Community Crunch 252: Last Week In ARK and the Community Corner

StudioWildcard

Last Week In ARK

Welcome to another edition of the Community Crunch!

In Last Week In Ark, we've seen some changes in the Players Killed By Weapon Type.  While things remained the same on XBOX, we saw slight changes in both XBOX and PC in the weapons players chose to use compared to last week. 

Kills By Wild Dino Type shows us the same creatures but overall deaths by these four creatures have reduced by 14.9% when compared to last week.  We'll keep looking for more interesting stats to share with you!

Last Week In ARK.jpg

EVO Event

Ark_Evolution_Event_minimized.thumb.png.2d282a169df9bbbd0ba09a90303a7cec.png

There will be no EVO event this week

Community Corner

In light of all the amazing content being shared by the ARK community, we'll be expanding the Fan Art section and renaming it  'Community Corner' to include more than fan art.  You can expect to find a variety of community content that is being shared across social platforms (Twitch, Discord, Twitter, Youtube, Reddit, Facebook).

Clips/Videos

How to Build a Large House/New Roof Building Design - The Pilgrimz

The Pilgrimz demonstrates how to build with a new roof design in his latest video.

How to Build a Modern House - Aaron Longstaff

Aaron Longstaff designs a modern house and takes you along for the ride.

Star Wars Astromech Droid Speed Build - Sypher Sam

Pulling off a Star Wars build is no easy feat, but Sypher Sam does it with ease in this video.

Fan Art

ARK Rock Drake - Sonne-Spiritwind

ark_rock_drake_by_sonne_spiritwind_ded677h-fullview.jpg

Strawberry - algiz0

strawberry_by_algiz0_decx4g8-fullview.jpg

Reaper Queen A3 - sevvydeb

reaper_queen_a3_by_sevvydeb_ded1m7f-fullview.jpg

WIP (Discord) - niceguysrage#2040

Desktop_29-01-2021_12-26-14_PM-59.png

In-Game Screenshots

Roxy#2612 (Discord)

2021-01-28_3.jpg

Khal Alastor -Dusk-#8673 (Discord)

20210129_180906.jpg

Project Fjördur - Nekatus

Es1r0syXMAI6hqx.jpg

Enjoy your weekend survivors!
Studio Wildcard

Twitter: twitter.com/survivetheark
Discord: discord.com/invite/playark
Reddit: reddit.com/r/playark
Instagram: instagram.com/survivetheark
Twitch: twitch.tv/survivetheark
Steam: steamcommunity.com/app/346110
Youtube: youtube.com/survivetheark
Facebook: facebook.com/survivetheark

View full article

1 minute ago, XxxGodzxxX said:

No time to pay attention to this ark , they have to rush gen 2 out and hack together ark 2. This game is already being forgotten sadly .

Same thing goes for ARK 2 no point, the stupid lag that's been going on for years and years is not going to magically fix itself in ARK 2, it will be the same old bugs all over again, sadly a lot of ppl i already know have said when ARK 2 comes out they are done with WC. They don't want another round of the same old crap all over again

• Like 4
  • Facepalm 1

I sere a lot of people complaining in here about lag and no evo event, like bro, im only in it for the game breaking bugs, it makes the game better, it adds a bit of action imo. I dont care if there is an evo event or not, it just means a little extra farming and waiting on breeding and taming, if you cant handle the vanilla game on vanilla settings, then go to an unoffical server noobs.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

• Volunteer Moderator
5 hours ago, unklejonboy said:

And no mention of a Love Evolved , dont need an evo until then really but pumping people up for content thats 2 months away, 2 yrs away (probably with Ark 2 given history of releases and pandemic stuff) maybe drop a little nugget for something 2 weeks away?

I suspect Love Evolved news will come next week.

• Facepalm 1

7 hours ago, Merick said:

Server performance is getting steadily worse.  Kicks and disconnects are commonplace at this point.  No real news of any kind, no evo event (also becoming commonplace), what exactly is going on with the game other than rushing the new products out?

Watch out now, there are some here who disagree with 90% of the players who have the same issues. 

They want to know your specs, try to cover all up by saying it's just a tad laggy and hardly serveroutages. Then there will be a few who practicly live here and send the serveroutage link. Wich we keep on filling in with hopes and dreams.

In the end, they not going to fix them. We adrressed numerous tickets, none action has been taken. 

We still live on stone age servers. They are nog going to fix/improve them, nor give a few reasons why this keep on happening. Around 110 tickets we send in as a tribe (in the past 15 months), we got none feedback. We stopped counting. Gen2 is coming, ARK2 (rofl) so we just get pushed on and on. Raise all dinos x10, thats the only way some losses can get covered.

WildCard isnt covering any losses whatsoever.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NuFu said:

Watch out now, there are some here who disagree with 90% of the players who have the same issues. 

They want to know your specs, try to cover all up by saying it's just a tad laggy and hardly serveroutages. Then there will be a few who practicly live here and send the serveroutage link. Wich we keep on filling in with hopes and dreams.

In the end, they not going to fix them. We adrressed numerous tickets, none action has been taken. 

We still live on stone age servers. They are nog going to fix/improve them, nor give a few reasons why this keep on happening. Around 110 tickets we send in as a tribe (in the past 15 months), we got none feedback. We stopped counting. Gen2 is coming, ARK2 (rofl) so we just get pushed on and on. Raise all dinos x10, thats the only way some losses can get covered.

WildCard isnt covering any losses whatsoever.

There will always be the sycophantic cattle who think they will gain brownie points by kissing ass..

But yeah, the servers suck.. they suck big time, we need to start getting answers on this, I'd even be up for paying a premium membership fee for access to higher performance server hardware.

The server I play on was one of the new ones that dropped with the genesis release, save lag lasts for lasts for 30 to 60 seconds every 10 or so minutes, for some reason over the last few months it has decided to save twice in a row every time.

so we get 30-60 seconds lag, unfreeze, 30 seconds later we get an addition 30-60 seconds of lag, then it unfreezes again and rolls back to the beginning of the first lag spike.. between these lag spikes we get sporadic disconnections and relentless bouts of rubber banding.

This is one of the newer servers, but it has been like this and worse since week 2 of it being online.

When this happens there is 50/50 chance you will be disconnected and login-locked, and about a 1 in 3 chance the entire server will crash and reboot, and about 10% of the time it just won't bother rebooting at all (like right now)

Our server; NA PVE TheIsland 717 is currently down again, and has been down for 8 and a half hours so far, I personally have filled out an outage form, (I have NEVER received a reply from a ticket regarding server performance issues)

For the people who want to buck pass and kiss ass,  

Yes I know how to fill in a form correctly, No I'm not on wifi, I run a fiber optic connection and gigabit ethernet via short cable from the router, I have 3900x, 2070Super, 64gb ram, and it is all watercooled, performance is not an issue, networking is not an issue.

The worst part of all this, I have never seen a single person from WC address these issues, they just ignore us and hold their hand out for more money.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1