Community Crunch 253: Love Evolved 2, Last Week In Ark, and More!

StudioWildcard

Looking forward to this, hope its playable... had to smile at the xbox player death stat.......I for one would love to see the stats of player death, items lost dinos killed to the actual game faults, dcs, bluescreens, lags etc, I know I alone have lost countless hours of my time raising giga and making expensive kit just to see it gone in one bluescreen that I have no control over whatsoever!

A death during a battle is honorable. a death in the ether is a crime

• Like 1

• Volunteer Moderator
32 minutes ago, Nathn02323 said:

Finally another evo/event.  It’s been forever. It’s the only time I play because it feels silly to farm or breed if it’s not boosted.  I don’t understand why it can’t be every weekend like it used to?  It’s been a month since the last boosted weekend. Way too long for players like me. 

Let me ask you this, regarding farming.

When you used to get it every weekend like last year right, you were happy to play because of the higher farming rates? Well since then those farming rates have been doubled on the base rates, which means the farming rates you had every weekend last year is now what you get 7 days a week.

So the question is, how is the current weekends without Evo events any different from weekends last year when you did have Evo events, considering the harvesting rates are now the same?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

• Volunteer Moderator
22 minutes ago, GP said:

Let me ask you this, regarding farming.

When you used to get it every weekend like last year right, you were happy to play because of the higher farming rates? Well since then those farming rates have been doubled on the base rates, which means the farming rates you had every weekend last year is now what you get 7 days a week.

So the question is, how is the current weekends without Evo events any different from weekends last year when you did have Evo events, considering the harvesting rates are now the same?

For the same reason people are more inclined to buy stuff they don't need just because the price tag says it's on sale; players are more inclined to farm and tame stuff if the rates says 2x. It's psychological, regardless if the yielded amount is the same. Common trick used to liquidate stuff; price it at $100 with 50% off and you will sell much more than pricing it at $50. Same price, same result, but people will buy so they feel like they are saving, not spending.

• Like 1

wow so many bans ..... not ... active admins are really needed so many copies of this game are sold and accts active that the entire playerbase knows this is a tiny drop in the numbers - almost nothing tbh - yes its something but not that much which is a shame i really thought battleeye  would pick up more but it seems the dupers / hackers etc have found ways around that as always :(

but yay event ... 3x for a week cool ugh fishing though sigh lol

1 minute ago, invincibleqc said:

You realize the majority of these accounts are not even playing on officials, right?

where did u pull that stat / 'fact' from? - unofficial servers are MUCH more policed than the officials plus there is bugger all profit on unofficial whereas the dupers etc can roam almost freely on offical doing their 'thing' so all them copies of the game sold and accts active will be recent bought hacker accts its simple as that .. wow / EQ many other mmo games have the same crap any game that can make someone more money than the price of a game will do it.

Thats the sad fact.

AND even if them accts are not on official my point still stands its a drop in in the ocean of players that are cheating its just a bugger to catch them with how prolific duping / hacking is.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, Duffmek said:

where did u pull that stat / 'fact' from?

Well, Steam reports ~67k players currently online. Battlemetrics reports ~46k players currently on a server. From that, we can determine that about ~20k players are either on the main menu or playing single-player. It also reports an average of ~9k players on officials in the past week. So, only from publicly available data, we can approximate that, at least on PC, only about ~13% of concurrent online players are actively playing on officials. So, since the enforcement team is only taking actions on officials, I'd say they are not doing so bad. Especially if we take into consideration that ban are their most extreme punishment and that they are also actively wiping tribes, etc. that is clearly not included in that chart.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

Well, Steam reports ~67k players currently online. Battlemetrics reports ~46k players currently on a server. From that, we can determine that about ~20k players are either on the main menu or playing single-player. It also reports an average of ~9k players on officials in the past week. So, only from publicly available data, we can approximate that, at least on PC, only about ~13% of concurrent online players are actively playing on officials. So, since the enforcement team is only taking actions on officials, I'd say they are not doing so bad. Especially if we take into consideration that ban are their most extreme punishment and that they are also actively wiping tribes, etc. that is clearly not included in that chart.

meh not bad but my point still stands people will buy sell if there is a market and there clearly is on ark unfortunatly :(

• Facepalm 1

6 hours ago, Duffmek said:

lol @Joebl0w13 facepalm another of my posts, what reason this time? whats so 'facepalmer' about my reply to invic? its true .. and there is NOTHING you can say about it which isnt.

I've got some cool stats for you Duffmek, JoeBl0w13 has given 216 likes and 420 facepalms, so probably don't take it too personally

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1