No bee-hives anymore

CarlSupreme

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, CarlSupreme said:

Bees Being Demolished

So apparently, when I destroy a bee hive on extinction I no longer get any bees from the Demolishing the bee hive. Does anybody have information?

EDIT: For tame bees-

Same issue as the fish baskets. It's kinda technical, but WC messed up some dino spawning function a little while back. If you play singleplayer/ unofficial, there are some mods that correct this. 

Allows you to get the bee back: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1975178732 

Adds fixed fish baskets: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1928304448

I'm also not sure if this was originally about wild hives. But I can add that for tamed hives, we've had issues on the island official pve servers. When you demolish your tamed hive you're supposed to get one in your inventory that you can place again, but now it's just destroying them completely. And old hives (that were picked up and stored in vaults before this) when placed are destroyed. So you can't store them, or move them. Not a big deal as we just had to tame a few new hives, but kinda annoying.

Same thing last week, tamed bee just disappeared after I demolished hive. 

I tamed her on ext, set up hive, everything was great. After some time tribe member wanted a bee so I give one to him, I demolished it, cryo it, no problem. He set up hive on island. It was there few months. Last week I demolished hive but bee was nowhere to find. 

We got plenty more, just anoying. 

This has been a thing for about 2 years that i have known of, if you want the queen bee's back,stop feeding flowers let the hive decay and the queen bee remains behind hovering.Then you can cryo it and move the queen to another server. A horrible wait,but i spose if you want the bee back,then you'll have to wait for the hive to decay,hope that helps :)

4 hours ago, PandaOP said:

This has been a thing for about 2 years that i have known of, if you want the queen bee's back,stop feeding flowers let the hive decay and the queen bee remains behind hovering.Then you can cryo it and move the queen to another server. A horrible wait,but i spose if you want the bee back,then you'll have to wait for the hive to decay,hope that helps :)

That is usually the case as I have forgotten to feed my bees a few times and always logged in to find my queens just hovering where the hive was. Yet recently I forgot to feed 1 of my hives on valguero and it disappeared along with my queen. So I wouldnt bank of this method being safe to get ur bee back.

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Dear Community,

I wanted to tame a bee-queen on Ragnarok and somehow all bee-hives vanished. There always have been a lot on the three spots on the map but now I can't find any of them. This seems to be buggy somehow. There have been several hives only a few days ago we took some honey from and none of them is there anymore.

If nothing else helps, I would spawn them via admin-cheat. Does anybody know if they spawn on their normal spots then or in front of players?

40 minutes ago, sjskdjkfa said:

I noticed something in the recent patch notes 

• Fixed a bug that caused wild beehive spawns to over spawn

...so I would suggest to keep looking, as what you were used to may not have been the intended mechanic. Maybe they are supposed to be very hard to find?

Mhmm this would have been the patch of January 21 right? Would be a very strange "improvement" of the game logic. Do you have a character or server to compare...?

3 hours ago, Gethsemane said:

Mhmm this would have been the patch of January 21 right? Would be a very strange "improvement" of the game logic. Do you have a character or server to compare...?

There were hundreds of bee hives over spawning previously. And unless the beehive was a fresh spawn it was empty with no queen. The patch fixed hives spawning on top of each other and becoming empty. So any new hives now are actually inhabited by a queen.

On 2/1/2021 at 1:43 AM, Luewen said:

There were hundreds of bee hives over spawning previously. And unless the beehive was a fresh spawn it was empty with no queen. The patch fixed hives spawning on top of each other and becoming empty. So any new hives now are actually inhabited by a queen.

This is still the same problem with Wyvern-Eggs. So far I couldn't find a bee-hive after days. Really frustrating. Any similar experiences? :(

1 minute ago, Valkyrie0815 said:

not on ragnarok but on center i was looking for bees few days ago because my bees just disappeared for no reason, i found still alot of empty hives i had to destroy  so new ones with beequeen spawn, what ever that patch didt it didnt fix beehive in beehive spawn and empty ones.. 

And are new hives spawning with queens in it?

I´ve been playing in an unoficcial server with friends 1 month ago, everything was alright, we even tamed a bee queen. Yesterday we tried to tame another bee queen and noticed that the beehives we had spoted were no longer there, we thought they despawned or something... but since then we've been looking for all the map but we haven't found a single beehive, not even in the red woods. BTW we are playing in the island map. Does someone knows what could that be??

1 hour ago, Snaty7 said:

I´ve been playing in an unoficcial server with friends 1 month ago, everything was alright, we even tamed a bee queen. Yesterday we tried to tame another bee queen and noticed that the beehives we had spoted were no longer there, we thought they despawned or something... but since then we've been looking for all the map but we haven't found a single beehive, not even in the red woods. BTW we are playing in the island map. Does someone knows what could that be??

the bees must be dying from Varroa Destructor, you must get the cure as quick as you can for humans cannot live without plantlife and plant life cannot without bees. I suggest using a tek microscope to find their weakness and develop some sort of way to fend off such parasites. using med brews on the bees works well in my opinion.

And me being serious? I have no bloody clue whats happening I've seen multiple complaints about bees disappearing, I'm sure the devs of ark will get onto it soon as it is A MAJOR glitch, I think we all just have to hang in there.

Sorry about the queen mate that's so sad

Archived