Experimental Megapithecus Armies

AirplaneSlider

For fun I'm creating experimental boss armies against the beta monkey boss cause I've already defeated him in alpha and unlocked the tekgrams. These are the following we have so far: Don't know if they'll even work. Just want to try them out for fun cause why not.

-Mammoth (Success)

-Carno

-Rhino

-Spino

-Paracer

-Gigantopithecus

-Megalosaurus

-Crab

-Ravager

-Baryonyx

-Any other ideas? Post them down below!

1 hour ago, AirplaneSlider said:

For fun I'm creating experimental boss armies against the beta monkey boss cause I've already defeated him in alpha and unlocked the tekgrams. These are the following we have so far: Don't know if they'll even work. Just want to try them out for fun cause why not.-Mammoth (Success)-Carno-Rhino-Spino-Paracer-Gigantopithecus

-Any other ideas? Post them down below!

Don't supose you could do an attempted run with meglosarus? Im not sure if going in dureing the night time would render them capable of hitting the bosse's or if the arena's are in a different time zone.

If they don't suffer from sleep deprivation cause of a nighttime boss run, could be an interesting match up

I'm getting together my Carno army too. First attempt will be with 7k hp, 543m hatches. I'll go to 25k hp, rest melee and probably watch tjem get decimated. I'm gonna jump right into Alpha Ape.

I ran Alpha Brood with Rex's the other day. 60k hp, 2400 melee, 124 Saddles and they still lost like 20k hp each so Carno's are very far out from going up against her.

13 hours ago, wizard03 said:

Don't supose you could do an attempted run with meglosarus? Im not sure if going in dureing the night time would render them capable of hitting the bosse's or if the arena's are in a different time zone.

If they don't suffer from sleep deprivation cause of a nighttime boss run, could be an interesting match up

Really like that idea. I'm gonna have to tame some megalos soon. I'll add it to the list

10 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

I'm getting together my Carno army too. First attempt will be with 7k hp, 543m hatches. I'll go to 25k hp, rest melee and probably watch tjem get decimated. I'm gonna jump right into Alpha Ape.

I ran Alpha Brood with Rex's the other day. 60k hp, 2400 melee, 124 Saddles and they still lost like 20k hp each so Carno's are very far out from going up against her.

Those are some insanely good rexes. 2400 melee!! Your carnos should be good for beta monkey.

3 hours ago, DomiDarko said:

Any creature with a pack bonus. I'm currently breeding Hyaenodons (I have an op saddle bp), but how about Kentros, Direwolves, Allos, Ravagers, etc.?

I’m thinking about allos too but they’re. I exactly “experimental” cause they are widely used for megapithecus.

I will have to try Hyaenodons and wolves.

Kentros should give us a good laugh haha.

Im not doing ravagers cause I don’t have access to abberation but I imagine their bleed attack would make it cool.

8 hours ago, AirplaneSlider said:

Those are some insanely good rexes. 2400 melee!! Your carnos should be good for beta monkey.

Yea. They have been bred for years at this point, not my work, I traded for Rex eggs, so they get crazy. Those were 30k hp, 1300 melee hatches. 

I believe on PS4 PvE, top released is 34k hp, 1437 melee hatch.

10 hours ago, AirplaneSlider said:

Sarco may be an interesting battle too....

People underestimate sarcos, and Mega is a pretty weak boss. But you need some good stuff (imprinted/stacked) to be able - and good saddles are pretty common (I got like 20 just running surface drops in aberration - to be serious, I think I only get sarco stuff in aberration...). I use them a lot to tame water stuff (since you can shoot mounted), and a small pack (3) can even take down big game like an alpha tuso. If only cnidaria wasn't such a stupid unbalanced opponent they could see a lot more of use.

You can do Alpha Brood with Allos, sooo... Mega is no problem at all if your tames are half good (if they are great I think even primitive saddles with do). And Megalosaurus I don't know man (working with them outside aberration is annoying)... the boss arena is always day right? Because they are OP AF at night (aka only in Aberration), but the pooptiest of all dinos at day (they will struggle to reach the boss because of the "day" debuff - they probably will not even be able to hit it because of the knockback+slowness).

And sorry, I can only think about stupid stuff that will probably be killed to fast - like kapros. I imagine all 19 of them flying towards the boss and falling in the whole in the first second of the fight...

Archived