Suggestion

This list is an expanded and updated version of a post I made in General Discussion. After receiving some feedback, labbing things out, and thinking further, I've improved the list and will be posting it here. Personally, one of the most exciting things wildcard has done as of late, has been the TLCs. Each one of them has done amazing things to creatures that needed changes heavily, and each one has made the game overall better. With the latest TLC 3 giving fantastic changes to the Mammoth and Stego that were desperately needed. However, I feel more are definitely needed. As long as we have to ask the question of "what do I do with this creature" or look at our tames and go "wow that is ugly" then things should be different. So, I've made a list of creatures that I think deserve it the most, my ideas on how to fix them, and some honorable mentions for those that just barely didn't make the list. Keep in mind, this my personal opinion and there is likely many more creatures that deserve a TLC of their own.

10. Giganotosaurus

OKAY OKAY OKAY! DON'T LEAVE! Hear me out. In its current state, the Giga is 3 things. Really strong, ugly, and somewhat underwhelming. For example, why are the claws the same greens and browns as the skin? That's really weird. On top of overall semi-outdated texturing, the Giga needs at the very least a visual update. On top of that, the wild counterpart is WAY too overtuned compared to the tamed version. A new ability or two may help with that. The Giga already has rage, but rage seems somewhat unnecessary in my eyes. Perhaps it could be reworked into something that benefits the player instead of hinder them. This in turn would make the wild Giga's higher stats more understandable by making the tamed version better. An overall increase in structure damage is also something it would benefit from immensely and would help it in raids. Some form of debuff from the roar would also be a really useful change. Perhaps a "poop stun" like the Rex roar except on larger creatures.

9.  Anglerfish

Why would you tame an Angler? Seriously, the only benefit is its light and pearl gathering. It's more useful to just kill for the gel and be on your way. Although, I feel we can improve it by adjusting that whole "pearl" thing. Lets make it the PERFECT deep sea gathering creature. Up the pearls more, and decreases the pearl's weight while on the angler more so. Remember, this includes black pearls as well. To tailor them towards black pearls, they should be immune to torpor from sea scorpions. So it'd likely need a new taming method, but thats besides the point. On top of that, we could also have the angler passively generate angler gel, making taming them a more consistent method of gathering then just killing them. They could also use a visual update, as their bodies make them like almost like weird piranhas.

8.  Dilophosaurus

The Dilo is one of Ark's oldest creatures, and personally, I think it needs some love. My idea is that we could up it in size a little, with some minor adjustments to stats to go with it. With its larger size, they should be ride-able. Then give it an increase in hide, chitin, and keratin gathering and bingo! Early game gathering creature! With this, it would also make sense to tone down the spawn rates to accommodate the better states and utility. Overall, this change would make early game both more interesting AND less irritating.

7.  Pachycephalosaurus

Pachys are fun to use with their charge, and the good things stop their. The fact that the HORSE does more torpor is very odd to me. Really, the only changes I personally can see them getting is an increased damage reduction on the head, MASSIVELY increased torpor damage, and maybe a stun effect if the charge hits? I think with these changes Pachys still may not be the most useful creature out there, but they would be WAY more fun and enjoyable to use. And the stun may give them some actual viability in a fight if their overall speed it increased too.

6. Pulmonoscorpius

The Scorpion is in a very similar spot to the Pachy. A torpor creature that just doesn't do that much torpor. Although I think we all can agree that the Scorpion is in a bit worse of a position in the grand scheme of things. However, what if they became a spoiled meat gatherer? Think of it, perhaps the venom from its claws and tail could make it gather a "tainted meat" instead of raw meat, that could be used in place of spoiled meat. Generally, spoiled meat is pretty easy to come by, just kill something and wait. I think the some would prefer to cut out the "wait" aspect. Like with the Dilo, these changes would make things less irritating and more fun overall. As now the more impatient of us can tame this very accesible, niche gatherer now open to us. An increase in torpor damage also would be hugely appreciated (but only for the tamed verion).

5. Pachyrhinosaurus

Moving on from one "Pachy" to another, the Pachyrhino is just a worse trike. Pachyrhinos are less common, have worse stats, and dont have a charge ability. The only reason why someone would want the Pachyrhino could be because of the 2 person saddle. While it's unique gas ability, is borderline useless. Sure, the de-agro gas is fairly good... until you get caught in PvP or accidentally run into a Rex. The other gas, is just awful. The rare flower's agro effect is good because YOU are the target. In the Pachyrhino's gas, it is the Pachyrhino that becomes the target. And with its only decent health pool, slow speed, and low melee, you turn yourself into a walking punching bag with no real defense outside of the second rider's weapons. So, how do we fix it. Well first off, change the gases. Replace them with two things. First, make one gas have the ability to give you and nearby allied players insulation against temperature, and other creatures a damage resistance. This will come into play later. Next, instead of a gas, give it a slow, short ranged projectile that is similar to the mud or snow thrown by Chalicos. The projectile will do moderate damage BUT will give its target a "flammability" effect, making the target take double or even triple the fire damage then before. This is also where the second rider becomes most useful, as they can come equipped with any flame related weapon. This effect should also act almost like an oil jar when applied to structures. They should also give the Pachyrhino a heacy increase in damage, and the ability to damage stone, as in life that's essentially what its nose plate was. This also leads into visuals. Like I said, Pachyrhinos need a much larger nose plate. After all "Pachyrhinosaurus" literally means "thick nosed lizard". Although, the "lizard" aspect doesn't mean much, as it needs feathers. This may come as a shock, but Pachyrhinos may have had more feathers then its relatives like Triceratops, as they lived as far north as Alaska, which still would have snowed even in the cretaceous period. This means that Pachyrhinos should also spawn in some colder areas on top of where they currently do. Places like the snow biomes or even redwoods. I also wouldn't be opposed to adding them to the highlands on Ragnarok, or even adding them to Scorched Earth where their abilities will shine the most. This is why the insulation gas would be useful. To not completely over shadow the trike, reduce or remove its ability to gather berries, thus making trikes the superior gatherer, while giving them both unique roles to fill in a tribe.

4. Pelagornis

The Pelagornis is two things. A fairly unique but ultimately overshadowed flyer, and maybe the only creature that I will refer to using its full name. In saying that, the Pelagornis has the potential to be a truly special flyer. It already can do something that no other flyer can, swim. You can also go fishing while they're on the surface of the water, which is a nice touch. Despite this, there is absolutely no actual reason to tame a Pelagornis over other flyers. To fix this, a number of things should be done. I think the simplest should be the addition of a dive ability. While the Pelagornis is on the water, you should be able to preform a short dive under water that will allow you to freely swim for a short time similar to modern sea birds. During this time, the Pelagornis should have an even bigger damage increase against sea life. On top of this, it wouldn't hurt to give it the ability to gather prime fish meat more effectively. This would make taming things like Spinos much easier. The dive's overall duration could also be increased with upgrades to oxygen or maybe stamina. I think that with  the addition of an overall increase in stamina and weight, the Pelagornis will get the recognition it deserves. As it might just be the least used flyer in the game.

3.  Brontosaurus

Initially, I had the Paracer in this slot, however I have since learned that Paracers are actually BUSTED due to their small size and platform saddle. And that the Bronto is actually the one in dire need of help. So, I removed the Paracer and replaced it with the Bronto. Now that that's over with, what exactly can a Bronto do? It can't soak very well, as even with its massive health pool it still gets eaten alive by turret fire. It can't be used as a mobile base very easily as it gets stuck on everything and is EXTREMELY slow. It can't even defend itself that well due to its shockingly low damage. The only thing it does well is gathering berries, yet because of its abysmal movement, you're better off using literally ANY. OTHER. HERBIVORE.  By the time that you get on your bronto, get the opposite side of your base, leave your base, and hit right trigger (or whatever button it is to attack for y'all) ONCE, any other herbivore would have already gathered that amount of berries by now, and has taken them to your trough. So, how do we fix this? Well first off, make it hit harder and make it faster. Flat out, this specifically NEEDS to happen. They are BARELY usable in their current states and these stat changes alone would already be a push in the right direction. However, there is still more. I believe the Bronto should be given an ability that would also benefit the Titanosaur, that being the ability to brake rocks just by sprinting over them. Not gather, but simply break. This, combined with an increase in speed, and the mobility of the Bronto will be tenfold. An increase to damage dealt by its running would also improve this as to not get caught on smaller creatures. The addition of a new attack should also be in order. The attack I have in mind is a sort of front stomp. Similar to the Titanosaur's back stomp, except with the Bronto's front legs. This attack should deal high damage, and even higher structure damage. It's basic tail swing attack should still deal more damage then it does in its current state, but still not as much as the new stomp. The tail swing should also still collect its huge amount of berries, while maybe the stomp shouldn't. The berry gathering of brontos could also be helped by halfing the berry weight in a Bronto's inventory. This would make a stack go from 10 to 5 weight. I also believe a minor structure limit increase shouldn't hurt a lot either. Then again, I said the same thing for the Paracer so we'll see. What I do know however, is that Bronto does lack in the visual department. The model isn't the worst, but it could better. The animations however, are some of the most outdated in the entire game. With the Bronto's sprint animation barely having the Bronto lift its feet. All in all, I think these changes would be a great way to give some love to one of Ark's most iconic creatures.

2. Araneo

The Spider sucks. It can't attack that much, it doesn't hit for much damage, its not fast, and it can't carry anything. All of these stats should be buffed to be more on par or even surpassing other creatures. As spiders are much harder to acquire then other creatures, this makes sense. On top of this, I think some sort of venom of the spider's bite should be implemented. Maybe as just torpor, or even an acid that makes you take lingering damage to a small extent. And most importantly of all, MAKE IT CLIMB! The fact that a giant lizard and a koala dressed up as a cat can climb more then a literal spider makes me profusely angry. Giving it the Megalania's or even the Thylac's ability to climb would make this creature miles more versatile then it currently is. In it's current state, the spider is one of Ark's most USELESS creatures, only saved by the fact that it can be riden at all. An updated model would also be very welcome, and the head barely even looks like a spider.

Here are some honorable mentions before we reveal our top contender for #1 

H. Plesiosaurus

Plesios are butt ugly. The main problem is that horrendous head of their's. If a TLC were to take place for these guys, a model change would be NEEDED. Although, use wise its just kind of a worse Mosa. Some distinguishing features would be neat, especially ones involving that long, luscious, ludicrous neck. Although I personally can't think of anything

H. Quetzalcoatlus

Quetzals are a strange creature to me (meta wise). They're hard to find, hard to tame, and only really have a "use and a half". They have a fairly large platform, and can pick up more creatures then any other flyer in the game. The "half use" comes in the form of being able to be a very niche soaker/soaker enabler for the high up cave or cliff bases. Other then that, the Quetzal is too mediocre stat wise to be useful in combat, too slow to be a good mobile base, and too hard to find and tame for most to even consider. On top of that, they're ugly and weirdly hunched over. I mean, even in the dossier they got the posture right. All in all, the Quetzal just needs a big buff to speed, a big increase in spawn rates, and an even bigger makeover.

H. Megalodon

Megalodons are interesting. Not only do they disprove the name thing I said about the Pelagornis, but they also have carved a surprisingly good niche for themselves in the underwater world. They're easy to get, and are really well rounded stat wise. Combine that with their new bleed and pack buff, and they're basically sea Allos. The problem, is that they simply just aren't the Megalodons we know and love. The Megalodon we know wouldn't be a shallow water nuisance, but a true terror of the deep and the nightmare to all whales everywhere. The only thing I can think of to both change this, and preserve what Wildcard has done, is to give it age variants similar to the penguin. Except here, the different ages will have different ablities. Its just an idea, but hey, it might work.

H. Titanosaurus

Titanosaurs are scary but also not. They posses some of the single highest base stats in the game, and if you don't know how to deal with them you'll get wiped in minutes. But that's the thing, IF you know how to deal with them. Because when your Titanosaur runs into someone who does, its as good as dead. All it takes is a floor of spike walls and a couple of Gigas and bam, no more Titanosaur. Combine this with it's ridiculous rarity and taming method, plus the fact they'll starve themselves after awhile, and there simply isn't a point in taming them. To fix this, its actually really simple. Make them deal HUMONGOUS damage to spike walls in particular, make them cryoable to help with mobility, increase their spawning levels from 5 to maybe something like 10, and make them EAT FOOD! Giving them the rock breaking ability I mentioned earlier with the Bronto would also help with mobility. On top of all this, the saddle armor should also be increased from 5 to 20 like other primitive saddles. This would also make just learning the saddle itself more worth it due to the ridiculous 120 engram cost (perhaps that should be lowered too). The Titanosaur needs these changes arguably more then any creature on this list, I'm just not sure if they really count as a TLC versus just a really big buff.

1. Carnotaurus

For our number 1 spot we have the Carno. The Carno might just be Ark's most overshadowed creature. You want a fast carnivore? Tame a terror bird, raptor, dire wolf, sabertooth, or even a baryonyx. You want a strong creature? Tame a Rex, Giga, Spino, Megalo, dire bear, thylac, or even a sarco. The point I'm trying to make is that the Carno is just boring. Every single aspect of the Carno is just done better in nearly every other creature out there. Because of this, they are (in my opinion) the single most deserving creature of a TLC. And as it turns out, Wildcard did give it some attention last TLC update. However, I strongly believe that it shouldn't be just a minor addition in the patch notes, but instead a main inclusion in TLC 4. And to see what we'd change, just look at reality for inspiration. Because the Carnotaurus is known by some as the "cheetah of the cretaceous" for a reason. This is because the Carno was FAST. almost every adaption in this animal's body looked like it had something to do with going faster. So I think it should first off get a HUGE increase to speed and have a similar effect as bears and rhinos in game. That being, the longer the creature runs, that faster it goes. With this, it could also have a charge like the Wooly Rhino but to a MUCH lesser extent. The more charge the Carno gains, the more damage its headbutt attack should do, and the longer the bleed should last. I also think the Carno should have some way of hitting things behind it. Perhaps a slight kick with the side appropriate foot that does decent knockback but low damage so the Carno can get to running again. I strongly believe that even if these abilities don't end up making it that good, it'll still be a fun and unique creature. It's model should also be made much more slender and streamlined to accommodate this.

All in all, I believe each one of these creatures deserves a little wildcard love. This game is great, and I can only hope that my ideas might make it just a little bit better.

From your very own,

PyroThePithecus

• Answers 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

57 replies to this server topic

12 hours ago, thedrongoofark said:

(especially the one about pelagornis and the araneo I mean who on earth thinks they can be useful)

I personally think the pelagornis is usefull,(looking for otters, traveling over swamps, luring dinos, ect.) but not too much. On a map without pteras, it becomes 10x more usefull. Some of the things I hate about it are: 1, level 47 saddle level. It’s an early game dino. 2, the fact that when on the water it will automatically fly up without space bar. I use it to serch for otters and stuff a lot of times. And when looking under it starts flying. 3 the rapid sprint swim stamina gain. Reducing this would help. 4 the fact it needs fish when tamed. I get only taming it with fish, but it’s really annoying to get fish which is so out of the way. 5 I think it should have rider weaponry when on the water. Sure diving would be cool but honestly not to usefull. It’s a flyer. Not much it can do damage wize and it can’t pick thing up. What I think is something like when over water it gets a speed buff and it can glide downwards. Gliding is such a realistic and in my opinion underused mechanic. Lasty, give its face a slight makeover. The way it’s teeth are made is kinda ugly, it comes out looking like a pyramid. And some nose eye detail is needed. It would also be interesting it it was able to level speed. As one of the weaker flyers, with slowish speed, around an argys, not able to carry dinos or much weight, and with low stam, I don’t really see it breaking anything, just being useful. I mean it’s not like it’s gonna be faster then trope right? Especially if the rates were low.

12 hours ago, thedrongoofark said:

most accounts until I looked at what you had for #1 and the runners up. Srsly? Don't diss the carno. I

I find it obsolete by the time you can tame it. On the island it’s in the redwoods, over the swamps, and with mircroraptors terror birds and more. At which time you will already be able to tame argys. On SE, I haven’t even seen one, and see there are wolves terror birds and packs of raptors. On abberation I dont know, on extinction, they do spawn at obilisk park, os there you can find and tame E.M. pretty easy, but there you can also tame megatheriums, Scorpians, beavers Doeds, rexes and argys all pretty easy, just lure one to a cliff, then climb/fly up with enforcer or ptdon, both of which a area easily obtainable. On top of that, there are enforces on the map, which rival carnos, and are better at killing corruption. They have almost no unique ability, and the only time I used them was as a escort with 2 that were almost level 200 with mate boost, after the bleed TLC. Sadly they just weak. I agree with Pyro.

Also because I mention Mortar and pestle for anky, maybe equestrians next?(Horse) or Enforcer, which are powerful, but sort of undervalued, and overpowered by rexes.
I’ll give my ideas for enforcer now, equis after I hear yours. first off, enforcer saddle, or rather Enforcement Module. An implant shaped chip which goes in the enforcers forehead, and projects a slightly opaque blue aura. It’s basicly defensive. Being able to latch onto walls from falling/jumping and walking. Fix the bug where it auto puts away held objects when moving while climbing. Have two enforcers be able to “Fabricate” a new one. This would be a very unique form of breeding(and imprinting). The enforcers would basically use their front limbs and put together an enforcer. They would need enforcer mats in their inventory’s and excess of food. While they are building a new enforcer, they must stay next to the WIP enforcer or it will stop being built(not reset, only pause). If one strays it will freeze the process.  During this time there will be 30 minute long segments, during which time you can play a mini game and edit its code to 1: be yours, if under 50% at the end it will be wild, 2: imprint, this bar raises slower so it needs to be tended to more to get to 100%. It works like basic imprinting. You require some element  dust/shards to play the mini game. They can have mutations and Everything just like other animals. Also now have reduced weight on dust, scrap metal, metal, metal ingots, meat, and corrupt poly. And enforcer is also able to either charge its shock or punch ability to be much more potent by holing the button for a few secs. Also the stun thing is more powerful in general, it’s really stupid RN. Maybe it reduces damage or something., after being near a Completed OSD or element vein, it will get a 1min long powerfull buff. Also, as for the model, make all the metal pieces cover more body, RN it does not look like any sort of defense machine, more like a few scraps of metal held together by some corruption. Finally can be healed by drones and force fed element for some free HP.

17 hours ago, Dinobros2000 said:

Hmmm. Decreased breeding time, umm more common(island and center and CI they r commonplace on other maps) slightly more fluffy, scared by the presence of dire wolves and hyenadons. And ummm being able to share them for pelt(I think it might already do this) maybe a armor set made of wool. Keeps you warm, reduced fall damage. Fluffy!

hm, the wool is actually a substitute for pelt so there you go, reduced fall damage would be interesting though, makes them better for climbing mountains and possibly combating diplos oooh look at that this game is already more complex. keeps you warm definitely I'm surprised it doesn't have that. I was also thinking maybe it could have like an agro debuff so that you use it as a mount in the snow, deagroing wolves n stuff and sitting on its fluffy back for warmth. I think tho that ovis would probably be in the minor changes column of a new tlc

1 hour ago, Dinobros2000 said:

So first off, there is the infamous anky auto harvest. Personally, I think it should be an .int setting or something. Next secondary attack already is berry gather. But a third attack that did crowd control, sure! I think it should be better at damaging structures too. I also think, as both the best metal and flint gatherer, it should be able to switch/differentiate  between the two, and weight reduction on all stone harvestable. It should be able to climb slightly better. I would also like a cosmetic roar, where it thumps it’s tail twice and bellows. It could also act as a mobile Mortar and Pestle, due to smash tail, make it easy for mass spark-power. Maybe it’s less efficient tho And uses a higher % of flint per craft, ex. 6 Flint and 1 stone = 4 powder. For other items, it just takes 2x mats for 1 craft. It should also be able to swim faster. Lasty, update the model and texture(just looking a little dated, not a bad design or color regions) and remove/lower the spikes or add a gondola or something so the player isn’t sitting on them.

On a related note, a creature I am making for a mod of my design, the Euoplocephalus!:

(in a quote to reduce msg size)

wait wait wait before we talk about anything else, you make mods? dude that's so cool my respect for you has greatly increased and it was pretty high before. Damn I wish mods could be made for us xbox players.

Well I forgot if it ate meat when tamed, if not, that’s a problem, otherwize, as a sholder pet it’s not very powerful or practical, especially with it taking 10 min to land from a jump. Due to not wanting to intrude into other pets territory, not much I can think of. And plus, glider suits and parachutes and non fall damage dino replaced it. I guess you could make the enter fly mechanics work more like glider suit. Maybe make it provide a small insulation and speed boost(usefull in the desert) or maybe it can preserve your stamina food and water by exerting the effort on itself. Maybe there could be a way to hold it, and a separate shoulder pet too. Maybe it could make you take less melee damage(doesn't affect ranged). Maybe it could sing a bird call to make you slightly ghille? Idk you got any ideas?

I was thinking that it'd be cool if archaeopteryx could get a pack boost, which seems random, but think about it, that'd be such a great new thing there's never been a pack flyer before so it'd be cool to give archae that power as it's other wise pretty dull

and maybe another cool trait is that it has a small aggro power where it flies over creatures, and when on aggressive flies around randomly, and all creatures in the radius for a period of time focus solely on killing the archae so you can hunt with it well

also it'd be cool if it was good at killing flying insects and other aerial shoulder mounts, so it's basically the anti-air cannon of shoulder pets, maybe not for things as large as pteras and stuff though

17 hours ago, thedrongoofark said:

woah woah woah woah. slow down. diplos are cool they way they are, no damage, good transport, and always great to hunt for when in need of prime or a lot of hide. I think the type of sauropod your talking about may be an interesting idea for a completely different creature as in like a totally new one, which I too would be interested to see how it works in game and how powerful it can be, but maybe not put those ideas on the diplodocus you know? But to be honest I am also a bit sick of the amount of times diplodocus are just annihilated by packs because they can't fling all of them at once. I think an interesting tlc is if you make diplos move in packs that way they can work together, and maybe even like move them to mountains or something? I don't know but I think they should be at a higher altitude so they can survive better. birdguy0705 your idea is crazy complex, and who knows maybe it will be more fun if diplos could do all that, but for now I think they're good as weaker sauropods.

I agree, but that doesn't mean it doesn't need a TLC. I think a buff to speed, weight, and stamina, then giving it some sort of second attack, making it whip away larger things, and lastly, give it a cuddle attack so it doesn’t seam like it wants to kill you. The cuddle attack could give a small buff of sorts(10%weight?). Maybe the second attack could Be a backwards kick that stuns  pressures(no dmg of corse). I think they should get a pack bonus, and also be found in small pack in the wild. All this would kinda highlight its purpose and make it super good at its job, well except the cuddle attack, that would just be less irritating then being thrown off cliffs. You could weight reduction on certain items, reduced fall damage, increased speed when attacked, reduced damage from carnivores, Ect. Also maybe it can be buffed by the amount of allied drag weight around it, more bigger friends = better dino. (For thy who don’t know, every dino has a drag weight applied, larger Dino's have more, this is used to determine the flyer carry system.) this would promote escorts.

On 1/26/2021 at 10:55 PM, PyroThePithecus7 said:

8.  Dilophosaurus

The Dilo is one of Ark's oldest creatures, and personally, I think it needs some love. My idea is that we could up it in size a little, with some minor adjustments to stats to go with it. With its larger size, they should be ride-able. Then give it an increase in hide, chitin, and keratin gathering and bingo! Early game gathering creature! With this, it would also make sense to tone down the spawn rates to accommodate the better states and utility. Overall, this change would make early game both more interesting AND less irritating.

The dilo is perfect as it is, one of arks pests. It’s exactly what it’s meant to be. It’s highlighted in the opening that it’s not meant to be riden. I think it could use a slight weight and harvesting ability increase tho, make it slightly more useful. And, reduce the amount of tames it attacks, it’s ridiculous to see a dilo attacking a trike, much less and Argy, a raptor, a carno ect. Maybe if it was pickupable, and it’s tamed firing range was increased, it could be used as a slower thing, like half the predators speed, throw the dilo, get out unscathed. Or have it spit at times to do a makeshift bola. It’s really simmiler to the dodo, basic early game, soon to be useless.

13 hours ago, PyroThePithecus7 said:

Megalodons are interesting. Not only do they disprove the name thing I said about the Pelagornis, but they also have carved a surprisingly good niche for themselves in the underwater world. They're easy to get, and are really well rounded stat wise. Combine that with their new bleed and pack buff, and they're basically sea Allos. The problem, is that they simply just aren't the Megalodons we know and love. The Megalodon we know wouldn't be a shallow water nuisance, but a true terror of the deep and the nightmare to all whales everywhere. The only thing I can think of to both change this, and preserve what Wildcard has done, is to give it age variants similar to the penguin. Except here, the different ages will have different ablities. Its just an idea, but hey, it might work.

Your idea(s) here are interesting, but I think the real reason so many sea creatures a bad if not utterly useless, is jellyfish and ells, we keep trying to change to creatures, but without or with a more reasonable jelly and ell, the ocean would have a much more balanced fun ecosystem. Suggested changes: Jelly: Reduce movement speed and aggro range by 80%. Irl jellyfish float with currents and hardly hunt out anything. Reduce range it will follow you by 50%, these things will follow you like a Therizino. Reduce HP 50% if it takes more then 3 crossbow shots your pretty much dead. Zap. Every dino perishes before it can get 2 hits in. Reduce pack size, and rarity. if three get you they will just alternate their stuns. they are so common it’s treacherous to go anywhere. Reduce time of effect and how often they can attack. Or at least don’t totally stun-lock everything. Give it a lasting effect which can be cured by lesser antidote. Jellyfish often leave effects with you. Like a stinging or poison. Don’t make it op just annoying and a good reason to avoid jelly’s. 

Eel: these are less evil but still wreck any pack of dinos. Reduce movement speed, and pack size. Make them less common. Increase time between attacks.

with these changes, Meg, mosa, pliso, angler, manta, dunky ect. Might be USEFUL again. Currently the only useful undersea dinos are Tusto, and basi, the two which have powers against jelly’s and eels. Secoundarly, add more thing in the sea to harvest and do, rather then two biomes, top ocean death, and deep ocean massacre. This would give each dino more uses such as other things is powerful or immune against or things to harvest. Right now the ocean kinda has a para, a trike, a stego, and a bronto. Each one an upgrade of the last making the prior obsolete. Also this is assuming bronto was good.

Or:, remove jelly spawns, and move them all to a separate biome in which lots of tustos and basis spawns with lots of jelly’s still keeping basi and tusto usefull for harvesting.

1 hour ago, PyroThePithecus7 said:

Now, this is a really cool idea. And I liked it a lot until you said you "ignoring whistle commands" and "attacking tamed Allos" Both of these things just seem so irrating to work with, combined with their aggression, and people would probably just end up hating them more then anything, and taming them LESS. As the ability is cool, but a Yuty does the same thing AND will actually funtion normally

Never said it wasn’t a cool idea, but it’s for a diffrent creature.

? Why bother taking it out to get prime meat or hide if you could out literally any other creature? I

He’s saying killing them is a good source. Nice dino to hunt.

Nobody uses it as a bait dino because it cant bait anything. Like I said, its stats are so subpar the only thing it can really do is just sit there and ATTEMPT to run away. It's slow, does low damage, and has a decent health pool. What an amazing bait creature.

That’s half the point, it’s going to die when you use the rare flower, unless you got a quetzal, but in the prosses of dying it diverts attacks from other dino. It can draw a dino into a trap. It wouldn’t even have to run in some cases. It’s like throwing the dodo so the rex is delayed. Or you can pack it full of C4 and ready an RPG and your wyvern.

13 hours ago, PyroThePithecus7 said:

10. Giganotosaurus

OKAY OKAY OKAY! DON'T LEAVE! Hear me out. In its current state, the Giga is 3 things. Really strong, ugly, and somewhat underwhelming. For example, why are the claws the same greens and browns as the skin? That's really weird. On top of overall semi-outdated texturing, the Giga needs at the very least a visual update. On top of that, the wild counterpart is WAY too overtuned compared to the tamed version. A new ability or two may help with that. The Giga already has rage, but rage seems somewhat unnecessary in my eyes. Perhaps it could be reworked into something that benefits the player instead of hinder them. This in turn would make the wild Giga's higher stats more understandable by making the tamed version better. An overall increase in structure damage is also something it would benefit from immensely and would help it in raids. Some form of debuff from the roar would also be a really useful change. Perhaps a "poop stun" like the Rex roar except on larger creatures.

So many people say something about Tamed giga V wild counterpart. I think this is crazy. The devs wanted a non boss critter which no one creature could take on, a natral terror, but they wanted you to be able to tame it and not a dino which was so OP all others were useless. So major debuff after its tamed.  The rage is a debuff because it’s still very powerfull. All it really needs is new model (And texture) and maybe a limit per tribe so the PvP aspect of the game isn’t just my 1000000 gigas vs your 1000000 gigas. Also a roar on command would be cool as an cosmetic purposes.

Pachys are fun to use with their charge, and the good things stop their. The fact that the HORSE does more torpor is very odd to me. Really, the only changes I personally can see them getting is an increased damage reduction on the head, MASSIVELY increased torpor damage, and maybe a stun effect if the charge hits? I think with these changes Pachys still may not be the most useful creature out there, but they would be WAY more fun and enjoyable to use. And the stun may give them some actual viability in a fight if their overall speed it increased too.

Agree, I’d also think it would be cool if in the wild males fought each other to half health. Also make it be able to get flint, like almost as well as anky but with no other resources. It just makes sense. The shatter head. A stun would also make sense I guess. Small but mighty dino.

2. Araneo

The Spider sucks. It can't attack that much, it doesn't hit for much damage, its not fast, and it can't carry anything. All of these stats should be buffed to be more on par or even surpassing other creatures. As spiders are much harder to acquire then other creatures, this makes sense. On top of this, I think some sort of venom of the spider's bite should be implemented. Maybe as just torpor, or even an acid that makes you take lingering damage to a small extent. And most importantly of all, MAKE IT CLIMB! The fact that a giant lizard and a koala dressed up as a cat can climb more then a literal spider makes me profusely angry. Giving it the Megalania's or even the Thylac's ability to climb would make this creature miles more versatile then it currently is. In it's current state, the spider is one of Ark's most USELESS creatures, only saved by the fact that it can be riden at all. An updated model would also be very welcome, and the head barely even looks like a spider.

Here are some honorable mentions before we reveal our top contender for #1

I think the spider should be able to also dangle down from a sting, and set web traps. Along with many of your proposed prospects. I also think it should be bigger, when I saw there was a Areno saddle the first time I looked at the wiki to make sure it was the spider. Cuz there is no way a survivor wouldn’t break that things legs, let alone the saddle. It would also be cool if it’s shots were more like bolas.

11 hours ago, thedrongoofark said:

wait wait wait before we talk about anything else, you make mods? dude that's so cool my respect for you has greatly increased and it was pretty high before. Damn I wish mods could be made for us xbox players.

Never released one yet, trying to get good at it. But yes. This dino in particular I already have the model, the texture and animations for, just need to finish implementing it.

11 hours ago, thedrongoofark said:

I was thinking that it'd be cool if archaeopteryx could get a pack boost, which seems random, but think about it, that'd be such a great new thing there's never been a pack flyer before so it'd be cool to give archae that power as it's other wise pretty dull

and maybe another cool trait is that it has a small aggro power where it flies over creatures, and when on aggressive flies around randomly, and all creatures in the radius for a period of time focus solely on killing the archae so you can hunt with it well

also it'd be cool if it was good at killing flying insects and other aerial shoulder mounts, so it's basically the anti-air cannon of shoulder pets, maybe not for things as large as pteras and stuff though

Hmmm intresting.

I find it obsolete by the time you can tame it. On the island it’s in the redwoods, over the swamps, and with mircroraptors terror birds and more. At which time you will already be able to tame argys. On SE, I haven’t even seen one, and see there are wolves terror birds and packs of raptors. On abberation I dont know, on extinction, they do spawn at obilisk park, os there you can find and tame E.M. pretty easy, but there you can also tame megatheriums, Scorpians, beavers Doeds, rexes and argys all pretty easy, just lure one to a cliff, then climb/fly up with enforcer or ptdon, both of which a area easily obtainable. On top of that, there are enforces on the map, which rival carnos, and are better at killing corruption. They have almost no unique ability, and the only time I used them was as a escort with 2 that were almost level 200 with mate boost, after the bleed TLC. Sadly they just weak. I agree with Pyro.

ok fair enough but about the island, carnos are all over the place in the mountains and in the jungles like my tribes starting base is in the hidden lake  and if I just cover enough ground in the jungle around it I'll find a carno((hopefully not an alpha carno)hopefully not an alpha carno that spawns right next to my base, that was scary) in abberation I've walked around enough times to know they are a fairly sizable presence there, don't know about extinction, but my main point is that they're that hard to find on the island. and yes they are weak I can definitely agree with you there ha but I think that is what makes them such a fun starting mount for beginners bc it's like ooh yay this guy has so much better stats than my high level raptor AND they've got a bleed effect noice. I just find it as yes a generic dino indeed I agree but it's the only easily tamed bleed dino which proves its worth early game you know? hope you consider my points but keep your own opinion if you get rexes when you can get carnos get rexes(also I wouldn't even mind if the carno got a tlc I just don't think it is the first candidate to do so)

4 hours ago, thedrongoofark said:

ALSO hey guys since you DinoBros2000 and you PyroThePithecus7 both have different opinions but both quite respectable, if there was a tlc on the ovis, what would you change about it?

Hmmm. Decreased breeding time, umm more common(island and center and CI they r commonplace on other maps) slightly more fluffy, scared by the presence of dire wolves and hyenadons. And ummm being able to share them for pelt(I think it might already do this) maybe a armor set made of wool. Keeps you warm, reduced fall damage. Fluffy!

It’s not really available early game, it’s saddle is not early game, and even if it is common, it shard to find one with good stats to be good. And the game progression is set up so you obtain later game stuff far to soon to be able to get any carnos before they are obsolete. And I’m not saying they aren’t common, they are, they just aren’t common anywhere early game. Jungles, mountins and redwoods are all later game, and on the island, there is no large jungle near spawn.

25 minutes ago, thedrongoofark said:

also I wouldn't even mind if the carno got a tlc I just don't think it is the first candidate to do so)

I guess some other dinos could come first, but it is still up there on the list. Almost no one uses it. And even if it is good early game, it’s no longer useful after 5 more hours of play.

Horse time. 
first off, decrease the weight of the lasso, and increase the drag weight of what it works on, currently useless. Next, add a stun debuff to the kicks that accompany torpor. Next, give it better weight, slightly better speed tamed, make it take less fall damage, and be able to climb elevations. Give it a herd boost. Maybe it can be the herbivore equivalent of a Direwolf. 

15 hours ago, PyroThePithecus7 said:

In the Pachyrhino's gas, it is the Pachyrhino that becomes the target.

The point is it’s a suicide/bait dino No one uses it cuz it’s rare. I think it should be able to turn a amount of wood, fiber, and berries into either a makeshift reusable Rare flower, or an object you can throw and distract dinos

It’s not really available early game, it’s saddle is not early game, and even if it is common, it shard to find one with good stats to be good. And the game progression is set up so you obtain later game stuff far to soon to be able to get any carnos before they are obsolete. And I’m not saying they aren’t common, they are, they just aren’t common anywhere early game. Jungles, mountins and redwoods are all later game, and on the island, there is no large jungle near spawn.

Jungle being late game? NO large jungle near spawn? What? I am quite confused about where you spawn on the map bc I swear whenever you go into mainland from beach you go to the jungle. Look I'm not even making a good argument against your points of carnotaurs that was just a bit of confused arguing on the jungle never mind that. Maybe you're right about carnotaurs being garbage and useless I guess I just like carnos because to me they're fun to use. I think I just like its height ratio when riding it around the island as well as its decent enough speed to outrun larger carnivores and decent enough damage to fight.

Archived