Community Crunch 252: Last Week In ARK and the Community Corner

StudioWildcard

1 hour ago, Sausagedog85 said:

There will always be the sycophantic cattle who think they will gain brownie points by kissing ass..

But yeah, the servers suck.. they suck big time, we need to start getting answers on this, I'd even be up for paying a premium membership fee for access to higher performance server hardware.

The server I play on was one of the new ones that dropped with the genesis release, save lag lasts for lasts for 30 to 60 seconds every 10 or so minutes, for some reason over the last few months it has decided to save twice in a row every time.

so we get 30-60 seconds lag, unfreeze, 30 seconds later we get an addition 30-60 seconds of lag, then it unfreezes again and rolls back to the beginning of the first lag spike.. between these lag spikes we get sporadic disconnections and relentless bouts of rubber banding.

This is one of the newer servers, but it has been like this and worse since week 2 of it being online.

When this happens there is 50/50 chance you will be disconnected and login-locked, and about a 1 in 3 chance the entire server will crash and reboot, and about 10% of the time it just won't bother rebooting at all (like right now)

Our server; NA PVE TheIsland 717 is currently down again, and has been down for 8 and a half hours so far, I personally have filled out an outage form, (I have NEVER received a reply from a ticket regarding server performance issues)

For the people who want to buck pass and kiss ass,  

Yes I know how to fill in a form correctly, No I'm not on wifi, I run a fiber optic connection and gigabit ethernet via short cable from the router, I have 3900x, 2070Super, 64gb ram, and it is all watercooled, performance is not an issue, networking is not an issue.

The worst part of all this, I have never seen a single person from WC address these issues, they just ignore us and hold their hand out for more money.

The truth is that it's gotten to a state where WC doesn't have enough staff to look through all these tickets and come up with working solution. More bugs and connection issues occure than they can solve. By hiring more stuff is not really worth at this point for few reasons; 1. They say that they have enough staff but are currently focusing on releasing the next DLC. 2. The code is such a mess at this point that it would take months from new member to understand how it really works. 3. They don't really care anymore as they are already focusing more on ARK 2.

Well no news is disappointing for this week but we will get something within the next crunch I’m sure of that.  In regards to an evo event, I’m not surprised at all that we haven’t had evo events the last few weeks.  Less than a month ago we just came off almost a 3 month long stretch of constant evo events.  Evo events should be something that is appreciated, not expected.  WC has even said as much.  The less evo events IMO makes it that much more fun when we get them.  

onto the other issues, first and foremost:

We ALL know what is going to happen to Ark 1 while Ark 2 is in development and after it’s release.  Ark 1 WILL DIE.  Or if it doesn’t die there will be limited support for it and exploiters and hackers will take it over, just like every other “once was” game out there.  I’m not saying in the meantime there is no accountability on WC to keep Ark 1 the best it can be until that point, (if there is ever been such a title for this game).  

What I would like to see is the bug that gets fixed where I have to relog after transferring because 1/2-3/4s of my base is missing and my trough radius lines are on full blast (when I purposely have them selected to hide the radius lines).  Or the flyers to STOP WALKING OFF EVERYTIME I GET OFF THE SADDLE!  Maybe too they give flyer speed back to single and unofficial servers how about a capped flyer speed level option on official? And don’t tell me it can’t be done, they have the tamed dino level capped, and the wild dino level, they can do it for a stat.  I would also like to see things in the structure department.  Right angle triangles would be amazing, halfwalls(they promised them like 4 years ago), large pillars etc.

In regards to the lag and server performance, yeah it’s been pretty ugly as of late.  It wasn’t bad until the holiday season events, I swear something went screwy in the servers but I’m not a coder or a programmer, so I couldn’t gander a guess as to what.  

I can only hope that WC, doesn’t let Ark 1 die in a slow and agonizing way, but I just have this feeling that agonizing, slow and painful is how it’s going to go down.

48 minutes ago, ccz2887 said:

Well no news is disappointing for this week but we will get something within the next crunch I’m sure of that.  In regards to an evo event, I’m not surprised at all that we haven’t had evo events the last few weeks.  Less than a month ago we just came off almost a 3 month long stretch of constant evo events.  Evo events should be something that is appreciated, not expected.  WC has even said as much.  The less evo events IMO makes it that much more fun when we get them.  

onto the other issues, first and foremost:

We ALL know what is going to happen to Ark 1 while Ark 2 is in development and after it’s release.  Ark 1 WILL DIE.  Or if it doesn’t die there will be limited support for it and exploiters and hackers will take it over, just like every other “once was” game out there.  I’m not saying in the meantime there is no accountability on WC to keep Ark 1 the best it can be until that point, (if there is ever been such a title for this game).  

What I would like to see is the bug that gets fixed where I have to relog after transferring because 1/2-3/4s of my base is missing and my trough radius lines are on full blast (when I purposely have them selected to hide the radius lines).  Or the flyers to STOP WALKING OFF EVERYTIME I GET OFF THE SADDLE!  Maybe too they give flyer speed back to single and unofficial servers how about a capped flyer speed level option on official? And don’t tell me it can’t be done, they have the tamed dino level capped, and the wild dino level, they can do it for a stat.  I would also like to see things in the structure department.  Right angle triangles would be amazing, halfwalls(they promised them like 4 years ago), large pillars etc.

In regards to the lag and server performance, yeah it’s been pretty ugly as of late.  It wasn’t bad until the holiday season events, I swear something went screwy in the servers but I’m not a coder or a programmer, so I couldn’t gander a guess as to what.  

I can only hope that WC, doesn’t let Ark 1 die in a slow and agonizing way, but I just have this feeling that agonizing, slow and painful is how it’s going to go down.

Its already agonizing 😂😂

They should just make the x2 breeding permenant like they did the harvesting. I know people will complain either way but it turns argys from a 5 hour baby stage into 2 and a half hours which is much more manageable for people with jobs that usually work weekends and can't stay on for 5 hours or 7 for spinos etc.

13 hours ago, Sausagedog85 said:

There will always be the sycophantic cattle who think they will gain brownie points by kissing ass..

But yeah, the servers suck.. they suck big time, we need to start getting answers on this, I'd even be up for paying a premium membership fee for access to higher performance server hardware.

The server I play on was one of the new ones that dropped with the genesis release, save lag lasts for lasts for 30 to 60 seconds every 10 or so minutes, for some reason over the last few months it has decided to save twice in a row every time.

so we get 30-60 seconds lag, unfreeze, 30 seconds later we get an addition 30-60 seconds of lag, then it unfreezes again and rolls back to the beginning of the first lag spike.. between these lag spikes we get sporadic disconnections and relentless bouts of rubber banding.

This is one of the newer servers, but it has been like this and worse since week 2 of it being online.

When this happens there is 50/50 chance you will be disconnected and login-locked, and about a 1 in 3 chance the entire server will crash and reboot, and about 10% of the time it just won't bother rebooting at all (like right now)

Our server; NA PVE TheIsland 717 is currently down again, and has been down for 8 and a half hours so far, I personally have filled out an outage form, (I have NEVER received a reply from a ticket regarding server performance issues)

For the people who want to buck pass and kiss ass,  

Yes I know how to fill in a form correctly, No I'm not on wifi, I run a fiber optic connection and gigabit ethernet via short cable from the router, I have 3900x, 2070Super, 64gb ram, and it is all watercooled, performance is not an issue, networking is not an issue.

The worst part of all this, I have never seen a single person from WC address these issues, they just ignore us and hold their hand out for more money.

So true... we have lost lot of costly work and structures in our base because of this disconnections/rollbacks.... did a ticket also, they just answer that they will notify the devs... very frustrating and no options

In all seriousness, I like ark how it is, a broken game, it makes it better imo. having the ability to make things that dies in water fly is the best glitch in the game as of yet (wildcard please don't fix it), the lag is alright it makes fights better, you both cant see where you are going and one comes out the victor. crashing is even better then lag cause you could be in the middle of base defence and you and your opponents lag out and its like a race to see you can get back on fastest. the entire game is as good as it has ever been. the only annoying part of the game is the community, you'll be having a nice time looking at the community crunches and all you'll see is something about the evo event or complaining about the game, toxic players also are apart of this. 

On the Ark 2 note, I think the reason their making it is to fix the bugs that the current game has in a new refined piece with an upgraded engine and newer tactics. so I don't know why people are complaining. no matter what wildcard puts out, I'm going to be happy with it either way, if it crashes, bugs out, dies, wont run, has unbalanced tools and weapons, or nobody plays it. Wildcard is the epitome of "Fail and try again till it works' which I believe is a good attitude rather than spending 4 years figuring out something then trying it or failing and then giving up. SO keep going wildcard I believe in the better future.

If you guys are so desperate to have 2x or whatever, go into settings and change the stats. And don't get mad at WC for not adding an Evo event because they are working on LOVE Evolved(probably), Genesis part 2 and ARK 2. They got enough stuff on they plate and its cool to see them be able to do this; so just go to settings and change the stats so you don't have to complain about it.

• Facepalm 1

20 minutes ago, KingofFire105 said:

If you guys are so desperate to have 2x or whatever, go into settings and change the stats. And don't get mad at WC for not adding an Evo event because they are working on LOVE Evolved(probably), Genesis part 2 and ARK 2. They got enough stuff on they plate and its cool to see them be able to do this; so just go to settings and change the stats so you don't have to complain about it.

This man knows whats good

• Facepalm 1

The only thing I desperately ask for with ark 2, if it's even possible. Please allow me to somehow transfer my dinos over to ark 2. I've had some of the same ones for 3 or 4 years. I tamed a yuty I named Dionysus on the center back in 2017 and still have him today. A few months ago I bred him for the first time to have a son, Apollo. I'm very attached to both of them and would love to take them with me.