Great Migration 2.0 when Ark 2 comes out?

KRONOSDOUBLE

Its a no-brainer that ark 2 will be WCs focus when it gets released, but that being said... what happens to Ark Survival?

I propose that a great migration 2.0 occurs. 

Downsize the total number of servers. Of those that remain, 25% become legacy serves, and the other 75% become fresh "Day 1" servers. If not, then we as a community need to know what the future looks like for this game 

On 1/21/2021 at 8:04 AM, Snakeshot said:

I agree what will happen to Ark?

Nothing will happen to ark, it will continue on its merry way and continue to receive patches. You need to remember that when Ark2 comes out, Initially it will loose half of its fan base, simply because it will not be available for Playstation users. (AKA me ;) ) I will continue with my adventures with Ark 1 until I get bored. Hopefully it will continue to receive additional community maps, such as Ragnarok, Cystal Isles, Valguero to keep my interest going. IMO best maps actually comes from the community.

Cheers

1 hour ago, MooseX said:

Nothing will happen to ark, it will continue on its merry way and continue to receive patches. You need to remember that when Ark2 comes out, Initially it will loose half of its fan base, simply because it will not be available for Playstation users. (AKA me ;) ) I will continue with my adventures with Ark 1 until I get bored. Hopefully it will continue to receive additional community maps, such as Ragnarok, Cystal Isles, Valguero to keep my interest going. IMO best maps actually comes from the community.

Cheers

Damm thats bad of Microsoft to make ark 2 Xbox exclusive I play xbox thats really unfair for you playstation kids

• Volunteer Moderator

2 minutes ago, Keynote378 said:

I'm thinking because wc couldn't get their hands on enough PS5's to code the game into, they said they wont release it (yet), and I hope I'm right. Id still play if they raised the dino cap to like 1000, and make breeding rates higher.

Well considering Microsoft just doubled the cost of Xbox Live Gold to $120 a year there might be some more PS players in Arks future.

On 1/22/2021 at 4:42 PM, Snakeshot said:

Damm thats bad of Microsoft to make ark 2 Xbox exclusive I play xbox thats really unfair for you playstation kids

Really? Kid? Hell I'm probably older to be your Dad, You spent over 1000$ a year for a server? Guess not... Yes I'm  a PlayStation 5 user, oups yes I have one pettawon and proud owner, Ark2 exclusive to Xbox crap  is poop...

• Volunteer Moderator
3 minutes ago, MooseX said:

Really? Kid? Hell I'm probably older to be your Dad, You spent over 1000$ a year for a server? Guess not... Yes I'm  a PlayStation 5 user, oups yes I have one pettawon and proud owner, Ark2 exclusive to Xbox crap  is poop...

Well, this is only a "launch" exclusive. Just like ARK: Survival Evolved was back in 2015. If that can make you feel better; it will likely be released to PS later on with a bunch of early bugs fixed. If anything; poor Xbox's guinea pigs. 😉

• 2 weeks later...

I think naturally as Ark 2 gets closer to launch you will see some "Great migration" on some level.  I don't however think much is going to change for Ark 1 for at least a year or two after the launch of Ark 2 as it's still a viable title with a following and financial stability to the studio.   As for the Ark 2 being Xbox Exclusive and why, there's really no telling without hearing it from the horse's mouth.  Educated guess, I'd say it was probably a mix of several things, consider that the PS5 could (not necessarily has) significant changes to how it handles the code and compatibility.  Then consider the Microsoft angle previously mentioned. Also consider the fact that Sony could be unwilling to compromise on the business end of the new game.  Many possible reasons why it isn't currently being advertised for Playstation.   I personally find it hard to believe it will remain inaccessible to Playstation users however, that's a significant chunk of their revenue that's being dis included and doesn't make sense to alienate from the title.

What happens if Ark 2 is actually a Far Cry style game and not an Ark Survival game at all? I don't see a game company competing with itself over it's own fan base. Square Enix won't release another MMORPG that's exactly like FFXIV only better while FFXIV has a strong player base, same with Blizzard and WoW. Maybe wildcard will though.

On 2/3/2021 at 10:23 AM, Wycked said:

What happens if Ark 2 is actually a Far Cry style game and not an Ark Survival game at all? I don't see a game company competing with itself over it's own fan base. Square Enix won't release another MMORPG that's exactly like FFXIV only better while FFXIV has a strong player base, same with Blizzard and WoW. Maybe wildcard will though.

Actually, I'm fairly certain they are going to release a game very similar to Ark 1, minus some of the glaring issues they've been facing over the years. if I've learned anything in my years in development, software engineering and just being a gamer, most studios learn from their prior failures, and this won't be any different.  

3 hours ago, Rio4201 said:

Actually, I'm fairly certain they are going to release a game very similar to Ark 1, minus some of the glaring issues they've been facing over the years. if I've learned anything in my years in development, software engineering and just being a gamer, most studios learn from their prior failures, and this won't be any different.  

You know wildcard right? I was there for the release of Atlas........(insert 'nam flashbacks)

Archived