out of sync lag thing ?

Xxtheclashxx

yeah i know the title doesnt make sense. i have this weird thing going on and ive already verified my files. 

So heres an example: 

ill be going to crypod a dino, and i cant do it. i have to log back in, come to find out i was never anywhere near said dino. its goes beyond the normal lag and rubber banding. its like i lose sync with the server or something. only logging out and back in fixes it. ive been dealing with this issue for like a week now. 

one time i actually died  inside my building because i SOMEHOW left my base and SOMEHOW walked all the way to the water, even though i never left my building. its a massive problem. when i logged back in, my body was at the bottom of a river. i never even opened a door to walk outside.

i also want to add that i am glitching\falling through my dinos on dismount. 

is anyone else having this happen to them? the game has quickly gotten nearly unplayable because this is happening. does the dev team know this is happening ? theres been one patch since this has been going on but it didnt fix this problem. 

im not even leaving my base anymore in fear of losing my character in some precarious way due to no fault of my own. i have to relog every 5 to 15 minutes. 

I've had a few similar situations to what you are describing.

I did a few tests on my side, and when this happens it can usually be mapped to intermittent bad connection between my ISP and Wildcard's servers, even thou my internet connection works fine with everything else ( seem to be a peering issue somewhere ).

Seems that the game network code isn't robust enough to deal with network hick-ups like this, and leaves the player in this sort of "limbo" situation.

Last time this happened to me I was on a wyvern trench. Suddenly my wyvern was taking damage for no reason, it kept taking damage even with no enemies in sight even after leaving the trench. I landed the wyvern on the desert and logged off and on to find myself and my wyvern inside the lava of the lava trench, almost dead.

I also had a similar situation where me and my dolphin got killed by a invisible alpha megalodon.

48 minutes ago, Xxtheclashxx said:

i have gigabit internet so i know its not a speed problem anyway. i have a router capable of handling gig speeds as well. 

It doesn't matter your speed. The issue I'm talking about is between your ISP and the ISP that Wildcard uses ( assuming it's the same problem I sometimes encounter ).

You (Gigabit) -> Your ISP -> (problems here) -> Wildcard ISP -> Wildcard Servers

On 1/29/2021 at 11:15 AM, Xxtheclashxx said:

right, i get it. just stating it so i know its not speed. im ccent certified. 

So is this in PC, console, Official, Unofficial, personal dedicated... or what?

If it's on a server with other people, are others having this issue or just you? That would certainly help narrow down where the problem is happening. Since you're ccent certified you know that basic troubleshooting would start with figuring out whether the problem is unique to you or includes other people. If it's multiple people then it's probably something on the server side (either the host or the network/isp supporting the host) but if it's just you then it's something on your side.

Based on the symptoms you described my first suspect with behavior like this is packet loss, bandwidth/speed means absolutely nothing when someone is experiencing packet loss. If it turns out that it's only you, then the first step I would take it open a trouble ticket with my ISP stating that you're having "intermittent packet loss". Depending on the quality of your ISP they'll either have enough logging history that they'll be able to say something like, "Oh yeah, I see that you're having issues a few times a day" or if they're not that good they'll do a live, real-time look and try to tell you that they don't see anything wrong at which point you'll have to remind them that it's intermittent, and therefore unpredictable, and push them to schedule a tech visit.

People significantly underestimate both the affects/impact of packet loss and the range of possible causes. It could be something as simple as an old connector on the end of a coax cable that's become oxidized over time, or something upstream from you that's aging/going bad, or literally any piece/wire/NIC/plug/router/component of your connection out to the internet. When you're experiencing intermittent packet loss you can pretty much bet that the only solution will be to have an ISP tech come out and troubleshoot the components of the setup on your end to see if they can find a component that's gone bad.

Archived