Revision of Compensation Policy for In-Game Bugs

slipperybasterd

Suggestion

Aight hear me out, I love the new maps and TLC(s) and all the stuff but what ARK really needs is time put into amending/modifying their compensation policy for bugs and glitches. 

Now I'm writing this from a PVE standpoint, so some stuff I say may not be applicable in PVP so bear with me. 

I live on an Official PVE server that crashes at least once every day for like around 10 mins to an hour. What I'm arriving at is that I am genuinely scared to transfer stuff over, specially rare, event stuff and characters. I know there's a new character dupe/loss prevention system out there but from what I've heard,  it really doesn't work that well. 

Sadly, due to the current compensation policy, most of the stuff lost due to transferring, is not compensated for; moreover, the stuff that you are entitled to compensation for, comes nowhere close to the value of the stuff you lost ( you get a lvl 201 dino for any dino lost above 201). I feel this policy is biased towards only the newer players while pushing he older "OG" well-settled - all the dlc buying - veteran players to give up on the game. I've been a new player on multiple maps starting out solo from ground zero; losing a normal tamed dino to a glitch or bug is not really that depressing cause you can go tame another again; but losing a rare event rock-drake or highly mutated refined giga line, that's some game quitting depressing stuff right there. 

Well. moving away from items, lets go to real world map glitches. My base, for the second time, has had random structures and foundations just decay either due to mesh-detection anomalies (yes, I'm 110% im not built in mesh; its on a flat peninsula) or jsut randomly auto decay. Now, I wouldn't consider my self an "OG" but I do have a fairly in-depth knowledge of foundation support and decay timer and so on and not building in the mesh. Sadly though, I am not entitled to compensation in any sort for any of the stuff lost due to these glitches, which I feel is kind of depressing. Like a good ARK player, I have reported this bug. but haven't gotten any feedback or anything, and I know it has not been fixed because yesterday, I lost a few more structures which were holding up cryofridges.

In summation, the people from the ARK dev team that read this, please revise the compensation and enforcement policies. I feel like it would do a solid for the ARK community if we got compensated appropriately for all the bugs we face.

5 replies to this server topic

Aight hear me out, I love the new maps and TLC(s) and all the stuff but what ARK really needs is time put into amending/modifying their compensation policy for bugs and glitches. 

Now I'm writing this from a PVE standpoint, so some stuff I say may not be applicable in PVP so bear with me. 

I live on an Official PVE server that crashes at least once every day for like around 10 mins to an hour. What I'm arriving at is that I am genuinely scared to transfer stuff over, specially rare, event stuff and characters. I know there's a new character dupe/loss prevention system out there but from what I've heard,  it really doesn't work that well. 

Sadly, due to the current compensation policy, most of the stuff lost due to transferring, is not compensated for; moreover, the stuff that you are entitled to compensation for, comes nowhere close to the value of the stuff you lost ( you get a lvl 201 dino for any dino lost above 201). I feel this policy is biased towards only the newer players while pushing he older "OG" well-settled - all the dlc buying - veteran players to give up on the game. I've been a new player on multiple maps starting out solo from ground zero; losing a normal tamed dino to a glitch or bug is not really that depressing cause you can go tame another again; but losing a rare event rock-drake or highly mutated refined giga line, that's some game quitting depressing stuff right there. 

Well. moving away from items, lets go to real world map glitches. My base, for the second time, has had random structures and foundations just decay either due to mesh-detection anomalies (yes, I'm 110% im not built in mesh; its on a flat peninsula) or jsut randomly auto decay. Now, I wouldn't consider my self an "OG" but I do have a fairly in-depth knowledge of foundation support and decay timer and so on and not building in the mesh. Sadly though, I am not entitled to compensation in any sort for any of the stuff lost due to these glitches, which I feel is kind of depressing. Like a good ARK player, I have reported this bug. but haven't gotten any feedback or anything, and I know it has not been fixed because yesterday, I lost a few more structures which were holding up cryofridges.

In summation, the people from the ARK dev team that read this, please revise the compensation and enforcement policies. I feel like it would do a solid for the ARK community if we got compensated appropriately for all the bugs we face.

1 hour ago, slipperybasterd said:

I live on an Official PVE server that crashes at least once every day for like around 10 mins to an hour. What I'm arriving at is that I am genuinely scared to transfer stuff over, specially rare, event stuff and characters. I know there's a new character dupe/loss prevention system out there but from what I've heard,  it really doesn't work that well. 

It is more annoying to be a non-duper on Official PvE now, but people still find a way to dupe.

Yep, if I get an event one-off dino like a Griffin or Basilisk or Karkinos, I generally don't use it.  I pump it with food and leave it at base to just look cool, or clone it (if I can manage the cost) and use the clone.  It's not fun to play that way, but after previous losses (RIP Holy Diver, lvl 150 perfect tame white event Griffin with huge melee), it's just not worth losing the single irreplaceable dino to a server crash or transfer bug.

Like many tribes  across the Arks , in the last few  days/weeks , we have lost dinos due to transfers and rollback.  But sadly the actual  policy  doesn't seem to be  even remotely positively  satisfying when such event occurs. 

For instance.  The policy  only allow the reimbursement  of some creatures  of a max lvl  of 201 (+ 72 xp lvl). Even with approved visual evidence we are denied  

-No perfect max lvl  wild  tame ( 224/225and 269 tek)

-No High lvl cave snails ( SE caves)

-No zombi verns

-No lvl 1 creatures ( like those tamed and transferred  from beginner servers)

-No Reaper 

-No Phoenix

-No Unicorn

-No Enforcer

-No Mek   

-Yes but Nope  Rock Drake will be spawned at  max lvl 190    but  it will  not  be imprinted ( come on  WC  why ?! We can't even breed them  and they will be nerfed if that ever happen ... )

-Yes  Old Verns  can be spawn at lvl 190 , (unimprinted but  you can  breed them unlike the useless rock drake above. )

Meaning that if  we  lose  a creature that was  tamed  above  lvl of  201  of better , our gameplay  is getting  somewhat  devaluated.  And  that  feels  unfair and  insulting.  It's like losing a prestige car  and getting reimbursed  a  lemon.  It accomplish nothing  except leaving  the player disgruntled. 

It feels that asking for a compensation is not only pointless now, worst,  accepting  one would be like accepting to be dismissed  from an entity that seem  to completely belittling  both players  and situation.  And  dare hope that  it is not the case  but  its a tough love when you feel cheated. And I do believe that the Dino Reimbursement it is an important service  to have , specially when you can permanently lose tames,  hundred of hours, efforts  and resources by using a in game feature  that cause a mishap. 

A more fair compensation  would be  to allow  max lvl wild tame to be part of the reimbursements rooster when the lost  is due to rollback/transfers hiccups of doom. It won't replace super mutated breed dino. It would not be the same wild creature because of to the randomization of stats/color/gender.  It could be worst, it could be better, but mostly  it would be as fair and square as it can be within the game limitation.  

With hope that WC  reconsider  their  Dino Reimbursement policy.

Archived