No bee-hives anymore

CarlSupreme

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Started a new server about a week ago, been trying to get a kibble farm going, but I seem to be missing one crucial element.

A queen bee

I've searched every cliff and redwood tree, but there is not a single bee hive anywhere on The Island...

I saw there was a patch to make the Bee's not invisible on the 5th, so I made sure the server was up to date and did a dino wipe, but still nothing.

I've recently rented an Ark server from Nitrado and have the same issue on The Island. I came to the web to see if others were having the same issue. I'm running a dino-tracker mod, so I think I can provide some interesting insight. I can track queen bees, but they're invisible. The light pillar that marks the locations of dinos moves around just like the queen bee I'm tracking is there. They fly around, land on things and partake in other bee-like activities, but they never make hives and they're never visible. Sometimes they're in hive locations known to me, but there is no hive, not even in the mesh.

7 hours ago, nexus1g said:

I've recently rented an Ark server from Nitrado and have the same issue on The Island. I came to the web to see if others were having the same issue. I'm running a dino-tracker mod, so I think I can provide some interesting insight. I can track queen bees, but they're invisible. The light pillar that marks the locations of dinos moves around just like the queen bee I'm tracking is there. They fly around, land on things and partake in other bee-like activities, but they never make hives and they're never visible. Sometimes they're in hive locations known to me, but there is no hive, not even in the mesh.

Which Server version are you running? 324.16 says it has a fix for invisible bees. Also which mod are you using to track the dinos. i'd like to see if they are invisible on mine.

Seriously, Wildcard coders are working with foot............. please use your brain and hands :D

Same Issue on CROSSARK5 All Custom Hives disapeared even if overfeeded with flowers and No wild ones....

3 weeks now...

Achatinas are dying.... => Cryo... OK

Beavers spawn overcrowded => NOK

And what about Cakes? for an,y other reason that Achatinas?

15 hours ago, bigsexy85 said:

Which Server version are you running? 324.16 says it has a fix for invisible bees. Also which mod are you using to track the dinos. i'd like to see if they are invisible on mine.

I'm running 324.10. I'll try updating to see if that helps. I'm using this tracker: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=924933745

Finally got bee's to return to The Island.

Unfortunately it seems the fix from 324.16 for invisible bees doesn't apply retroactively.

After spending an hour using the Dino Tracker mod to track down invisible bees I had to wipe twice before they were visible again.

Idk if doing the dino wipe in the Redwoods had any effect, but the second wipe i did from teh middle of the ocean after that, I was able to find the bee hives again.

On 3/10/2021 at 11:57 AM, Piffguru said:

And there is basically no such thing as an administrator on official servers. Generally the only way on official that we get dino wipes is when there is a game/server update like at the start of an event for example.

I'm just waiting for Nitrado to update my server. I was hoping I could just manually update the files myself through FTP access, but they don't allow that. Thanks for the updates and what you did to correct the issue. Once they get around to updating me, I'll know what to do now, though, thanks to you.

On 3/13/2021 at 3:51 AM, Tabbi426 said:

I've flown around to all the places I normally go to for beehives. There is not a single hive anywhere on the Xbox official island 479. I've been searching for two hours and there aren't any anywhere. What's a girl gotta do to get some honey?

Same. I play on all different maps and have not seen a single hive since Love Evolved. The only recourse is the bee cave on CI. Since I get eggs on Val it's made me take an extra trip because hives arent on Val anymore. 

Amazing that a creature can just disappear from the game for a month now and WC doesnt seem to notice or care. Well I guess they have their hands full with other disasters in the making like Gen 2.

Archived