Im out of ark. I havent launched it for a week or so, and when i do its to ask the admins to not demolish our base. It gets repetitive, and tbh, boring after a while.

admittedly, Ive had bad luck. Most of my servers wiped, and I could never find good tribemates. But it just feels now like grind, build, tame, repeat. Im tired of doing the same thign again and again, alone, with no tribmates.

the forums are slightly better, but pretty repetetive. Ive seen 20+ fix offline raiding posts, tons of nerf this and nerf that posts, etc. even rhe good ideas like fishing become repetitive once you see them enough. Its just all getting boring. Its not that the game is inherently bad or im an ass whos rage quitting cus I got raided, its just... Old, you know?

ill probably be back at full release/later this year, but until then, this is dynamic, signing out. Cheers guys.

happy hunting, and may the odds be forever in your favour.

EDIT: I'll still try and be moderately active on the forums, but not nearly as much as I was.

9 minutes ago, MrDynamicMan said:

Im out of ark. I havent launched it for a week or so, and when i do its to ask the admins to not demolish our base. It gets repetitive, and tbh, boring after a while.

admittedly, Ive had bad luck. Most of my servers wiped, and I could never find good tribemates. But it just feels now like grind, build, tame, repeat. Im tired of doing the same thign again and again, alone, with no tribmates.

the forums are slightly better, but pretty repetetive. Ive seen 20+ fix offline raiding posts, tons of nerf this and nerf that posts, etc. even rhe good ideas like fishing become repetitive once you see them enough. Its just all getting boring. Its not that the game is inherently bad or im an ass whos rage quitting cus I got raided, its just... Old, you know?

ill probably be back at full release/later this year, but until then, this is dynamic, signing out. Cheers guys.

happy hunting, and may the odds be forever in your favour.

Man, right before the new Tundra spread and Redwood Forest introduction? Not to mention the ruins. Sorry you're burned out, man; having a tribe would really ease the grind. Tbh, I'm thinking about going dark soon myself, but because I don't wanna completely spoil the game for when it comes out for me. Hopefully, when we come back, it'll be an even better game.

@Rippy Online games? A handful  Minecraft, WoW, LoL, Ragnarok ( to name a few) and its only discouraging in the sense that I'm sure hes put in alot of solo hours. I play solo only when I want to try a build out to see how much its going to cost me on an online server. When I saw the trailer for this game I was like " poop yeah im gonna find a tribe and wreck some dinos" so far I've had a pretty good run of things minus a small trolling incident a few months back.

I know how you feel.  I feel that there's a root problem with the game as it is currently, that someone in charge should really be trying to solve.  It's lacking replayability or something dynamic (no pun intended).  I'm betting they're too tied up in releases and deadlines to take a step back and take a look to realize it.

Then again, is it only a few of us that are starting to drift away, or is there an overall trend showing that something is wrong with the road Wildcard is taking with their product.  I don't know, but someone in charge should know.   

Remembering some of my education on gaming: that the majority of players are casual and might even be mostly female (not that sex matters always, but there might be something interesting there).  So being an easy predictable straightforward grind, tends to do well and go far with that general audience.  And if Wildcard is doing it for the money and the bulk of players, rather than a vision, unless the two align, they're probably doing a perfect job.

I know what you mean. Feeling the same. I'm on Xbox and with the center coming in a week I'm giving it one more chance. This time I'm focusin on pvp. Not breeding, or all taming or building. But straight up make enemies and wipe some people. I want our server to be pvp central (with rules of course) and I'm hoping that helps spice things up. 

I think I'm so bored now because I merged tribes with a couple that already had a mega base built, now the only thing to do with no building and no pvp is breed and tame, which with a server wipe coming I just can't bring myself to do it.

let me ask, have you been on a pvp server? One with actual Pvp? Not alpha tribe raids, or base wipes but good back and forth warfare?

4 minutes ago, TheRealTFreezy said:

I know what you mean. Feeling the same. I'm on Xbox and with the center coming in a week I'm giving it one more chance. This time I'm focusin on pvp. Not breeding, or all taming or building. But straight up make enemies and wipe some people. I want our server to be pvp central (with rules of course) and I'm hoping that helps spice things up. 

I think I'm so bored now because I merged tribes with a couple that already had a mega base built, now the only thing to do with no building and no pvp is breed and tame, which with a server wipe coming I just can't bring myself to do it.

let me ask, have you been on a pvp server? One with actual Pvp? Not alpha tribe raids, or base wipes but good back and forth warfare?

They're rare, but I'm sure some servers support actual war. I know I'm going to attempt to find a Primitive PvE server that supports Tribe Warfare, where both sides desire some actual PvP. Might even hop on an RP server. 

Just now, OnePotatoChip said:

They're rare, but I'm sure some servers support actual war. I know I'm going to attempt to find a Primitive PvE server that supports Tribe Warfare, where both sides desire some actual PvP. Might even hop on an RP server. 

Light rp is something I've considered. I'll let you know how this server wipe goes. The admins are really cool and have the same vision as I do so hopefully we make it happen. 

I also saw a guy talking about a hardcore server that will be starting with the center with no turrets or fliers so that might be something I give a shot if I don't get the thrill from my current server

3 hours ago, warcryr said:

I know how you feel.  I feel that there's a root problem with the game as it is currently, that someone in charge should really be trying to solve.  It's lacking replayability or something dynamic (no pun intended).  I'm betting they're too tied up in releases and deadlines to take a step back and take a look to realize it.

Then again, is it only a few of us that are starting to drift away, or is there an overall trend showing that something is wrong with the road Wildcard is taking with their product.  I don't know, but someone in charge should know.   

Remembering some of my education on gaming: that the majority of players are casual and might even be mostly female (not that sex matters always, but there might be something interesting there).  So being an easy predictable straightforward grind, tends to do well and go far with that general audience.  And if Wildcard is doing it for the money and the bulk of players, rather than a vision, unless the two align, they're probably doing a perfect job.

yeah. In sitting on 450 hours right now, and I always felt that some depth was lacking. perhaps addming more to the crafting system, or a branched skill path, or... someething other than the trike-raptor-beaver-dodic-etc. progression.

1 hour ago, GamerPerfection said:

Sorry to see you go, hope we see you playing again sometime even if it's post-release.

I'll still stay somewhat active here, I just dont think I'll be playing all that much.

4 hours ago, OnePotatoChip said:

Man, right before the new Tundra spread and Redwood Forest introduction? Not to mention the ruins. Sorry you're burned out, man; having a tribe would really ease the grind. Tbh, I'm thinking about going dark soon myself, but because I don't wanna completely spoil the game for when it comes out for me. Hopefully, when we come back, it'll be an even better game.

Its not so much even easing the grind as just having someone to talk to and do stuff with. My favourite memories is when and a bunch of friends went out to tame a rex with slingshots, or when we raided the thatch hut with nothing but dodos. Hell, even doing a 8 hour korean grindfest for stone wasnt that bad as long as there was someone to do it with.

I'll miss your frequent posts, even if i didn't always agree with what you had to say, you said it in a decent way and stayed respectful.  
I understand it though, after 800+ hours i'm getting pretty tired, especially now that the snow biome is expanding, and i have to move and start building a base again. 
All my friends already stopped playing before hitting the 200 hours mark (and well, for the price they paid i would say they had a good product for their money) but the ark can really feel lonely at times. 

I also will miss reading your posts.  I have found them very helpful to me as I learn to play this game.  I am new to it, not even 100 hours but I can understand getting burnt out on a game; did that in another game I like to play.  Hope you decide to come back after some more updates or at least when it is fully released. 

Enjoy your time away.

@MrDynamicMan sorry to see you go...  Also sorry that you only play on P.c. Have you only played a private server or were you a official server player? 

have you any other games you're interested in playing I've seen a few that definetly piqued my interest.  I wish you best of luck and There is always  parlaying your skill and expertise into a Profesional S.O.T.F  player.   I HEAR there's a tournament in China. ;-)

8 hours ago, MrDynamicMan said:

Its not so much even easing the grind as just having someone to talk to and do stuff with. My favourite memories is when and a bunch of friends went out to tame a rex with slingshots, or when we raided the thatch hut with nothing but dodos. Hell, even doing a 8 hour korean grindfest for stone wasnt that bad as long as there was someone to do it with.

You couldn't be more right. I tribed up with a stranger I met just wondering the beach and now he's my admin but more so my friend. Lol One time we were watching a baby and it was crazy late so my dude read Greek mythology stories to keep us up. xD It sounds weird because it's just a video game but we have some great memories. 

Archived