Starter kit

Maxracer78

My best guess is a cryopod with a dino in it....of all the dino's I could think of that a new player would get the most use out of, Im thinking the doedicuris...they gather stone automatically when parked next to a big rock, have fair health and melee, curl up for defense and are ignored when they do, and they will only gather what they can carry before they are too overweight to move.
This way a new player can gather large amounts of stone to build a base with, use it to make spark powder and paste, and other usefull tools and equipment that a new player will need before getting metal unlocked. However if your willing to add a free saddle for a dino, Im thinking you might want to make different kits for new players with a theme on each one, and then let the players pick the theme for themselves. 

Architecture kit could have a metal axe better than primitive, good level doedicuris in cryo pod, and thus they will be able to build a good solid stone base once they reach stone level.

Cooking kit, includes cooking pot with a couple waterskins and a smoker with 50 spark powder, notes on how to cook stuff up, and a low level raptor to gather meat.

Chemistry kit, a primitive crossbow with 20 arrow's, and a equus with a very good saddle on it. 

Farming kit, medium crop plots, irrigation stuff, and either a couple dung beetles, or maybe just a male and female ovis..

Metal kit, includes a forge a metal pick better than primitive, and a low level anky. With or without saddle. Up to you. 

Most interesting one I can come up with is a ocean kit, you could do all sorts of crazy stuff here!maybe a couple oxygen tanks with turtle and dunky. Or maybe an itchy and manta....lotsa ideas here, but the ocean probably isn't the best for new players.

Last one is the one a lot of people aim for. A rafting kit. A wooden raft, a bed, and a storage shed with maybe a baryonyx or a ptredon...
----------------------------------------------------------------

Overall I must say that whatever you wish to do, Id say cryopods will help you in the regards of getting dino's to new players. But try to keep it all really simple and maybe encouraging to push new players to get more or upgrade later.....If you was to offer new players an argentavis right out of the gate, the game may actually feel not as challenging, and thus less rewarding to when you get to that next milestone. And that can break the game for a lot of people. =/
You might even try putting the server into beginner mode, where the max level dino is about 40......However all of this is up to you man. Either way, hope this helps. 👍

Archived