I really hope ID tags play a role in enforcement in Ark 2

SlipperySquid

While i do not know if they will even have PvP in Ark 2 i can safely say that one thing i hope becomes the norm is everyone's ID tag number shows up in the attack log. This way we can report the ID tag number to WC so enforcement know exactly who to watch and follow what servers they have been to and check out if anything shady is going on.

I'd rather have a proper in-game reporting system. Logging on to see stuff was dropped by Steam ID: 123, Character: [][], Tribe: [][] isn't going to change anything. Comprehensive in game reporting tools on the other hand are significantly more effective. Give the option to report someone on the death/respawn screen, and show/mark the player that killed you and the tribe they're in. Give an option for directly reporting chat messages while capturing the necessary information to tie it to a player. Add proper support for characters in other languages to avoid letting players hide behind non-Latin characters, or simply to make communication possible between players who speak different languages.

Cheaters and exploiters have been able to get away with as much as they do because it can nearly impossible to get the information required for WC to take any action. Making players track down cheaters through 3rd party tools is ridiculous, especially since some accounts, such as  EGS accounts, won't even show up in most tools. The average player probably won't be able to wade through a dozen [][] characters with 123 steam id's to find the right one.

6 hours ago, carbonark said:

I'd rather have a proper in-game reporting system. Logging on to see stuff was dropped by Steam ID: 123, Character: [][], Tribe: [][] isn't going to change anything. Comprehensive in game reporting tools on the other hand are significantly more effective. Give the option to report someone on the death/respawn screen, and show/mark the player that killed you and the tribe they're in. Give an option for directly reporting chat messages while capturing the necessary information to tie it to a player. Add proper support for characters in other languages to avoid letting players hide behind non-Latin characters, or simply to make communication possible between players who speak different languages.

Cheaters and exploiters have been able to get away with as much as they do because it can nearly impossible to get the information required for WC to take any action. Making players track down cheaters through 3rd party tools is ridiculous, especially since some accounts, such as  EGS accounts, won't even show up in most tools. The average player probably won't be able to wade through a dozen [][] characters with 123 steam id's to find the right one.

Exactly why i said ID tags. In MMORPG's most call them family names as they are unique to 1 person and no one can copy it so the average player can report this account and the GMs will know exactly where it is at the current time and where it has been previously.

Steam ID's have nothing to do with the system i am talking about. They need to create their own in-game unique ID tracking system not steam based system. You can have 5000 people named bob but if they all have a unique family ID number dedicated to that account all players will have to do is report that ID number and devs can instantaneously track them.

11 hours ago, SlipperySquid said:

Exactly why i said ID tags. In MMORPG's most call them family names as they are unique to 1 person and no one can copy it so the average player can report this account and the GMs will know exactly where it is at the current time and where it has been previously.

Steam ID's have nothing to do with the system i am talking about. They need to create their own in-game unique ID tracking system not steam based system. You can have 5000 people named bob but if they all have a unique family ID number dedicated to that account all players will have to do is report that ID number and devs can instantaneously track them.

Fair enough, usually ID's in ark are in reference to people's steam id, but the system you meant to describe would be a good addition as well. I think having both a proper ID tag and in-game reporting would do a lot to help cut down on the number of cheaters. Of course, that's as long as WC actually does anything about reports once they come in.

Archived