WILDCARD PLEASE PAY ATTENTION, AND YOU TOO SURVIVORS

thedrongoofark

ok guys I made a mistake in accusing the ark devs for such glitches, and appreciate the responses. I clearly did not know what I was doing in this rant, so thank you guys for knocking some sense into me. for any people who are seeing this, basically I said that ark was losing popularity due to the glitches and proposed some silly solutions, and then everyone else was like NO YOU IDIOT YOU GOT IT TOTALLY WRONG, GOD which is fair. please accept my apology.

• Volunteer Moderator
3 hours ago, thedrongoofark said:

- ok obviously you guys in wildcard are not going to do this but how about delay ARK 2 a year so that you can dedicate 2022 all to bug fixing. I believe that amount of time would be great to help us as you can solve major glitches and then you can move on to what will seem like an awesome idea of a game (ARK 2) because the devs are so trustworthy!!!

You definitely don't speak on behalf of the community for this one. I don't want Ark 2 purposely delayed, it should only be delayed if it needs more time. I'm looking forward to spending the time between March-ish and Ark 2 playing Genesis 2. However, after playing Ark for 6+ years by the time i've enjoyed Gen 2 i'll be ready to move onto Ark 2 because i've exhausted Ark 1.

If they haven't fixed some of the major bugs that have been in the game since 2015 that is most likely because they can't fix it on the heavily modded engine they built it on.

-this is probably one of my lesser ideas, but maybe you could do a fundraiser where it's like for a specific cause, and $50 or smth equals one large bug fix. that way you guys get EXTRA money for doing something you should've already been doing, but the community like you after it too.

They already do a massive ExtraLife fundraiser every year in November where all proceeds go to charity. As I mentioned about the large bugs in the game that have been around for years are likely not possible to be fixed at this late stage and therefore $50 isn't going to achieve anything because it is not money that is the problem.

-  this might be a bit of a long shot because you guys own the best game, but maybe give ark to another company or something for a year or two so they can make it a better game? I don't much about partnerships but maybe some other game companies can step in to your aid.

No way, the Dev team are part of what makes Ark 'ARK'. And you seem to assume that giving Ark to another company will automatically make it better without even knowing what company?

- ok this is the last and so far my favourite solution, as it will probably please you guys in WILDCARD and the community, how about you guys hire like a non profit organisation of ark players to solve the glitches for you!!! like how cool would that be, ark players who want their game fixed and are willing to do it get to IMPROVE ON THE GAME for maybe a little money or maybe not, while you guys can have fun working on ark 2!!! I mean surely there's got to be people out there who can help you guys. like think of all those people who made the community mods. they're INSANE programmers for ark as they literally add on to it, so who says they won't be able to help fix the base game? I hope you choose this one because it'd be really cool to see unfold.

Modders do in fact seem to fix a lot of the smaller issues with the game absolutely, and although this is down to the highly skilled individuals that develop the mods, they are also focused on specific areas and not focusing on the entire game, so with more specific focus can generally achieve more. But I think it would be a massive project with a lot of issues and NDA's and tbh I think it's too late for such an idea.

2 hours ago, GP said:

You definitely don't speak on behalf of the community for this one. I don't want Ark 2 purposely delayed, it should only be delayed if it needs more time. I'm looking forward to spending the time between March-ish and Ark 2 playing Genesis 2. However, after playing Ark for 6+ years by the time i've enjoyed Gen 2 i'll be ready to move onto Ark 2 because i've exhausted Ark 1.

If they haven't fixed some of the major bugs that have been in the game since 2015 that is most likely because they can't fix it on the heavily modded engine they built it on.

They already do a massive ExtraLife fundraiser every year in November where all proceeds go to charity. As I mentioned about the large bugs in the game that have been around for years are likely not possible to be fixed at this late stage and therefore $50 isn't going to achieve anything because it is not money that is the problem.

No way, the Dev team are part of what makes Ark 'ARK'. And you seem to assume that giving Ark to another company will automatically make it better without even knowing what company?

Modders do in fact seem to fix a lot of the smaller issues with the game absolutely, and although this is down to the highly skilled individuals that develop the mods, they are also focused on specific areas and not focusing on the entire game, so with more specific focus can generally achieve more. But I think it would be a massive project with a lot of issues and NDA's and tbh I think it's too late for such an idea.

well. ok.  nevermind, hope for fixing the bugs is lost. I know this seems sarcastic but seriously thanks for the response it brought a bit of realism to my view.

4 hours ago, GP said:

Are you the whole community? Just because you don't want it delayed doesn't mean others might want it to be and there are new players too not everybody has had it since early access! If they can't fix bugs from "2015" then they should tell us instead of keep bringing new stuff out that they want us to pay for! All I'm saying is if ark 2 comes out with same bugs I hope WC get the cyberpunk 2077 treatment coz it's not acceptable to have constant bugs n problems for years in ark 1 especially if I paid for it! 

The sentiments of the original post are sound, but all the effectiveness of it is destroyed by pretending to know things you could not possibly know (unless you had closer ties to the dev team) and speaking for the community when it is not your place to do so.

If you clean up the language maybe your post will get some attention: it might be best to avoid presuming what anyone other than yourself is thinking or planning, and if you do make an assumption, it can be helpful to state it as so  and not state it as "CERTAIN". 

But I agree on some things: Ark has the potential to be a great game, but has lingering game-breaking bugs like losing characters, frustrating issues with game balance and cheaters, and (rather recently) terrible server stability for which the communication from the Ark team has been surprisingly sparse.

As much as I hate the bugs in this game (especially the fact that you can just lose you character, I mean DILO), I do not think that passionate forum posts will have any effect on the development process of Ark 2 whatsoever. Lets face it: tons of people play, and pay for the dlcs, and will pay for Ark 2 no matter what - because this game is really addictive & offers something that apparently no other game can provide. And the signal that is sent to the company is clear: the money keeps coming in - obviously, fixing bugs does not have to be a priority.

And some players even make excuses for the bugs, and actually start blaming the other players when they legitimately complain: "Why did you do XY in ark, when you know there's a bug? You should know better. You are at fault. You just have to be creative and work around the known bugs. It's a challenge!" (I've heard/read some variation of this a couple of times already.)

Personally, yeah, I'd rather they delay the release of the game for a while and deliver a mostly bug free experience. However, as a PVE player myself, I think if Ark 2 is too buggy and unstable, many PVE players will simply not pick it up straight away. I mean, why give up your base and everything you've collected & accomplished in the original game, and migrate to a new game that is buggy and (initially) has less overall content? (Excluding those PVE players that have done absolutely all content the original game has to offer, and are bored.)

• Volunteer Moderator
2 hours ago, Sikkle1 said:

Are you the whole community? Just because you don't want it delayed doesn't mean others might want it to be and there are new players too not everybody has had it since early access! If they can't fix bugs from "2015" then they should tell us instead of keep bringing new stuff out that they want us to pay for! All I'm saying is if ark 2 comes out with same bugs I hope WC get the cyberpunk 2077 treatment coz it's not acceptable to have constant bugs n problems for years in ark 1 especially if I paid for it! 

Ark 1 isn't going to change. The sooner people accept that the better. The game is what it is and has been that way since 2015.

• Volunteer Moderator
2 hours ago, Sikkle1 said:

Are you the whole community? Just because you don't want it delayed doesn't mean others might want it to be

I never said I was speaking on behalf of the community. I said what I personally feel about Ark 2 being delayed, and therefore pointing out the OP does not speak on behalf of the community, as no-one should..

ok people calm down my misspoken and misplaced ideas are clearly just brewing up trouble. I'm sorry guys, I didn't understand how it really works. I guess I just got caught up in the flow of anger about bugs. I get now that A it isn't the devs fault and B we'll just have to live with these bugs as they are not removable. thanks for the feedback I guess, a bit over my own head right there sorry.

6 minutes ago, thedrongoofark said:

ok people calm down my misspoken and misplaced ideas are clearly just brewing up trouble. I'm sorry guys, I didn't understand how it really works. I guess I just got caught up in the flow of anger about bugs. I get now that A it isn't the devs fault and B we'll just have to live with these bugs as they are not removable. thanks for the feedback I guess, a bit over my own head right there sorry.

I mean all that said it doesn't mean I am not frustrated about bugs, its just I'm not frustrated at ark devs about the bugs, the frustration is about the bugs alone now.

• Volunteer Moderator
40 minutes ago, thedrongoofark said:

ooh and on another irrelevant topic, how do you guys become volunteer moderators? what does it mean to be one?

Potential moderators are invited by WildCard staff. There is no application process.

We enforce community guidelines and help out where we can.

21 hours ago, thedrongoofark said:

ok guys I made a mistake in accusing the ark devs for such glitches, and appreciate the responses. I clearly did not know what I was doing in this rant, so thank you guys for knocking some sense into me. for any people who are seeing this, basically I said that ark was losing popularity due to the glitches and proposed some silly solutions, and then everyone else was like NO YOU IDIOT YOU GOT IT TOTALLY WRONG, GOD which is fair. please accept my apology.

we all make mistakes man.....Hopefully with ark 2, the popularity will come back and the bugs will not deter.

On 1/27/2021 at 11:07 PM, thedrongoofark said:

It is totally understandable: I believe many of us have invested money and a lot of time with Ark because we see how much potential there is for a great game.  Then we have our hearts crushed by terrible follow-through.  Kind of like Disney Star Wars movies.

Archived