Trouble placing elevator because base is built on pillars

Holyherb420

5 hours ago, Holyherb420 said:

Heres one where i placed it on one of the few actual foundations where i would place it but there is stuff above this already that i dont want to demolish

0A4F382B-EC57-4BCC-B8BB-F27BFDADB16B.jpeg

Only way to place it exactly where you want to is to play with pillar heights around the area you want it until you can set foundations in that spot.  You will have to use the half tile stepping feature to get it to work. 

most likely outcome is you will break a chunk of your base regardless trying to make it work.

8 hours ago, Yggdrassil said:

i thought the pillars have to be from the ground up? if you try to build them on a second floor (ceiling) then the track would have to go to the ground for it to work. Don't quote me on that though as i rarely ever use them.

You are right the track is always based on the ground not where a floating first floor is.   I was intending to just say that to get it where they want it,  they need to be able to snap actual foundations on the ground under that spot.   

if foundations won’t fit there,  it can be because the slope and pillar heights adjacent to the location are too deep or too shallow.  They have to adjust those depths to get the spot to accept foundations if they won’t work right now.

since it’s an afterthought,  something will probably break trying to make it work out unless they have a good plan.

• 11 months later...

I did some experiments and found that I had to "free place" or "snap" the elevator track at the very bottom of my sea floor then make it go all the way up to where I needed it, in order for it to get supported. Now, given that my base is build on deep water that's a hell of a lot of track that I don't need just because the thing doesn't recognise that the ceiling it is standing on, is in fact, SUPPORTED! This can't be seen as anything else but yet an other stupid bug that renders the elevators useless. In addition they have added so many stopping points along the track that getting it to stop at the level you wanted is virtually impossible unless you keep going up and down until you get lucky. The fact that you also can't call on the elevator while being on a different level doesn't help the situation, as there is no way to connect it to a remote keypad.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Still broken and bugged cause i just wasted 60+ tracks for it to not work even with it being all the way to the ground says no foundation support half my base is floating way above where im placing an elevator i have tried it connected to foundations or straight to the ground and still get the no foundations message wildcard is trash and i definitely wont be playing ark 2

1 hour ago, ZaraVee said:

Still broken and bugged cause i just wasted 60+ tracks for it to not work even with it being all the way to the ground says no foundation support half my base is floating way above where im placing an elevator i have tried it connected to foundations or straight to the ground and still get the no foundations message wildcard is trash and i definitely wont be playing ark 2

I'm just now relooking at what I did on my aberration base.  I have 2 tracks setup , one on the base floor w/ foundations under it.  The other is in the room above that room.  It actually goes into the ceiling tile floor on that.  It seems like maybe we snapped a fence foundation to the ceiling tile we setup the track on.  The track does not extend way down through the room below . 

Try putting a fence foundation into the ceilng tile you are trying to build up from.

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

17 hours ago, ZaraVee said:

I can't answer your elevator question, but I do have a suggestion to make that will make this less painful for you in the future. Test building things on single player, that way you can use admin commands and spawn in materials without spending hours farming & building only to end up with a failure.

Some people just really enjoy the process of experimenting with building, I'm not one of them I just want it to work. So I almost always go to single-player and build test versions of anything that I'm having problems with building on a server. It saves many hours of frustration and wasted time.

• 1 month later...

Archived