation, and then cleans up the corpse. However you got to be carefull on what he harvests....I had mine set up for polymer, and every so often, the penguins would attack him if he accidentally bonked them while harvesting.....it was kinda crazy till I maxed out his melee.
Instead of just cleaning up corpses, he would also kill with one shot. XD

I built a glass slaughterhouse for killing tek Parasaur babies, having a Thyla on aggressive. I made it 4 walls high, put the parents on the ceiling on top so that the eggs fall into the pen. but on the 3rd wall under the females I also put an extra ceiling where the eggs can land and the Thyla can't reach the babies immediately. It happens every one in a while about 85% of the time, but it's ok for me. Thylas are the best in my opinion because they have a good amount of weight and the prime from the babies keeps them fed.

Archived