Official server connex probs using ATT wireless

paxx

Because of the remote location where I live I have had to switch to ATT wireless for my internet. I have descent speeds and pings, around 35mb+ down, 6mb+ up, with pings of 35-45ms. The problem is, ever since I changed to ATT, I cannot connect to official servers without using a VPN. I get connection timed out messages trying to join. If anyone has a solution for this or can offer any help it would be greatly appreciated. And I do live in the US, and I play on PC

8 hours ago, paxx said:

Because of the remote location where I live I have had to switch to ATT wireless for my internet. I have descent speeds and pings, around 35mb+ down, 6mb+ up, with pings of 35-45ms. The problem is, ever since I changed to ATT, I cannot connect to official servers without using a VPN. I get connection timed out messages trying to join. If anyone has a solution for this or can offer any help it would be greatly appreciated. And I do live in the US, and I play on PC

I have had THIS EXACT problem......old wireless was too expensive, switched to ATT wireless, 100mb down, 30 up, holy crap only 10> ping, no ark......

Sir, if you find a solution to this, PLEASE PM me and tell me what you did. :(

Could be port forwarding.

I had a friend who had a similar issue after changing his router recently, after changing to what was a newer and supposedly better router he couldn't see any servers in the server browser. 

Turned out the newer router his 4g provider recommended did not have UPnP. Once we got port forwarding setup on his router it sorted him out 

Archived