Why can't you just track your tribemates? (taming list-wise)

TaskyTask

You see, this is a question I been asking myself for weeks now. 
ARK has the feature of tracking stunned dinos down yet doesn't care about the simple idea of inserting a function to trackdown tribemates or just already tamed dinos?

Like just remember when you had to use Coords to determine where the hell your friends are, total bullpoop. 

Will Wildcard ever put in consideration to make the game more enjoyable?

2015-07-15_00004_0.jpg

Believe it or not they did have this feature and just removed it with the last patch. Every tamed dino that was active on the server would show up on the tame tracker when you logged in and any cryopodded creature you tossed out would also appear and could be tracked. You could even use it for tracking your tribemates, just by tracking the mount they were riding.

It was great, but then people complained about it because opening up the tab could crash the game because they had tons of tames out. Now it only shows wild creatures in the process of taming again.

2 hours ago, TaskyTask said:

You see, this is a question I been asking myself for weeks now. 
ARK has the feature of tracking stunned dinos down yet doesn't care about the simple idea of inserting a function to trackdown tribemates or just already tamed dinos?

Yes it does, tracking nodes.

You may not like the way that WC implemented tracking nodes (and that would be fair, I don't like everything they've done either) but nodes have been in the game forever.

2 hours ago, Pipinghot said:

Yes it does, tracking nodes.

You may not like the way that WC implemented tracking nodes (and that would be fair, I don't like everything they've done either) but nodes have been in the game forever.

IF they work. I have been experimenting but there have been times that nodes poofed off my dinos, like I put them on my bulbdog and then log out and the next day its gone. Also, I have at least 3 nodes stuck to my base right now because they missed my bulbdog. 

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, Cowgirl said:

IF they work. I have been experimenting but there have been times that nodes poofed off my dinos, like I put them on my bulbdog and then log out and the next day its gone. Also, I have at least 3 nodes stuck to my base right now because they missed my bulbdog. 

And they go poof when you cryo a diino. So basically, worthless now.

Just now, Joebl0w13 said:

And they go poof when you cryo a diino. So basically, worthless now.

Yea that too, you would have to re-apply one every time you podded, and since sometimes you have to pod something to get it past somewhere (for instance if you are traveling cross country and there is a tiny place you need to squeeze past a base or something and you pod and go on foot) poof, no more node, and it is easy to forget to put them on there too.

12 hours ago, Cowgirl said:

I get that, I understand what you're saying, but that doesn't negate my point to the OP.

What we all need is for transponders and nodes to work better, to work properly. But anyone with any common sense should understand that the accidental benefits of the taming list were just that, accidental. WC never intended the taming list to have that ability and there's zero chance that they'll ever bring it back. The obvious and sensible answer is to keep suggesting and lobbying for the nodes to work better, because that's the only suggestion that has a chance of getting listened to.

7 hours ago, Pipinghot said:

I get that, I understand what you're saying, but that doesn't negate my point to the OP.

What we all need is for transponders and nodes to work better, to work properly. But anyone with any common sense should understand that the accidental benefits of the taming list were just that, accidental. WC never intended the taming list to have that ability and there's zero chance that they'll ever bring it back. The obvious and sensible answer is to keep suggesting and lobbying for the nodes to work better, because that's the only suggestion that has a chance of getting listened to.

Accidental or not it filled a niche that needs filled. Unless they are going to supply us with a working way to track our tames by an item it needs to be some kind of hud or something. These animals take real time out of our lives to tame and raise, we shouldnt have to worry about losing them due to glitches and non functioning tools when there is an alternative until said glitch and tools are fixed. IF the game ran as intended 100% of the time it would be one thing, but I had an argy that got lost a few weeks ago because somehow (I don't know how, I didn't set or whistle her to it) got set to attack my target and took off after a ptera up the volcano. I didn't even realize she was gone for like 3-4 mins because she was set to follow my giga. If it wasnt for the hud I probably would never have found her. 

7 hours ago, Pipinghot said:

Ok so put anything with a transponder node in the taming list then. Make it so that once you attach a node it shows up in there. But people aren't going to stop asking for an extremely useful feature to be returned just because there's a non-functional "substitute" that never even had half the features.

1 hour ago, carbonark said:

Ok so put anything with a transponder node in the taming list then. Make it so that once you attach a node it shows up in there. But people aren't going to stop asking for an extremely useful feature to be returned just because there's a non-functional "substitute" that never even had half the features.

Also a good point.

Upon reflection you two are right and I was wrong. I was defending a failed feature and any method that fixes that failure is fair game to push for.

Archived