How long did it take you to breed your super dino?

TinyForearms

I'm gonna admit it, I'm a casual player on Ark. I play singleplayer, with sped up times. I honestly cannot take the waiting. Half a day I could get about 5 stat mutations, and that's even with slomo 19 as an added measure. 
And I got to wonder, how long does it take for people playing on official rules. With the breeding time, hatch times, maturation times and the RNG, I imagine you guys and girls go through weeks. wouldn't be surprised if takes whole months. (The Rex for example in the gamepedia says about 5 hours hatch time, and at most 3 days 20 hours maturation) so at best every 4 days to breed a mutation? (that's even if you had enough eggs hatched and got the stat you wanted)
and I hear people mention they have thousands of % in melee damage and 100k hp on their rexes and gigas, unless these people neglected to mention they play on boosted servers, That is amazing dedication.

Depends on what you are breeding, most lines now are traded and its commons to see 100k+ mutations on older lines. Most 'boss' rexs are around 30-35khp and 12-17k melee depending on what a person wants. I think my gigas are at about 1055 melee but im sure there are better around.

I breed a lot, what i do is breed a male with all the stats i want to start with, then breed or tame a level 1 of female of that dino, clone it and mass breed every few days, only keeping any mutated males and discarding the rest. Mutations are maybe a couple a week.

4 minutes ago, Yggdrassil said:

Depends on what you are breeding, most lines now are traded and its commons to see 100k+ mutations on older lines. Most 'boss' rexs are around 30-35khp and 12-17k melee depending on what a person wants. I think my gigas are at about 1055 melee but im sure there are better around.

I breed a lot, what i do is breed a male with all the stats i want to start with, then breed or tame a level 1 of female of that dino, clone it and mass breed every few days, only keeping any mutated males and discarding the rest. Mutations are maybe a couple a week.

yeah i read a comment half a year ago mentioning having a 1400% dmg Giga, I seriously had a hard time believing that. at best a 150 tame gave me 390-400+ % (i may be wrong, i think at best it was as low as 200+%) melee to start with. Gigas having probably the longest breeding times and the low stat gain, yeah I can't imagine how long that'd take

I've been breeding Carno's every other day since around October. I just hit 20 hp mutes and 20 melee mutes so it is about to slow down significantly. I still have room to add more females so that'll probably start happening soon.

It can get a bit tedious, even with a short raise like Carno's, but it does have a certain level of excitement waiting for that next mute you will keep. 

It'll also keep me busy while I wait for Ark 2 to come to PS.

12 hours ago, TinyForearms said:

yeah i read a comment half a year ago mentioning having a 1400% dmg Giga, I seriously had a hard time believing that. at best a 150 tame gave me 390-400+ % (i may be wrong, i think at best it was as low as 200+%) melee to start with. Gigas having probably the longest breeding times and the low stat gain, yeah I can't imagine how long that'd take

I used to breed gigas in an official pvp megatribe and when I left like a year ago we had just reached a little under 1k base melee so that number sounds correct. Usually alliances share stats and serious breeders will have 100+ 0/0 females so getting a mutation every week is not a difficult thing and it really is just about the raising time on mutated babies.

I currently play on pve official and the average rex hatches at 30k hp and 1200 melee (there are some variations with less hp and more dmg). The level cap of 377 on hatch has been reached on most dinos a while ago though, so breeding for mutations is pretty much over except maybe for magmasaurs as they are kinda recent and with a longer breeding time.

Archived