No bee-hives anymore

CarlSupreme

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I found another hive today. Again it spawned double stacked. I could destroy the first with C4, but the queen was unfeedable from the beginning. Then she just vanished. She not flew away, she just despawned.

The C4 had no effect to the second hive, so I used the pike. The second queen immidiately despawned too before I could check if she was feedable.

46 minutes ago, charmsb said:

Anyone else not finding any more bee hives?

Checked all over on The Island and Crystal Isles. Felt like I never WOULDN'T run into a bee hive before, and now they are nowhere to be seen. Seems like this issue only started to crop up after Love Evolved started.

It cropped up after that, 2 days ago I was taming bees (at least 2 are event color so they must have spawned after the event started) and yesterday I couldnt find any hives. 

Ok gang this is what I've seen about this issue .

Patch  v310.41 - 04/22/2020 

Wild Card Broke /  Glitched  Wild Bee Hives .

This was the start of the problem . In that patch you find " Fixed a bug with certain creatures attacking through structure walls" .

That I believe was the start to the problem . I noticed that my Giga could not damage layers of hives. 

Before the patch my Giga would just bite through them all till all the hives were gone  Or a Queen would pop out . Sometimes the Queen  would be glitched under layers of of hives. I would have to carefully damage the layers till she was free.  Sometimes it would result in her death and others she'd be freed for me to do the normal taming.  

I'm not to toot my own horn to say I'm awesome or anything like that I just want to give you the numbers.  My average Queen Bee taming before this patch was about  17- 19 Queens tamed in an hour  on a PVE Official Server during a 2X weekend.  After the patch to current date those numbers have dropped to a staggering 1- 3 Queen Bees tamed an hour .   I 'd say this is due to the prevented damage factor they added. This put me out of the Queen Bee trading business.

I investigated  further to notice the hives were not taking any damage,  if they were layered by my Giga.  I tested the with other dino's and melee weapons as well . I found that some of the hives where not taking damage from my dino's yet I could still cause damage with my melee weapons in my belt .  Others took no damage from anything I tried .  I reported this bug back in April of 2020 but no follow up was done by WC Even though I provided all the information required. 

I waited almost a year to see if WC would make a patch to fix our problem .

Finally Patch  v321.14 - 01/26/2021

"Fixed a bug that caused wild beehive spawn to over spawn"

I got excited to think I could go back to bee taming again. I rushed on out to find the problem still exists . So far from what I have read from everyone here is that they have broken the Bee hives even further by the spawns not even happening  on some maps and on the island redwoods the glitched layers of hives have not been removed so we're stuck in a "catch 22". 

My hope is that we keep informing WC that the Wild Bee Hive problem has not been resolved  and further investigation is needed on their part . To also include what they finally do to fix it is an actual fix , verify their work. 

Thank you for taking the time to read this I hope we get results soon.

Keep On Surviving

On 2/9/2021 at 1:49 PM, Austria said:

No beehives on official Ragnarok too

And that is exactly the reason for my post to clear the air and get WC to see they made matters worse.

"So far from what I have read from everyone here is that they have broken the Bee hives even further by the spawns not even happening  on some maps ..."

CONFIRMED:  

I am on Official Rag, I am very knowlegable on bee hives locations and taming...I have been looking for 3 days and am reporting that there are no bee hives in the server.  I remembered, when I went Thyla claw hunting a couple of weeks ago on Official The Island,  during my hunting (was using a snowowl on infrared to root them out) I miss took many, many hives on the sides of the Redwoods as Thylas.  There were many hives.  Today, I took a ride in to find hives exclusively and there were none.  

17 minutes ago, GerBear said:

Hello I would like to report an issue in which bee hives are not spawning on the Island map. I only observed this on an official Island server but I have also heard from various people that this problem is not exclusive to the Island.

you certainly not the first to report this it has going on for a good few weeks, quite disturbing if you ask me honey is crucial in many recipes

So I believe we can agree in saying the Wild Giant Bees are broken and need direct attention to solve their issues on all maps .  Weather their not spawning at all , spawning with multiple layers that make them unbreakable , over spawning trapping the queens inside ... whatever glitches we see.

If we are beating this matter home with Wildcard through the ticket system and not getting acknowledgement that something is being done .  It should be time to continue expanding our concerns to other forms . When they do Q and A's live , we need to ask what are they doing to fix the various problems with wild bee's ?  If they open a survey to ask what players opinion of they game , remember to mention their is a big problem with the wild bees ... in every chance we can take a minute or two to voice the bees ark broken and we'd like to have them fixed. 

Maybe will get them fixed this year ... 

On 2/24/2021 at 6:32 PM, Oldster said:

And ofc there's the everlasting issue of Aberration beehive respawn, where bees weren't allowed to spawn due to Ab's flyer (and other) spawn restrictions. Hope that gets swept up in the no doubt imminent and inevitable fix. Cause I just wiped dinos on my Ab map :( Oops.

Hmm just tamed bee on abe few days ago.

Archived