Official pvp servers seem dead

GalvanizedHero

1 hour ago, GrumpyBear said:

They should just end pvp official.  It’s a waste of resources. 

I'm not sure why it's so boring/empty on pc. Probably the rat holes and easy transfers. On mobile there are no hiding spots, everybody has to build out in the open and everyone is more friendly and active.

5 minutes ago, GalvanizedHero said:

I'm not sure why it's so boring/empty on pc. Probably the rat holes and easy transfers. On mobile there are no hiding spots, everybody has to build out in the open and everyone is more friendly and active.

It's boring and empty because people use hacks to spot every other player and tame location on the server , aim bot, wall hack.... there's no point.  It's a cheat or be cheated experience, and no one wants to play like that.  It's pointless.

Just the hint of that being a possibility erases player desire to find out how fun it could be.  WC should be using lawyers and researchers to spot all the sites offering up cheats and sue them all into oblivion.   If you can't code it, then litigate it.   Do nothing, it just dies.

1 hour ago, Cowgirl said:

From what I have seen here in the forums building in rat holes often ends in your tribe getting wiped by the admins.

Most rat hole are ok, they are just 'small' areas that a usually well hidden. The problem is when you build in mesh spots or clearly exploited areas (having to use special methods to enter or which gives unfair advantage). Rat holes are pretty much a way of life of solo/small players.

Mega tribes don't generally allow using global chat, anyone who's hiding doesn't want to risk talking in global and letting people know they're out there. 123 steam names with Human as the character name makes it more difficult to track through servers.

More ratholes aren't something you should get your hopes up for since they'll just get patched and ban anyone who's built in them.

1 hour ago, Yggdrassil said:

Most rat hole are ok, they are just 'small' areas that a usually well hidden. The problem is when you build in mesh spots or clearly exploited areas (having to use special methods to enter or which gives unfair advantage). Rat holes are pretty much a way of life of solo/small players.

Ah ok, every case I have seen was a case of a "rat hole" being a place you have to get into by some trick, it wasnt just like a spot under a tree where people could fortify well, or a corner between two cliffs, so it WAS meshing so I thought that was what they are.

On 1/29/2021 at 1:59 PM, GalvanizedHero said:

Even with 25+ people online you can go all day without seeing a single message or anybody log on who isn't named human or 123. It's the worst on genesis and ext where there are only 1 rathole for 1 tribe. I hope the next map has more rat holes so more tribes can occupy a server.

Many issues. Rampant unchecked exploiting/cheating on a mass scale, Literally no enforcement of any kind & you are expected to provide the equivalent of crime scene DNA, just for an automated email response and continuation of cheating. Server quality on official is extremely poor and unstable as well.

Many things added to the game that completely broke the game(things no one wanted), even to this day. IE: Manas, Titans, Skiffs among others. A quick example is how insanely popular MTS servers are because they disabled Titans and changed many broken pvp items/added cd to manas breath ect. Add into the mix of the game still experiencing unexplainable crashes and horrendous fps/optimization.

TLDR: No enforcement on cheating at all. Wildcard doesn't listen to the community.

On 1/29/2021 at 4:37 PM, GrumpyBear said:

It's boring and empty because people use hacks to spot every other player and tame location on the server , aim bot, wall hack.... there's no point.  It's a cheat or be cheated experience, and no one wants to play like that.  It's pointless.

Just the hint of that being a possibility erases player desire to find out how fun it could be.  WC should be using lawyers and researchers to spot all the sites offering up cheats and sue them all into oblivion.   If you can't code it, then litigate it.   Do nothing, it just dies.

Very true.  This game on official pvp is filled with exploiters, esp users, and botters everywhere you go.  They know they won't be caught and will get away with it, and even if they do get caught they just buy another account.  Not to mention duping is still a thing as well of course.  

Official pvp is not at all a fair experience.  On top of that the current meta is just boring as hell imo.  The game likely needs some serious end game breeding balance adjustments to keep things a bit sane.

If you're reading this WC you're BattleEye detection isn't helping you much as people largely know how to bypass it.

1 hour ago, Usuallyafk said:

Many things added to the game that completely broke the game(things no one wanted), even to this day. IE: Manas, Titans, Skiffs among others.

The easiest way to kill pvp is to remove any trace of balance and Ark is a masterclass on how to consistently destroy any semblance balanced design. There's a reason why the only thing that matters is the number of hours you can spend online, you don't need skill when you can spend a week letting scripts raise dozens of gigas for you.

Official: cheats/exploits, toxicity, non-existant game support, laggy, OP stuff (managarmr, titan)

Unofficial: cheaters get banned, community in general is much friendlier and less toxic, less lag, lots of fixes to OP stuff (some have disabled titans and put a cooldown on mana breath). They usually have some sort of offline protection (90% of raiding is done while you are offline because it is so easy).

So why waste your time on official? I have crashed twice during map transfer, resulting in loss of my character (and dinis as I am solo). Both times, response time to my ticket was 1+ month. Switched to unofficial and never looked back. Maybe you should too?

8 hours ago, JJacky said:

Official: cheats/exploits, toxicity, non-existant game support, laggy, OP stuff (managarmr, titan)

Unofficial: cheaters get banned, community in general is much friendlier and less toxic, less lag, lots of fixes to OP stuff (some have disabled titans and put a cooldown on mana breath). They usually have some sort of offline protection (90% of raiding is done while you are offline because it is so easy).

So why waste your time on official? I have crashed twice during map transfer, resulting in loss of my character (and dinis as I am solo). Both times, response time to my ticket was 1+ month. Switched to unofficial and never looked back. Maybe you should too?

Because most unofficials are dead have been forgotten by their admins and crash a lot due to unstable mods. 

But for the ones that have an active community and admins that are there and picked mods wisely they are far better than officials

On 1/31/2021 at 11:55 AM, carbonark said:

The easiest way to kill pvp is to remove any trace of balance and Ark is a masterclass on how to consistently destroy any semblance balanced design. There's a reason why the only thing that matters is the number of hours you can spend online, you don't need skill when you can spend a week letting scripts raise dozens of gigas for you.

Unofficial is just a popularity contest. Every unofficial conan or ark server I've played on has had admins who play favorites. Every person who I've seen recommending them swears that isn't the case. It might sound strange but Ark pvp wouldn't be the same without toxic jerks you can't do anything about. I don't want to log in to a server full of friendly people. 

25 minutes ago, GalvanizedHero said:

Unofficial is just a popularity contest. Every unofficial conan or ark server I've played on has had admins who play favorites. Every person who I've seen recommending them swears that isn't the case. It might sound strange but Ark pvp wouldn't be the same without toxic jerks you can't do anything about. I don't want to log in to a server full of friendly people. 

You're right, if they cleared out the toxic jerks ark would be different, it'd be way better. I don't know where unofficials comes into play with what I said since I have no idea what goes on there, but balancing the game =/= making it more friendly. It just means you can actually have real pvp against people, not just get rolled over by some moron in a megatribe who'll just toss out some maxed out pocket tame when he starts losing.

On 2/2/2021 at 9:15 PM, carbonark said:

You're right, if they cleared out the toxic jerks ark would be different, it'd be way better. I don't know where unofficials comes into play with what I said since I have no idea what goes on there, but balancing the game =/= making it more friendly. It just means you can actually have real pvp against people, not just get rolled over by some moron in a megatribe who'll just toss out some maxed out pocket tame when he starts losing.

Show me 1 pvp game where you can't get rolled over by some "moron"

1 hour ago, GalvanizedHero said:

Show me 1 pvp game where you can't get rolled over by some "moron"

Plenty of games manage to balance their design and give a more competitive playing field. It's not that you can't be beaten, that would be an entirely different balance issue. But it means that better gear isn't the sole deciding factor in every fight as it is 99% of the time in Ark.

Rust is a decidedly unfriendly game, but it still manages to give fresh spawns/early game players a chance to make a play against much better geared enemies. There you can take on players with higher tier gear, while still at prim tiers yourself if you have the skills or planning to fight them. It works because you don't have the insane power scaling that you see in ark with weapons/armor/saddles/breeding/etc.

Archived