Community Crunch 251: Last Week In ARK and More!

StudioWildcard

On 1/23/2021 at 3:19 PM, GP said:

Oh my god you are actually arguing that you need 2x even though the rates you used to get when 2x at weekends is the same amount you now get all week long, but because it is the new 1.0 base rates you need it at 2x still because of the fact it is considered 2x?

That is a pathetic argument.

I fully agree and I fully understand the way you feel about people acting like this I snapped last crunch at people for it and I would do it again. 

On 1/22/2021 at 8:56 PM, izzykitty19 said:

Please don't take away our evo events. A lot of us can't play a lot during the week and would rather not spend all weekend farming -_- Im not asking for breeding events but some harvesting rates every weekend like it used to be would be amazing. My babies need food. THINK OF THE CHILDREN. 

Don't for get they made offic server x2 farming  24/7 sometime ago.

On 1/25/2021 at 1:29 PM, svani said:

I wonder how many cryopods were stolen by corrupted kiters, extinction  465  PVE is full with those cowards, but still no action against them

why don't ppl use Tek turrets then, corrupted take x2 more damage, Sure it sucks but there are way to stop it, Hell PlanX do x10 more damage to corrupted. Slows them down making them a easier target. Also the enfocer dose x4 (400%). keep a few on out side ^^/ easy to get and ANYONE can get them, for the player with no Gigas

Edited by LuluGamingDK

Yes, killed by dc; specifically Mana dc. always above water or above raptor, carno or wolf pack. always, always. How about a server save warning so we can get off our manas in time to not die. 4 times an hour plus any extra long lag spikes cuz of 30 Massive Empty bases and then 500+ gigas on breed, how about a limit of how many dinos can be on breed. With cryos very little reason to have 500 dinos out per tribe, I can't think of any. Be considerate of the server and breed in small numbers and only a few different dinos at a time. Lag sux, it sux sooo bad it makes me hungry for Pineapple Pizza ;)

22 hours ago, FoolsFolly said:

Yes, killed by dc; specifically Mana dc. always above water or above raptor, carno or wolf pack. always, always. How about a server save warning so we can get off our manas in time to not die. 4 times an hour plus any extra long lag spikes cuz of 30 Massive Empty bases and then 500+ gigas on breed, how about a limit of how many dinos can be on breed. With cryos very little reason to have 500 dinos out per tribe, I can't think of any. Be considerate of the server and breed in small numbers and only a few different dinos at a time. Lag sux, it sux sooo bad it makes me hungry for Pineapple Pizza ;)

Pineapple is a terrible topping. Pepperoni all the way!

On 24/01/2021 at 4:18 PM, GP said:

Because, as mentioned lots of times, stone picking is always 1 for base rates and only ever increases during EVO events. Stone picking should only be used to check whether there is an EVO event running.

Right so why wouldn't they change it the Devs aren't fooling me there is no difference in resource gathered only during Evo events how can it be 2x yet you get the exact same resource prior to this "permanent 2x" .Reapers still have 12 hour gestation you only pick up one rock the Devs should just have the evolution event going forever rather than this bs they have going right now

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, Victorino92 said:

Right so why wouldn't they change it the Devs aren't fooling me there is no difference in resource gathered only during Evo events how can it be 2x yet you get the exact same resource prior to this "permanent 2x" .Reapers still have 12 hour gestation you only pick up one rock the Devs should just have the evolution event going forever rather than this bs they have going right now

The only person fooling you is yourself right now.

They have already explained that stone picking is ALWAYS kept at 1 stone for base rates, which is the case on both time they've upped the base rates permanently. They do this because of the fact that picking up a stone doesn't make sense to get more than 1, so it's to do with immersion. No tinfoil hat conspiracy.

As for reaper gestation, that wouldn't change, because the base rates that got 2x were the basic EVO rates, i.e. XP/Taming/Resources (although passive taming can be debatable).

The issue many people have is that during last year during many worldwide lockdowns the Devs enabled EVO events for several months 7 days a week, and then when that ended they made the 2x rates permanent in the base rates. So if people got used to those rates during those months as normal ones as opposed to them being extended EVO rates then they get themselves all confused as to why the rates didn't appear to double at the end of it.

So yes, the only person fooling you right now is yourself, but after this you'll either understand where you have gone wrong, or you'll keep that tinfoil hat on and believe no-one but yourself.

This forum is full of posts where people explain this over and over again.

• Thanks 1

Are xbox Dedi's dead?  You may as well remove the option.  We started a CI dedi yesterday on my X console.  I could not get it to reload, and when it finally did the map was wiped clean.  It's a joke, ABSOLUTELY ridiculous, and disappointing!  My family likes to play together and I cant afford to rent a server.   

On 1/22/2021 at 11:53 PM, GP said:

Next EVO event will very likely be with Valentine's Event, so in approximately 2.5 weeks from now I suspect.

But harvesting was doubled permanently a few months ago, so the rates every day now are the same as what the EVOs were before it doubled. Yet you are still asking for more?

I understand people's want for breeding increase, but the harvesting is crazy, it's like every time base rates get doubled the demand for more EVO increases for those rates that got doubled.

And to this day I still ask myself how in the heck did me and my tribe mates play before 2x became 1x. That means this game was awful for so many years precovid. Don't really see a harm in 2x harvesting aka 4x every weekend. Gives people something to look forward to. Not needed, but would be nice, and I understand those who can't no life the game like some of us can wanting some more increased rates. 

• Volunteer Moderator
26 minutes ago, iLawfGaming said:

And to this day I still ask myself how in the heck did me and my tribe mates play before 2x became 1x. That means this game was awful for so many years precovid. Don't really see a harm in 2x harvesting aka 4x every weekend. Gives people something to look forward to. Not needed, but would be nice, and I understand those who can't no life the game like some of us can wanting some more increased rates. 

Technically 2x harvesting at weekends would be 8x as base rates have been doubled twice since release. So it was even slower progress back then.