No bee-hives anymore

CarlSupreme

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The patch notes for Eggscellent Adventure say they fixed a bug with wild queen bees not spawning. Personally, I had seen a handful of hives (and tamed one bee) prior to this patch, but this was on an unofficial server. I am seeing more hives on the Island redwoods than I was before the patch dropped.

However... last night, after the patch, I tried five times to tame a queen bee, and only one succeeded. The rest would not give me the taming prompt. So, something is still borked.

24 minutes ago, TargetOne said:

I haven't gotten any disconnects, but last night, out of five attempts, I only got one bee tamed. Couldn't get any "Press E to feed" prompt on the rest. And I was in full ghillie suit and using bug repellent every time.

I have often experienced the same problem. My newest theory is, that if you touch/collide with the queen, then she will switch into fear mode, where you can't continue the taming.

hm if you wear a tek helmet and activate it to see hostiles, the bee will change colour between Green/Yellow/Red - i believe you can only tame it/feed it when it is green.

i used cactus broth last time as the issue seems to be agro range. with high movement speed and cactus broth would just run at it spamming the feed button.

Well Gang thank you for all the responses ... It looks like the last patch on Official Island servers has made a step in the right direction .  The redwoods are spawning hives again.  

Thank you WC Dev's / Code writer's and From readers for listening !

Last night I was able to find hives and tame them .  Certain dino's are not able to hit them all ... it's more like some thing in the coding that does not allow Giga's to damage /break hives.  But lets say you take an Argentavis and attack the same hive and here comes the fighter bees better fly away fast!

If your on a map that has not seen wild hives return,  please let us all know that the struggle is not over . I Would like to keep this form going till " All the bugs are worked out"  pun intended.  I will keep on monitoring in till the fight for good bee taming is over.

Keep On Surviving

On 4/1/2021 at 7:46 AM, TargetOne said:

The patch notes for Eggscellent Adventure say they fixed a bug with wild queen bees not spawning. Personally, I had seen a handful of hives (and tamed one bee) prior to this patch, but this was on an unofficial server. I am seeing more hives on the Island redwoods than I was before the patch dropped.

However... last night, after the patch, I tried five times to tame a queen bee, and only one succeeded. The rest would not give me the taming prompt. So, something is still borked.

Try going out of render range and come back.  Like someone else said if they get aggro'ed by touching them they will not let you tame them..I had this problem as well.  Another trick is to log off the game and come back in.  That will also reset the aggro.  Yesterday I tamed a wild bee on scorched earth and had to do this because the bee was to high up to reach so I was jumping off my argent and trying to tame the bee in mid air...Didn't work because I kept aggro.  The only thing that worked was eventually building a platform of thatch and landing on it and walking up to bee and finally got the tame.

Following the easter patch it seemed beehives were once again working and i was able to tame 3. However, saturday night my friend and i scouted out 6 further beehives ( not including the 3+ hives that where stacked on top of each other) that we planned on taming the next day, but upon logging in that next day all those beehives had disappeared and we cannot find any further ones.

So it seems that they are still bugged to some degree. Un-bee-lievable!

EDIT - We are on a private server so nobody else could have tamed those hives.

• 2 weeks later...

When you guys fix the problem with the bee hive spawn ? Its now 2 Month with this Problem at Official Server.  Crossplay Server 846 and others .

We must wait a half year before its get fixed  ???

Payed Bionic Skins are also missing....

also a long time missing.. 

I Imagine , only 1 Guy at Wildcard work about bugfixes then i understand why it takes so long .. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Доброго времени суток. Столкнулся с такой проблемой. Не где не могу найти улей гигантских пчел на официальных pvp серверах( обычных) Выживаю на карте абберация. Нет ни пчел ни ульев. И на других картах как то тоже не попадались на глаза. Отсюда вопрос,как теперь делать экстроординарный корм и как мне приручить кротокрыса? Спасибо за внимание.

Хорошее время суток. Столкнулся с такой проблемой. Не там, где я не могу найти улей гигантских пчел на официальных пвп-серверах( обычных) Я выживаю на карте аберраций. Здесь нет ни пчел, ни ульев. Да и на других картах это как-то тоже не бросалось в глаза. Отсюда возникает вопрос: как мне теперь приготовить необыкновенную еду и как приручить крота? Спасибо за внимание.

• 1 month later...

It's not just the Island. Rag and Val have the same problem. Those are the only ones i have checked. There are no hives anywhere. If you run destroywilddinos they will respwan for a few hours, only to disappear and not return. This has been going on for months. I am not sure how this hasn't been addressed by Wildcard yet. We are using private servers on Nitrado.

• 1 month later...

Archived