Theris vs Beta (and Alpha?) Dragon

AirplaneSlider

I have an army created for the beta dragon and wanted to know if its a good plan. 

18 theris with 35k health and 1500% melee (Is the health too high or is it good?) 58 armor saddles.

1 Yuty 25k Health. 

1 wolf 15k-20k health (haven't leveled wolf yet). I'll be in the back riding the wolf with a tek rifle to gun the dragon down. Yuty will be following me on auto courage. If the courage roar range isn't reaching theris, Ill whistle the yuty to go closer.

What do you guys think of that plan? Will it work for beta dragon and perhaps alpha dragon? I play on sp settings in a sp world.

All help is appreciated. Thanks!

1 hour ago, AirplaneSlider said:

I have an army created for the beta dragon and wanted to know if its a good plan. 

18 theris with 35k health and 1500% melee (Is the health too high or is it good?) 58 armor saddles.

1 Yuty 25k Health. 

1 wolf 15k-20k health (haven't leveled wolf yet). I'll be in the back riding the wolf with a tek rifle to gun the dragon down. Yuty will be following me on auto courage. If the courage roar range isn't reaching theris, Ill whistle the yuty to go closer.

What do you guys think of that plan? Will it work for beta dragon and perhaps alpha dragon? I play on sp settings in a sp world.

the problem with the dragon, is that the fire breath does damage on a percentage level....no matter where the health is at, typically it only takes 4-5 firebreaths to kill anything you got. Because of this, a deadon is nearly impossible to leave behind when doing a dragon fight. The ability to turn its food stat into a health potion on legs for your army is invaluable. So while the list looks ok, Id say that taking your wolf out of the picture and replacing it with a deadon is going to be your best bet. Superior kibble is the best at replenishing the deadons food stat, and fastest. But the easiest is cooked mutton......tame up a couple sheep, breed em, use sword to slaughter em just before the fight {the kids, keep the parents for more sheep) cook, and then make the pig carry them into battle. You run out of food stat in the pig, start force feeding mutton to recover that stat quickly.

10 hours ago, AirplaneSlider said:

1 Yuty 25k Health. 

On official I would say this is rough, with the SP difficulty this should be fine even for alpha. I'd do away with the wolf and just ride a daeodon with lots of cooked meat in its inventory, also load the theris with cakes. You can shoot on the back of a daeodon and they're not too slow either so no need for the wolf IMO.

Put lots of veggie cakes in their inventory and I suggest starting on Gamma first as a test run, then go for Beta.  And as someone else mentioned a Daedon wouldn't hurt.  If you want to get a tad crazier you could try Magmasaur of yours to tank it while your Theri's go to work as well.  You also have to worry about the flying stuff in the fight if it agros to you, so have a Theri or high level Rex near your wolf to help kill that fast if you get it on you.

14 hours ago, wizard03 said:

the problem with the dragon, is that the fire breath does damage on a percentage level....no matter where the health is at, typically it only takes 4-5 firebreaths to kill anything you got. Because of this, a deadon is nearly impossible to leave behind when doing a dragon fight. The ability to turn its food stat into a health potion on legs for your army is invaluable. So while the list looks ok, Id say that taking your wolf out of the picture and replacing it with a deadon is going to be your best bet. Superior kibble is the best at replenishing the deadons food stat, and fastest. But the easiest is cooked mutton......tame up a couple sheep, breed em, use sword to slaughter em just before the fight {the kids, keep the parents for more sheep) cook, and then make the pig carry them into battle. You run out of food stat in the pig, start force feeding mutton to recover that stat quickly.

Good idea. I completely forgot we can shoot off of heal pigs. I'll breed one up quickly. I'll prob stick with mutton because I don't have industrial quantities of superior kibble nor the resources for it lol. All my sap is going towards the veggie cakes.

5 hours ago, Gooberino said:

On official I would say this is rough, with the SP difficulty this should be fine even for alpha. I'd do away with the wolf and just ride a daeodon with lots of cooked meat in its inventory, also load the theris with cakes. You can shoot on the back of a daeodon and they're not too slow either so no need for the wolf IMO.

1 hour ago, Chewytowel said:

Put lots of veggie cakes in their inventory and I suggest starting on Gamma first as a test run, then go for Beta.  And as someone else mentioned a Daedon wouldn't hurt.  If you want to get a tad crazier you could try Magmasaur of yours to tank it while your Theri's go to work as well.  You also have to worry about the flying stuff in the fight if it agros to you, so have a Theri or high level Rex near your wolf to help kill that fast if you get it on you.

Yeah I'll replace the wolf with a heal pig.

4 hours ago, DazzSHADOWS said:

I do the Alpha Dragon Solo using Megalosaurus (always at night), I ride a Therizino to heal if I take any hits but tbh Megalos shred it quick.

I might have to head down to the caves to tame myself some good breeders. One q, why do you ride a theri and not a yuty for the courage roar?

10 hours ago, AirplaneSlider said:

Good idea. I completely forgot we can shoot off of heal pigs. I'll breed one up quickly. I'll prob stick with mutton because I don't have industrial quantities of superior kibble nor the resources for it lol. All my sap is going towards the veggie cakes.

Yep, pig has the best goodies.....able to shoot, heal, a saddle to assist in tanking damage....one of the best support class tames in game when it comes to bosses

20 hours ago, AirplaneSlider said:

I might have to head down to the caves to tame myself some good breeders. One q, why do you ride a theri and not a yuty for the courage roar?

I would advise getting Megalos From Ab if you have that DLC as they are easier to find and tame in bulk. It's possible to do on lower stat ones than the ones I had in that vid but I would aim for 15khp and at least 700% damage after levelling them as a minimum, if they aren't doing enough DPS to dragon daytime might come before the fight is finished. I ride a theri for veggie cake healing. tbh you could pretty much ride anything as long as you get your whistles right and the dragon can't reach you with flames/bites. Also if you are on official PVE I can direct you to someone to trade for some insane stat Megalos.

1 hour ago, DazzSHADOWS said:

I would advise getting Megalos From Ab if you have that DLC as they are easier to find and tame in bulk. It's possible to do on lower stat ones than the ones I had in that vid but I would aim for 15khp and at least 700% damage after levelling them as a minimum, if they aren't doing enough DPS to dragon daytime might come before the fight is finished. I ride a theri for veggie cake healing. tbh you could pretty much ride anything as long as you get your whistles right and the dragon can't reach you with flames/bites. Also if you are on official PVE I can direct you to someone to trade for some insane stat Megalos.

Thanks for the advice. I play on sp so I'll have to manually get good megalos. I don't have the DLC rn but I am thinking of getting xbox game pass ultimate so I can get abberation. Once i do I'll try to find some nice megalos.

On 2/4/2021 at 9:49 AM, DazzSHADOWS said:

I do the Alpha Dragon Solo using Megalosaurus (always at night), I ride a Therizino to heal if I take any hits but tbh Megalos shred it quick.

If I understand your approach correctly, you are using a creature with a drag weight higher than the megalos to coerce the dragon AI into chasing you endlessly. Clever, but a bit cheesy tbh.

• Volunteer Moderator
3 minutes ago, Darkholis said:

If I understand your approach correctly, you are using a creature with a drag weight higher than the megalos to coerce the dragon AI into chasing you endlessly. Clever, but a bit cheesy tbh.

It's the very easy route to take, it's basically exploiting mechanic to stop the Dragon doing any damage, but something the Devs don't seem bothered about. Definitely cheesy.

44 minutes ago, GP said:

It's the very easy route to take, it's basically exploiting mechanic to stop the Dragon doing any damage, but something the Devs don't seem bothered about. Definitely cheesy.

Yeah works for broodmother too and I would assume every other Island boss, it works especially well with Deinonychuses since their bleed damage shreds her. You mess up and drop the aggro tho and it's a big RIP incoming.

Archived