Community Crunch 251: Last Week In ARK and More!

StudioWildcard

The statistics are worthless. I literally don't care. I'm trying to just play the game and we had TWO rollbacks in a row. Is this gonna be an all day thing? Should I just give up or grinding for the day since all my progress keeps resetting? Who knows... BUT HEY, at least they're letting us know that people are killing each other with Spears. And on top of all this, while your over here count spear kills, you won't even give us an evo event to help compensate these issues

17 hours ago, Gunzor said:

perma 2x is why. breeding events clog servers and lag out so they ration them

Ahh yes the "but it's already perm 2x", wouldn't that mean that makes it the new standard 1x yes? So it is 1x now not 2x correct? So the evo event puts things up to 2x correct? Many people like myself work alot during the week and really only have time to play on weekends, so while you know man ypeople can farm all week we only get a couple days.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, GP said:

Next EVO event will very likely be with Valentine's Event, so in approximately 2.5 weeks from now I suspect.

But harvesting was doubled permanently a few months ago, so the rates every day now are the same as what the EVOs were before it doubled. Yet you are still asking for more?

I understand people's want for breeding increase, but the harvesting is crazy, it's like every time base rates get doubled the demand for more EVO increases for those rates that got doubled.

The harvesting that was doubled is now considered 1x not doubled since it is the new standard.

6 hours ago, GP said:

Yes there was, and since then base rates have been doubled which means the rates you used to get every weekend you now get 7 days a week.

That doesn't mean they don't care. At the end of the day they are a business that needs to make money. So if a company like Microsoft offer something big then it is no surprise that opportunity would be taken. It's not like they've left Playstation out entirely.

If they didn't care about Playstation then Ark would never be on Playstation. People need to stop making hissy fits about the Devs not caring about specific platforms and grow up a little.

Which makes the base rates 1x standard now.

14 hours ago, BlackScarlatta said:

I will only say that the only thing that i care a lot its the people that constantly uses DDOS to dupe stuff and WC doesnt do anything about it, bc cheaters will constantly make another app to dupe stuff... so, why care? But, since i know that there are users that uses DDOS to dupe stuff im taking a very long look about pings that are over 200 to almost 300. That is a DDOS program working on. So, just wanna know on statics: How many people are using DDOS to dupe stuff and crashing servers that actually were playable some time ago? And How many issues have the game comparing with how many fixes had been made?... I will think in other statics that will catch my attention, soon.

Ok. First off, duping only works if you successfully crash the server less than 15 minutes after uploading items. Second, 200+ ping does not usually indicate that on its own. That's something that can happen on any console server, especially during events. Especially if you log on to a server during a lag spike. Third, I don't think you know how DDOS works if you are talking about "apps". You either need to run a lot of accounts at a server at once via a group effort or botnet, or inject a lot of dense data for the server to try to make sense of at once from a few accounts. Plus this is something that is is nowhere near as common of an issue as you're making it out to be even on PC. You might personally have the bad luck to main servers that have an unusually high number of A-holes.

• Like 1

• Volunteer Moderator
5 minutes ago, DaFishBois said:

Which makes the base rates 1x standard now.

10 minutes ago, DaFishBois said:

The harvesting that was doubled is now considered 1x not doubled since it is the new standard.

Oh my god you are actually arguing that you need 2x even though the rates you used to get when 2x at weekends is the same amount you now get all week long, but because it is the new 1.0 base rates you need it at 2x still because of the fact it is considered 2x?

That is a pathetic argument.

14 minutes ago, GP said:

Oh my god you are actually arguing that you need 2x even though the rates you used to get when 2x at weekends is the same amount you now get all week long, but because it is the new 1.0 base rates you need it at 2x still because of the fact it is considered 2x?

That is a pathetic argument.

Is it not the standard rates now? I work all week for 9+ hours a day and take care of my kid. Do you think it's unreasonable to want to have more harvesting during the times a lot of people are actually able to play? And some weekends I have drill to so I don't even get that time to play, so as it stands it's a solid argument. The new rates are now known as the "standard" look it up, that makes it the 1x base rate if it is the "standard" new players who are just getting are know it as the base standard 1x. Continue and tell me it's pathetic, or look up the definition. Also as a volunteer mod, kind of rude to call someone's opinion pathetic. Also I hit the max messages today, but to your later reply, Everyone gets to enjoy those rates during the week, I typically on get to use them on the weekend, so Yes I would like to have it doubled during the what 2 days out of the 7 you keep boasting about. And base rates are standard as I stated before, when you make something standard you can't go and say oh but it's already doubled so you should enjoy it, you don't need the events since it's already doubled. That's like telling me, hey we doubled your pay from $1 to $2 but hey you should be glad you get some more money don't mind the cost of living going up too, oh by the way in your situation you only get to enjoy that on the weekend since you don't have time for it during the week. goodluck.

Edited by DaFishBois

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, DaFishBois said:

Is it not the standard rates now? I work all week for 9+ hours a day and take care of my kid. Do you think it's unreasonable to want to have more harvesting during the times a lot of people are actually able to play? And some weekends I have drill to so I don't even get that time to play, so as it stands it's a solid argument. The new rates are now known as the "standard" look it up, that makes it the 1x base rate if it is the "standard" new players who are just getting are know it as the base standard 1x. Continue and tell me it's pathetic, or look up the definition.

But you are now getting the exact same amounts you used to get during EVO weekends. So why are the base rates at weekends now any different from the amount of resources you used to get?

12 hours ago, Novarae said:

That's already sort of a metric that the battlemetrics website tracks.  You can see how often a server is down, player access(when up but issue for players to get in, and more).

I realize I can see the data myself (I experience it myself, for that matter).  What I am asking for is Wildcard to provide the transparency and acknowledge shortcomings and show some amount of effort to remediate.  I also realize it will never happen, but I am providing my perspective, as a player, what I would really like to see them include in weekly statistics.  

1 hour ago, DaFishBois said:

Ahh yes the "but it's already perm 2x", wouldn't that mean that makes it the new standard 1x yes? So it is 1x now not 2x correct? So the evo event puts things up to 2x correct? Many people like myself work alot during the week and really only have time to play on weekends, so while you know man ypeople can farm all week we only get a couple days.

Exactly. Lets be honest, making 2x the norm was a loooong time coming. It was almost impossible to do any breeding and feeding with those rates. So if this is the norm now, then let us have our 2x weekends again. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Grognak said:

The all mighty stone says other wise, i play on an official crossplay server, and the rate of harvesting sucks right now. 

Find a stone, pick it up. x1

dunno if this has been replied to already but the stone picking up trick does not work like this - the BASE rates on official are 2x what they used to be, only on events will stone picking up work to find the multiplier 

When you can find the time, could you fix the damn mailbox on Prime Plus? It’s been a bug for over 2 years now. Really over 2 FREAKING years.(if not even more) If you access it, then your F_____, Force quit is the only option. Please fix it

Im trying to find new ways to entertained myself, but yea Prime Plus needs some loving taking care, It is an official DLC right? You sanction it WC, then its your responsibility to fix. Damn please fix...Vin Diesel I need your help, please don't make WC like the CyberPunk fiasco. Have them Fix what they own...

paul walker corona GIF

Edited by MooseX

6 hours ago, GP said:

But you are now getting the exact same amounts you used to get during EVO weekends. So why are the base rates at weekends now any different from the amount of resources you used to get?

GP, maybe he/she is a new player and didn't experience the slower rates.  That being said, as an active duty military member and father of 3, I find current 1x rates too slow for me to be effective on official servers.  The 2x evo events allow me to breed and get "something" eating out of a trough in a quick enough time to make it worth it.  I don't play when there is no evo event.

DaFishBois, I recommend playing single player or joining a boosted server.  Official is just way too slow for people with jobs and families.

Edited by Tut

On 1/22/2021 at 7:34 PM, Dockside1973 said:

I hate it when some smart dev returns with a smart comment about how great ark is while totally ignoring the actual comment, I've seen an entire server clean out and then refill with new people, then you start to see them complain about the same old thing.

Yes new people will join but they will soon leave when they start losing time spent on disappearing Dino's, rollbacks and servers disappearing, oh and the frustration of trying to be heard by sending in a ticket and receiving little or no assistance.

You have asked what we would like to see, I would be interested in seeing (out of curiosity) tickets received vs tickets closed, total servers offline (per week) total server downtime (hours), put your money where your mouth is and show us some real info

I agree with you till the 3rd paragraph ... The first request can become a slippery slope .  Tickets received VS tickets closed .   For anyone that has submitted tickets because something has gone wrong with the game beyond their control / whatever.

It's a good feeling that you get a good representative that works the case , communicates well , understands what they are looking at in the screen shots (if required  to have screen shots ) , communicate to other parties if there are others involved,  be where they need to be to fix the reason for the ticket .  Basically a good problem solver .

Unfortunately if we point attention to quantity and not quality we will get Rep's  that really  don't care to fix anything correctly ... they will be geared towards closing the ticket as fast as they can.  In a companies prospective that will look great on paper because they closed 5  to 6 more tickets per hour than any other rep .  Which can in turn make the status quo to be more like them . 

However customers will suffer with the quality of game support .  TBH They need support survey's added in after a ticket has been closed and attached in  to the ticket.   This will point out problems that players have in presenting a ticket with required guide lines .  It will reinforce policies of what a Rep can and can't do.  This will allow the customer to thank , to commend or to explain why the problem has not be resolved . 

As we can see this is becoming a tall order to fill quickly off a system that is already broken.  I fear ... however welcome monthly  payments to increase  the revenue for getting a better support  team.  I can only speak for myself when being willing to sacrifice  $5.00 to $10.00 per month to get better support.  If  a support member gets  too many complaints per month over a  6 month  period  ...  it's time to cut them from the team hire someone more capable. 

I remember an old saying ,

"You can have it something done fast , you can have it something done cheap and you can have something done right .  You can  pick two but you  can't have all three. " 

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, Victorino92 said:

how is it perma 2x whenever you pick up a stone on official right now you only get one stone i tried it yesterday

Because, as mentioned lots of times, stone picking is always 1 for base rates and only ever increases during EVO events. Stone picking should only be used to check whether there is an EVO event running.