No bee-hives anymore

CarlSupreme

• Volunteer Moderator
2 hours ago, Snaty7 said:

Dude i was about to believe everything you said in the first paragraph XD totally got me there.

Yikes... i hope it get fixed soon, it is very hard to use a single beehive in an entire map... Ty for answeri

Try to run a destroywilddinos. There was a recent change to the wild hive spawn (to fix over-spawning issues according to the patch notes) and I could certainly see that causing such issues until the spawners are reset.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/1/2021 at 6:26 AM, Gethsemane said:

Dear Community,

I wanted to tame a bee-queen on Ragnarok and somehow all bee-hives vanished. There always have been a lot on the three spots on the map but now I can't find any of them. This seems to be buggy somehow. There have been several hives only a few days ago we took some honey from and none of them is there anymore.

If nothing else helps, I would spawn them via admin-cheat. Does anybody know if they spawn on their normal spots then or in front of players?

I think I've found the reason. Last patch on Jan 27 they fixed a bug where beehives overspawn, so maybe that screwed the whole spawn rate over and now bees just can't because of the overspawn restrictions

41 minutes ago, populous10 said:

Any word on when (or if) Wild Card is going to fix this? You need Honey to make kibble and sweet vegetable cakes. I searched the entire Ragnarok map and there's not one beehive. Is this problem widespread? or are there just a few official servers with this issue?

EU PVE center 758 same problem with hives

On 1/31/2021 at 2:53 PM, sjskdjkfa said:

I noticed something in the recent patch notes 

• Fixed a bug that caused wild beehive spawns to over spawn

...so I would suggest to keep looking, as what you were used to may not have been the intended mechanic. Maybe they are supposed to be very hard to find?

Yeah, on the unofficial where I play, for a long time the frame rates in the Island redwoods was God-awful (LOW single digits) every time I went there. Turned out that the beehives were the problem. For each visible "hive", the game was actually rendering well over a hundred copies at the same location. Multiply that by up to four hive attachments per tree, times hundreds of trees, and the total number of beehives was actually in the tens of thousands. I was able to get an admin to look at the problem, and he used console commands to wipe all the hives. After which, my frame rates returned to normal.

Frankly, I'd rather have too few bee hives than too many. :P

• Volunteer Moderator
7 minutes ago, TargetOne said:

Yeah, on the unofficial where I play, for a long time the frame rates in the Island redwoods was God-awful (LOW single digits) every time I went there. Turned out that the beehives were the problem. For each visible "hive", the game was actually rendering well over a hundred copies at the same location. Multiply that by up to four hive attachments per tree, times hundreds of trees, and the total number of beehives was actually in the tens of thousands. I was able to get an admin to look at the problem, and he used console commands to wipe all the hives. After which, my frame rates returned to normal.

That's not what was fixed though. That issue you are describing is still reproducible with the following steps:

I can confirm that the destroywilddinos command works to fix this bug. 

Since the patch, I found one beehive, which did produce a queen, but was immediately killed by an argent. I then spent the next two days scouring my ragnarok server, and then jumped over to our abberation server on the same cluster, having just seen beehives everywhere a couple days before, but there were suddenly no beehives to be found anywhere on abberation now either. (this was before I knew about the patch messing with beehive mechanics).

Since then, I ran a destroywilddinos command and let everything respawn (which only took about 5 mins by the way, not two months as some people were saying. It will depend on your dino count multiplier as to how fast they respawn. More info on this thread: https://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/0/405692758706373967/). Since then, it took me 10 mins to find two beehives. I get the feeling if you are on official, it is less likely to matter if you are on an active server as they players doing meat runs will naturally cause things to respawn. I think the wild dino population on the server can cause it to slow spawn rates of other dinos (including beehives). When the patch went through, I think they wiped all the beehives because of the frame rate issues some people were experiencing, but due to the high wild dino populations on most servers, the beehives didn't respawn.

Anyway, hope this helps, it worked for me.

OK, today I found a hive in Genesis, but it was all a bit strange, so I think it wasn't fixed.

Before the hives vanished some days ago I had 3 times bad luck with caged Bee Queens, they got feared after the first feeding, and it's not possible to "unfear" them.

I monitored 3 positions since the hives vanished and today at one spot a hive was up. I built a cage around it and used two times C4, which had no effect (I guess it's because of the geometry at this spot).

Then I used a pike to destroy the hive, a queen came out and finaly I got her, yay.

But there was another hive under the last, with only 2k health, maybe my first two C4 charges has damaged it. I tried another C4 charge, no effect. I used the pike, another queen came out but was feared from the beginning, so I let her go.

So my 2 cents: Hives can still spawn stacked, and looks like they do this at the same time, otherwise I would have not found this double stacked hive where no hive was before.

I have yet to see a wild hive on my official island server since the stacking fix was implemented. I've always felt that the relevant hive mechanics were as follows.

(1) Whenever a new hive spawns it contains a queen
(2) The DestroyWildDinos command previously despawned only queens leaving behind empty hives
(3) A hive at a spawn point wouldn't block new hives from spawning at the same point

It seems like the patch to fix (3) may have also have included a correction regarding (2) where the command now despawns both queens AND hives. This wouldn't affect the availability of queens for taming. However, the availability of wild honey is another matter entirely. I guess the most suitable rebalance for this 'fix' would be to increase the spawn frequency of queens. That's just my wildly speculative take tho lol

I just posted this on a similar topic on steam forum.  I see alot of people having bee issue. I have a dedicated server and here is what I found:
Having same issue on the Island. It began after recent patch Jan 26. I did find that doing a DestroyWildDinos only worked if I was in the area where beehives normally spawn like the redwood forest. I walked around after issuing command and initially no beehives. But after while in the Redwoods they started to appear. I tested 4 of them and all 4 had queen bees.
The recent patch I guess fixed an issue where beehives kept accumulating and spawned on top of old beehives that would remain behind after doing a DestroyWildDinos which wiped out the Queen bees but left the hive behind. Before I had to go around and destroy a ton of beehives before I found one with a queen bee. I also noticed if you stop server and restart they disappear and to get them to come back I have to repeat the DestroyWildDinos while I'm in the redforest and wait for awhile and they start to spawn in. I have tried doing a DestroyWildDinos at my base which is NE corner of map well away from Redwood forest and I never saw one spawn in the redforest even after circling the area for about an hour. Hopefully they will fix the spawn in next update. Classic fix one thing break another.  Also another thing I noted on my tamed behives when I access their inventory to get honey I take damage even if I'm wearing full ghillie suit of armor.  Can someone else confirm if this happens to them?

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, Gatorman10 said:

Also another thing I noted on my tamed behives when I access their inventory to get honey I take damage even if I'm wearing full ghillie suit of armor.  Can someone else confirm if this happens to them?

You always take instant-damage for opening a hive. The only damage your gear protect and prevent is the "BEEEEEEEEESSSS!" status effect that swarm you of bees for 10 seconds.

Archived