broodmother Stats good enough for Beta Broodmother

yaruzai

So me and my tribe mate are playing on a inofficial non boosted pve server. We have been breeding enough rexes. Since we are not very good with breeding or ARK in general though, and we have never done a bossfight, we wonder if our rexes stats are good enough. They all have around 30k Health and 400% meelee. We also have a yuty and a daeodon. Will we all die? :D

Please help

Personally i think its a bit low, i would want at least double that melee and maybe closer to 40kHP+ with some 100+ saddles but if they are expendable you can give it a try and see how close you get. For example, its overkill but if i use rexs then i would use some at around 70k hp and 3k melee for alpha bosses.

14 hours ago, yaruzai said:

So me and my tribe mate are playing on a inofficial non boosted pve server. We have been breeding enough rexes. Since we are not very good with breeding or ARK in general though, and we have never done a bossfight, we wonder if our rexes stats are good enough. They all have around 30k Health and 400% meelee. We also have a yuty and a daeodon. Will we all die? :D

Please help

broodmother is easy enough....do yourself a favor, brew up 100 med drinks each, add shotguns and ammo with grappling hooks and and crossbows "just in case" If things go down, use grappleing hooks to hit the cave roof, reel yourself to the top of the cave, unload shotties into spider till he is done.

But in all honesty, those stats sound solid, your fight will only last a few minutes if the rexs all get to chomping on the spider......The only thing I would be worried about is where the deadon's food stat at? I like to try and get the pigs food stat up to 50k. If its not this high, do yourself a favor and go out and hit some bronto's and such for prime, then get it cooked up. Cooked prime gives "good" food stat regain to the pig, but cooked mutton does better and argy kibble does best. Also you will have a timer count down on anything BUT kibble.....If you decide to make 50-100's of argy kibble, you can insta feed them all to the pig in just a second or two and practically refill the food stat instantly for another heal run. 

Good luck!

3 hours ago, zero064 said:

Why not do the gamma (which should be fine with those Rexes, even without good saddles) and see how it goes? Then you can make adjustments accordingly. You'll also get a sense of what to expect in a boss fight.

this is good advice......take the boys in on the easy boss, see how things go.....If everyone has over half health after the fight, your golden.

I beat beta spider many times using 4500hp megatheriums with 280-350 meele ( base stats). They need over 15k hp to survive ( 16-20k possibly) and about 500 meele. You should do it easy with your rex just make sure you take many of them and YUTY is a must have just to be safe. Dont listen to stupid ideas of grapling hook and shotguns stay on your dino no matter what because little spiders will eat you

8 hours ago, Karol859 said:

I beat beta spider many times using 4500hp megatheriums with 280-350 meele ( base stats). They need over 15k hp to survive ( 16-20k possibly) and about 500 meele. You should do it easy with your rex just make sure you take many of them and YUTY is a must have just to be safe. Dont listen to stupid ideas of grapling hook and shotguns stay on your dino no matter what because little spiders will eat you

As I said, a last resort....only if it was a case of all the rex's die out, yours was badly damaged, maybe you get that last warning before it dies, you would still have a backup plan.

6 hours ago, St1ckyBandit said:

Shots fired

Yeah, Iv never really done this method myself, usually I just slug it out. But I can see some people takeing offense to this. It is a clever tactic and one Im unsure of if you can get killed by. Only times I have died was when I was wearing flak armor and froze to death.....I never even noticed during all the commotion, we won, Im running around and checking things out, looking for bags, then boom. Died....11 seconds before I was sent back to the obelisk. XD
Worst part is, I had the brew, had the ability to heal, everything was safe, died cause I wasn't paying attention. x.x

Archived