How quickly do baby/juvenile/adolescent dinos drop in health if they go hungry?

heliantha

Basically, I want to estimate how much of a time buffer I truly have on various dino babys (or juveniles, or adolescents) if I dont feed them quickly enough and their food stat drops to 0.

In the past, I've let some crystal wyverns go hungry at ~90% maturation when I was too lazy to get primal crystal. This did not hurt them much, but those crystal wyverns were nearly grown and I assume how quickly the health of a growing dino drops depends of the maturation %, just like food consumption varies based on maturation %.

Also, people on my server often talk about raising regular wyverns with just daedons or snow owls. But how often would you have to log in to actually heal them if you do it this way?

Is there a formula for how much life is drained per second if a dino's food stat reaches 0?

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, heliantha said:

Basically, I want to estimate how much of a time buffer I truly have on various dino babys (or juveniles, or adolescents) if I dont feed them quickly enough and their food stat drops to 0.

In the past, I've let some crystal wyverns go hungry at ~90% maturation when I was too lazy to get primal crystal. This did not hurt them much, but those crystal wyverns were nearly grown and I assume how quickly the health of a growing dino drops depends of the maturation %, just like food consumption varies based on maturation %.

Also, people on my server often talk about raising regular wyverns with just daedons or snow owls. But how often would you have to log in to actually heal them if you do it this way?

Is there a formula for how much life is drained per second if a dino's food stat reaches 0?

To know when a a Baby Crystal would die from starvation you could use something like this:

<health> / (0.4 * ((100 - <maturation>) * 0.01)) = <seconds before starvation>

For example, one that have 3000 health at 50% maturation would starve after:

3000 / (0.4 * ((100 - 50) * 0.01)) = 15,000 seconds (4 hours, 10 minutes)

51 minutes ago, sjskdjkfa said:

I'm not sure if maturation percentage plays a role, or if dinos that are more mature have acumulated more of their base hp pool... one other factor that I've had a sense plays a role tho is species. Giga for example seems to take a lot more damage for not having food...

Gigas would be the same calculation, but at a rate of 5.6 instead of 0.4:

<health> / (5.6 * ((100 - <maturation>) * 0.01))

So a Giga with the same health and maturation would take much less time to starve:

<health> / (5.6 * ((100 - <maturation>) * 0.01)) = 1071 seconds (17 minutes, 51 seconds)

And yes, the maturation plays a role. The older they get, the less damage they will take from starvation.

3 hours ago, heliantha said:

Keep in mind, the babies health is just as important as their food stat.....your crystal wyverns not only had a bunch of their food stat availible, but they also had their health stat nearly filled as well.
With this in mind, you also have the variouse parental stats that can be transfered to the baby as well. I personally tried to leave all my yuty's I bred out overnight and only one survived, it had a much higher food stat AND health stat than the rest. 

So with that said, there isn't a really good formula other than attempting to play it by ear really.
----------------------------------
Just noticed the above formula and thats preatty sweet, but I think its only "after" the food stat is empty? Maybe Im wrong and if you add an additional calculation for current food stat, you COULD anticipate when the time much more accurately. 

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, wizard03 said:

Just noticed the above formula and thats preatty sweet, but I think its only "after" the food stat is empty?

Correct, this is the health loss due to starvation.

1 hour ago, wizard03 said:

Maybe Im wrong and if you add an additional calculation for current food stat, you COULD anticipate when the time much more accurately. 

Trying to calculate that is rather difficult, because it depend on a mix of interval and whether it goes in and out of stasis frequently or not. However, you could get an approximate idea. For example, a Crystal Wyvern that have 3000 health, 1000 food and that is 50% matured:

(1000 / (0.021367499999999998 * 0.5)) + (3000 / (0.4 * ((100 - 50) * 0.01))) = 1 days, 6 hours, 10 minutes

And a Giga with the same values would be:

(1000 / (2.0826000000000002 * 0.5)) + (3000 / (0.4 * ((100 - 50) * 0.01))) = 4 hours, 26 minutes

However, you can't really have accurate results from a one-liner because every interval their health increase, they get older so they eat less, etc.

Archived