New Creature Ideas!

Kyler101

Suggestion

Yet some more creature ideas in the forums

I'm going to get straight to it and write a list of my ideas, list your ideas too! I'll enjoy reading them

A prehistoric squirrel that's rideable- can climb trees, can gather seeds, mid to late game, can jump, can bury gear for a set amount of time(like squirrels bury nuts), available on island and other free dlc's  

TLC for sabertooth ( I mean c'mon, everyone knows about them, we expected more)-  size of thylacoleo, pounce attack on small creatures and can pounce on creatures like deinonychus( cuz those deadly fangs XD), a crouching movement style, health, stam, base dmg buff yeah that's it

Tlc for quetz - gliding ( no dive bombing) 

Dragon- keep in mind they are supposed to be giga class or maybe higher than gigas,can run, are as rare as gigas and can take on gigas, as powerful too if not more powerful (if anyone knows the book series wings of fire lmk.)- idk which maps should be for . sand sky/fire, Ice, night, jungle, also 1.25 x faster than pteranodon ,no saddle but breedable 

Sky/fire-can breath fire obv, can glide and run, health speed stam melee buff compared to wyvern (all of the variants), faster than all other variants, can dive, immune to lava and fire 

ice ( referenced to wings of fire)- deadly spike tail, can shoot spines from tail, 40% buff in tundra areas to all stats, can grab humans and creatures size of turtle and smaller with the tail, dive, ice breath that freezes for like 10-30 seconds after you stop using the attack depending on melee,  immune to freezing and keeps rider safe from cold and hot

night- can go invisible at night in shadows and caves too , getts 45% buff to all stats at night but no debuff at day like the mega, dive, night vision, an aoe attack (exclusive to night time) like the yuty where all dinos do 25% less dmg, not detectable by parasaur at night or in dark places like caves

jungle/forest dragon(similar to rainwing) - smaller than other dragons, size of megatherium ,can camouflage to anything, can climb on all surfaces and fly, get 40% buff when raining, can hang on branches, cliffs, and anything that has an edge with prehensile tail, can grab anything wolf size and smaller with tail, faster when gliding, but can do maneuvers such as c spin dive dodge/roll, can perch and camouflage while you get offline no parasaur detection while camouflaged, can swim the speed of a megalodon, uses wings to maneuver in water, eats fruit( which they should add) spits venom that slows you and does up to 500 dmg on contact depending on melee 

sand dragon- protects u from heat on SE, scorpion tail that does 350 torpor per hit, can sink in sand and blend in with it, fast on land, venomous bite that paralyzes enemies for up to 30 sec. depending on melee

That's it for the might mystical dragons : )  

TLC megatherium- can stand while u ride, can grab players and small dinos with hands

TLC direwolf- let us pet our wolves :D

parasaur- allow quadrupedal for faster speed so the beach bobs can run away , pack buff since travel n herds, stamina and health buff since they were travelers, and let their crest make some noise!

TLC to dire bear- allow to climb over objects and trees and cliffs

Fruit trees and plants- i know it not a creature but it would be to tame tropical animals in the list

Paracer tlc- can use long neck to reach fruit on trees 

Sarco- 25% reduced bullet damage

mana- maybe a little more range and for us pvper XD 

mammoth- allowing pick small creatures and humans

Spino- make equal to rex w/out water buff, and im only judging from the jurassic movie 

Sphinx -   what if on scorched earth you could tame a sphinx by solving a riddle

hippogriff- eagle head, horse body and tail, fast on land and sky

dodo- every animal shall run away at the sight of this sheer terrifying creature 

3 replies to this server topic

Just now, Kyler101 said:

Yet some more creature ideas in the forums

I'm going to get straight to it and write a list of my ideas, list your ideas too! I'll enjoy reading them

A prehistoric squirrel that's rideable- can climb trees, can gather seeds, mid to late game, can jump, can bury gear for a set amount of time(like squirrels bury nuts), available on island and other free dlc's  

TLC for sabertooth ( I mean c'mon, everyone knows about them, we expected more)-  size of thylacoleo, pounce attack on small creatures and can pounce on creatures like deinonychus( cuz those deadly fangs XD), a crouching movement style, health, stam, base dmg buff yeah that's it

Tlc for quetz - gliding ( no dive bombing) 

Dragon- keep in mind they are supposed to be giga class or maybe higher than gigas,can run, are as rare as gigas and can take on gigas, as powerful too if not more powerful (if anyone knows the book series wings of fire lmk.)- idk which maps should be for . sand sky/fire, Ice, night, jungle, also 1.25 x faster than pteranodon ,no saddle but breedable 

Sky/fire-can breath fire obv, can glide and run, health speed stam melee buff compared to wyvern (all of the variants), faster than all other variants, can dive, immune to lava and fire 

ice ( referenced to wings of fire)- deadly spike tail, can shoot spines from tail, 40% buff in tundra areas to all stats, can grab humans and creatures size of turtle and smaller with the tail, dive, ice breath that freezes for like 10-30 seconds after you stop using the attack depending on melee,  immune to freezing and keeps rider safe from cold and hot

night- can go invisible at night in shadows and caves too , getts 45% buff to all stats at night but no debuff at day like the mega, dive, night vision, an aoe attack (exclusive to night time) like the yuty where all dinos do 25% less dmg, not detectable by parasaur at night or in dark places like caves

jungle/forest dragon(similar to rainwing) - smaller than other dragons, size of megatherium ,can camouflage to anything, can climb on all surfaces and fly, get 40% buff when raining, can hang on branches, cliffs, and anything that has an edge with prehensile tail, can grab anything wolf size and smaller with tail, faster when gliding, but can do maneuvers such as c spin dive dodge/roll, can perch and camouflage while you get offline no parasaur detection while camouflaged, can swim the speed of a megalodon, uses wings to maneuver in water, eats fruit( which they should add) spits venom that slows you and does up to 500 dmg on contact depending on melee 

sand dragon- protects u from heat on SE, scorpion tail that does 350 torpor per hit, can sink in sand and blend in with it, fast on land, venomous bite that paralyzes enemies for up to 30 sec. depending on melee

That's it for the might mystical dragons : )  

TLC megatherium- can stand while u ride, can grab players and small dinos with hands

TLC direwolf- let us pet our wolves :D

parasaur- allow quadrupedal for faster speed so the beach bobs can run away , pack buff since travel n herds, stamina and health buff since they were travelers, and let their crest make some noise!

TLC to dire bear- allow to climb over objects and trees and cliffs

Fruit trees and plants- i know it not a creature but it would be to tame tropical animals in the list

Paracer tlc- can use long neck to reach fruit on trees 

Sarco- 25% reduced bullet damage

mana- maybe a little more range and for us pvper XD 

mammoth- allowing pick small creatures and humans

Spino- make equal to rex w/out water buff, and im only judging from the jurassic movie 

Sphinx -   what if on scorched earth you could tame a sphinx by solving a riddle

hippogriff- eagle head, horse body and tail, fast on land and sky

dodo- every animal shall run away at the sight of this sheer terrifying creature 

i know a lot of this was mythical and stuff but if you made it here thanks.

I look forward to seeing other people's opinions and ideas as it all matter to me.

PS i may not be able to quote a lot cuz im not a full member or something idk XD but thx for reading my thoughts, i wonder what everyone thinks about my ideas 

There are some interesting ideas here.

For my own personal tastes, I would like any new creatures to be less fantasy and more consistent with the fossil record.  I just like more science in my science fiction.  So I wouldn't mind it at all if the wyverns, manas, gachas, reapers and kaiju giga were replaced by legit prehistoric creatures - I think it would likely help balance the game some since many of the fantasy creatures are overpowered.  I think the game is a lot more fun before you (or anyone else) gets wyverns and gigas.  The maps are huge and the threats and challenges are many.  As soon as you get an op fantasy creature, the maps seem a lot smaller and outside of PvP the threats disappear.

Maybe that would make a cool mod that would be right up my alley - remove all fantasy creatures, make the giga with realistic size/stats, remove tek tier like Primitive+ but make it so that it doesn't take 20 minutes to load.  Re-embrace the 'survival' part of "Survival Evolved".  Heck, that mod might already be out there - maybe I will go check.

1 hour ago, maxplanck58 said:

There are some interesting ideas here.

For my own personal tastes, I would like any new creatures to be less fantasy and more consistent with the fossil record.  I just like more science in my science fiction.  So I wouldn't mind it at all if the wyverns, manas, gachas, reapers and kaiju giga were replaced by legit prehistoric creatures - I think it would likely help balance the game some since many of the fantasy creatures are overpowered.  I think the game is a lot more fun before you (or anyone else) gets wyverns and gigas.  The maps are huge and the threats and challenges are many.  As soon as you get an op fantasy creature, the maps seem a lot smaller and outside of PvP the threats disappear.

Maybe that would make a cool mod that would be right up my alley - remove all fantasy creatures, make the giga with realistic size/stats, remove tek tier like Primitive+ but make it so that it doesn't take 20 minutes to load.  Re-embrace the 'survival' part of "Survival Evolved".  Heck, that mod might already be out there - maybe I will go check.

@maxplanck58 I can see where you are coming from. The fantasy creatures and such does make the game more OP metas than just truly focusing on surviving and taming these giant beasts of prehistoric creatures. Yeah, in reality i know this probably won't get acknowledged, but it def would be cool to see more prim style of play. Like maybe riding you and your thyla or you and a pack of allos vs just getting on your mana and jumping across a map such as the island, even though they nerfed it. I still think it would be cool to have some of the fantasy creatures, but maybe add counters to those dinos so that people who play more on the prim maps still can counter these fantasy creatures and have a chance against them. Maybe make ice wyverns immune to mana breath dps and freezing, so then they could only use their melee attacks and then while you are melee fighting the mana w your ice wyv throw a microraptor to dismount him, and then kill the person. Or dismount him asap. This would also give ice wyvs a purpose. Imo i think that some creatures don't need nerfs. Manas did with their range in the beginning, but not that big of a nerf. I think there should just always be a creature that can go up against the creature. As for creatures like the giga, it says online the spino was the largest carnivore, so they need a tlc and buff if that's true.  Then there's also the survival evolved part, which we got going on. The evolved part specifically is what changes things. I think things like flyers need to be endgame, so then people won't just rush through. It would kind of make people use more land travel and other dinos that can scale terrain. Maybe like you have to tame a flyer by approaching it and interacting and such. Once you tame it you have to get it used to a saddle. So maybe the first time u try to saddle it only lets u fly for 30 sec and each time the time increases, until they let you ride freely. Maybe you can teach your dinos tricks over bonding, so maybe you taught your wolf to sniff out over larger distances. Or u taught a pt to catch fish and prime fish meat. I have too many ideas so im gonna stop now XD , but if i'm def interested in what you think. 

Archived