Community Crunch 251: Last Week In ARK and More!

StudioWildcard

CONTINUATION OF RED SCRIPTED LIST (PART 2)

• Number of various skins equipped
  • The 5 or 10 most popular skin equipped
  • Cumulative amount of time players / creatures have spent standing around
  • Turret kills
  • Turret ammo used
  • Smithies created / Refining Forges created
  • Element harvested / crafted
  • Tek items crafted
  • Most popular tek item(s) crafted
  • Uninstallations vs. Installations
  • Most adjusted setting in the options menu
  • Miles traveled swimming
  • Miles traveled on foot
  • Miles ridden on tell us
  • Mispeeellllled wurds een URK

that's all for now.

Edited by Breakdancer

Any chance we could get a diary..

or use community crunch as a weeks notice..

a little notice off events:

this community crunch told us “no event” good generally events happen to often and most just expect them all the time..

but the information on event is being received after the start of event or so close to that start players can’t make plans around you..

this works the other way as well with breeding events and to lesser extent taming..

when breeding events are on, 

the time they end becoming crucial because of imprinting.. 

it’s very annoying to have event end half way through a imprint cycle.. 

11 minutes ago, Tyx2 said:

it’s very annoying to have event end half way through a imprint cycle.. 

Events usually end at a specific time so if the next imprint won't be before event ends, cryo it immediately after the last imprint you'll definitely get during the event. 

Even if the event ends up running a little longer, better to not risk it.

Hace 2 horas, Spiritpaw dijo:

AMO esta obra de arte. El spino es mi favorito. Me alegro de que no estés haciendo eventos de evolución constantemente desde lo de dos tiempos. Estoy feliz con este juego. REALMENTE amo ver esas estadísticas. 

DEFINITIVAMENTE refleja mis muertes ... Que un pirhana matara a un giga en una burbuja en islas de cristal. Lol, no estaba siendo muy sabio.

Honestamente, vivo el trabajo que están haciendo y felizmente tomaría un trabajo revisando todas las redes sociales y bloqueando a los destructivos críticos tóxicos.

Una cosa es compartir errores, problemas y solicitudes, pero los fanáticos de WC son francamente abusivos hasta el punto en que siento que eso los lleva a la cama para terapia.

Recuerda que tus verdaderos fanáticos aman en silencio, y aquellos que se quejan están secretamente obsesionados con tu trabajo (de lo contrario, ¿por qué les importa?) Simplemente no hay trols de vida.

Sigue adelante wc 🥰

Te recuerdo que el juego no es gratuito, todo cliente tiene derecho al reclamo y más cuando se ríen de ti con análisis absurdos siendo las últimas semanas desastrosas en desconecciones y pérdidas 

Somos realmente la mayoría los que queremos datos de tickets resueltos, desconeccion de servidores, pérdidas del juego..... Los servidores funcionan realmente mal y en ves de afrontar el problema real tu pones una estadística de cuantos raptors han muerto????  Te estás riendo de nosotros?? SOLUCIONEN PROBLEMAS REALES

Y estaremos 5 semanas sin evo, otra decisión de mierda del equipo wildcards, están demostrando ser muy incompetentes 

Edited by michotalarga1

5 hours ago, Merick said:

How about statistics on server performance?  I would think that would be useful to Wildcard as well to maybe adjust where needed and make servers generally perform better and stop kicking everyone all the time.

That's already sort of a metric that the battlemetrics website tracks.  You can see how often a server is down, player access(when up but issue for players to get in, and more).

• Volunteer Moderator
6 hours ago, JDawg35 said:

When can we expect another Evo event? 3 weekends in a row seems like a long time. Especially for those of us that are returning to the game and starting fresh. 

Next EVO event will very likely be with Valentine's Event, so in approximately 2.5 weeks from now I suspect.

5 hours ago, izzykitty19 said:

Please don't take away our evo events. A lot of us can't play a lot during the week and would rather not spend all weekend farming -_- Im not asking for breeding events but some harvesting rates every weekend like it used to be would be amazing. My babies need food. THINK OF THE CHILDREN. 

But harvesting was doubled permanently a few months ago, so the rates every day now are the same as what the EVOs were before it doubled. Yet you are still asking for more?

I understand people's want for breeding increase, but the harvesting is crazy, it's like every time base rates get doubled the demand for more EVO increases for those rates that got doubled.

Edited by GP
  • Facepalm 1

• Volunteer Moderator
5 hours ago, williamwalker17 said:

This doesn't prove anything besides the fact that a bunch of ppl got ark for Christmas. I doubt even half of those ppl stayed to play the game longer than a week or 2.

Neither does it prove players leaving Ark day by day as the other guy claimed. At least this one shows a chart with actual information rather than someone plucking numbers out of his head and saying he sees players leave day by day.

• Volunteer Moderator
6 hours ago, gimmeaname said:

Sprinkle a little more disappointment on top with no news on the vday event, gen 2

V Day is coming though, Ced has pretty much said this himself, so rest assured it will come.

Ced has also been trying to get a new teaser for Gen 2, he's not been able to yet but he's trying to get one, so there's signs that is coming too.

• Like 1

I read something about servers on PvP where being wiped from toxity.

Maybe we can see some of those analytics on PvE servers how the CoC is being uphold there?

How many times GMs came onto PvE servers the past, lets say 8 weeks, to uphold the beloved CoC? 

How many rollbacks we had on PvE?

How many servers on PvE had a ping over 1K for more then 10 mins?

How many tickets where send in with players reporting serveroutages?

Wich servers are being affected the most by outages/rollbacks?

How many skins/dinos/bases/babies got lost during outages/rollbacks?

Ive lost total faith in wildcard, plus everything they do, they create new problems. Games almost unplayable now, lack of proper news players want, lack of fixes, their mesh codings have broken bases where they shouldnt be broken, there use to be a time evo events were every weekend, their care for playstation players is non existent,this was proven even more by the announcement of xbox and pc exclusive for a limited time,which has really put me off ark, im glad i dont have to spend a penny on anymore dlc etc because its not worth it now, also what happened to x2 becoming the base rates? Or was that more bubbles chatted by wildcard? Wildcard are very consistent at being inconsistent. I dont know about other players,but im sick and tired of been sick and tired with wildcard.

Also how about statistics on how useless the ticket support is? Alls its there for is to create further disappointment, especially when bases and tames are vanishing because of the incompetent coding of meshing, FIX SOMETHING WILDCARD!

Edited by cbrown1987

• Volunteer Moderator
9 minutes ago, cbrown1987 said:

there use to be a time evo events were every weekend

Yes there was, and since then base rates have been doubled which means the rates you used to get every weekend you now get 7 days a week.

10 minutes ago, cbrown1987 said:

their care for playstation players is non existent,this was proven even more by the announcement of xbox and pc exclusive for a limited time,which has really put me off ark

That doesn't mean they don't care. At the end of the day they are a business that needs to make money. So if a company like Microsoft offer something big then it is no surprise that opportunity would be taken. It's not like they've left Playstation out entirely.

If they didn't care about Playstation then Ark would never be on Playstation. People need to stop making hissy fits about the Devs not caring about specific platforms and grow up a little.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, GP said:

Next EVO event will very likely be with Valentine's Event, so in approximately 2.5 weeks from now I suspect.

But harvesting was doubled permanently a few months ago, so the rates every day now are the same as what the EVOs were before it doubled. Yet you are still asking for more?

I understand people's want for breeding increase, but the harvesting is crazy, it's like every time base rates get doubled the demand for more EVO increases for those rates that got doubled.

The all mighty stone says other wise, i play on an official crossplay server, and the rate of harvesting sucks right now. 

Find a stone, pick it up. x1

• Facepalm 1

Lost so many tames, gear, cryo'd dinos to lag its beyond belief, particularly on Ab in the red zone.  Not to mention a four day base wipe from auto decay (not starvation, food was in tek trough).  Every event reaper and drake I raised for years just...poor.  Ticket was never even addressed.  Do not waste money on Ark 2.  None of the four ppl in my tribe are, goodbye Ark.  If you dont evolve as a company, you wont survive.  Do better.

Edited by iflankushank

I would like to see the following statistics:

- players and tames killed by bugs (ex. anti-mesh false positives, out-of-play-area on extinction)

- deleted characters during transfers

- average lag time during server-saves on servers in different regions

- average ping on different servers/regions

- server-wide disconnects

- server downtime

- attempts of DDoS and other attacks on servers

- ratings of GMs and general feedback from the community

And I would like a community crunch with a separate part titled "INTERNAL POLICY OF GMs" with its detailed content, criteria of implementation and how it changes and who decides how it changes every few weeks. So that people can stop submitting all those tickets that only get an automated "tough luck, sucker" message after weeks of waiting.

Edited by Oieru
  • Like 1

I think we can gauge by the most frequent topic in this thread and the 316 page server instability thread that Wildcard have a significant amount of detractors. 

I know someone posted that player numbers grew recently, which made me think

Can we have some stats around how many of those players were new players, how many were as a result of free EGS access and how long they remained players?

It's easy to add numbers especially through the EGS free weekends, but would Wildcard like to share some data on how many of those "added"  players stick around compared to how many find the server performance and bugs with the game too much of a disappointment and quit very shortly after.

While we are sharing stats here is the downtime for EU-PVE Extinction 469 for today. I know the duration for each outage is short, just long enough to kick all players from the server and make doing bosses or OSD a very risky prospect. 

Player count has gone from 13 Av and 9 Minimum 2 weeks ago to 4Av and 0 min this week due to these outages. 

Beginning End Duration
01/23/2021 11:33 AM 01/23/2021 11:34 AM 00:01
01/23/2021 11:02 AM 01/23/2021 11:03 AM 00:01
01/23/2021 10:31 AM 01/23/2021 10:32 AM 00:01
01/23/2021 10:18 AM 01/23/2021 10:20 AM 00:02
01/23/2021 9:59 AM 01/23/2021 10:03 AM 00:04
01/23/2021 9:43 AM 01/23/2021 9:44 AM 00:01
01/23/2021 9:11 AM 01/23/2021 9:12 AM 00:01
01/23/2021 8:55 AM 01/23/2021 8:56 AM 00:01
01/23/2021 7:54 AM 01/23/2021 7:55 AM 00:01
01/23/2021 12:34 AM 01/23/2021 12:36 AM 00:02

I like ark and it's been a fun journey like a long road trip, but the vehicle has been too unreliable the break downs have been too frequent too many hours spent at the side of the road waiting for rescue. So when we get to the end of the road and Ark 2 takes over I won't be joining the return journey. I'll take the plane home instead.

• Facepalm 1

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, Grognak said:

The all mighty stone says other wise, i play on an official crossplay server, and the rate of harvesting sucks right now. 

Find a stone, pick it up. x1

That's because it has been said many times over and over by the devs that stone picking will ALWAYS be 1 stone with base rates no matter whether base rates are increased.

Stone picking only ever increases during EVO events.