What is everyone's least favourite thing about ark

Snakeshot

Mine is the Titanaboa, insect swarms, glitches and player you raid for no reason . I mean why do you even need a swarm of insects to eat you alive. Plus the Titanaboa is so stupid I kill them instantly but then I just fall unconscious.  Oh whats the point of raiding me killing one tame and then just getting obliterated. Also I mainly play Xbox but has this come across anyone on single player Im trying to do a hardcore game and get every creature tamed in genesis but when I teleport to another biome my tames lose all the stuff in their inventory when I come back including the saddles does anyone know why this is happening. 

download (19).jpeg

I'd have to go with the poor optimization and visual bugs, and the radio-silence from WC and reluctance from them to fix them.
I run on a very good machine and I can't get stable 60 FPS.
(I'm on PC, and the optimization here is bad, I can't possibly imagine how bad it's gotten on consoles by now, I used to play there and the game barely ran 20FPS most of the time.)

I didn't mention the poor PvP balancing and toxicity because I've long abandoned official PvP in favor of a friend's private server.

The PvE balancing is fine, the creatures that the OP mentions aren't really a big deal to me or anyone who's been playing for a long time, all you need to do is stay on a mount or use ranged weapons when traversing swamps.

1 minute ago, Level4Gaming said:

I'd have to go with the poor optimization and visual bugs, and the radio-silence from WC and reluctance from them to fix them.
(I'm on PC, and the optimization here is bad, I can't possibly imagine how bad it's gotten on consoles by now, I used to play there and the game barely ran 20FPS most of the time.)

I didn't mention the poor PvP balancing and toxicity because I've long abandoned official PvP in favor of a friend's private server.

The PvE balancing is fine, the creatures that the OP mentions aren't really a big deal to me or anyone who's been playing for a long time, all you need to do is stay on a mount or use ranged weapons when traversing swamps.

Thanks for the tips on how to get through the swamps!

9 minutes ago, Level4Gaming said:

btw my frames are fine usually on xbox... 

I like PVE. So unpleasant things aree many as game is not designed for PVE but for pvp in first place. Probably they added PVE in latter stage of development in fear to not get enough players for ark.

For example extinction. Players are not for alpha king titan there as you don't get any reward except bugged homo deus skin earned with high tek technology like mega mek and that skin cant be applied on tek tier gear

So for what players play there? For OSD and element veins. Server is claimed to be for 70 players at once but im sure there is no resources for all 70 players.

At once there drop max 4 OSD - blue, yellow,  red and purple  and players are forced to compete. Competition mean PVP. Yea on pvp server is easy task. you just kill your competitor but on PVE is just time to do something else for example looking for element vein but you are too slow, there are others that claimed rare vein before you.

In general pillararing and to be "to close to enemy foundation" is another issue. Not because you are "to close to friend foundation" but because we don't have 70 equally worth spots for base building. And that mean competition and full PVP on PVE server.

Same with resources. What if all 70 players want to mine same  metal rock on same hill? Just one can do it and all other 69 players have to wait respawn time and compete with others who will be first.

On PVE servers we kill new players with torture no mercy with cold and starvation as he cant place camp fire nowhere because all is pillared or near someone base.

Also no any build in incentive for tribe to take random new comer in tribe.

4 hours ago, Snakeshot said:

Mine is the Titanaboa, insect swarms, glitches and player you raid for no reason . I mean why do you even need a swarm of insects to eat you alive. Plus the Titanaboa is so stupid I kill them instantly but then I just fall unconscious.  Oh whats the point of raiding me killing one tame and then just getting obliterated. Also I mainly play Xbox but has this come across anyone on single player Im trying to do a hardcore game and get every creature tamed in genesis but when I teleport to another biome my tames lose all the stuff in their inventory when I come back including the saddles does anyone know why this is happening. 

One. Only one is driving me insane......inventory management hiccups. Especially in split screen mode.....One person managing inventory is kinda ok, but if the second one bumps their inventory or exits, it freezes the other persons inventory. 
It starts to get unplayable about the time you get the fabricator going.

I'm getting pretty sick of this. About to delete this game. I put so much $ into it. I even emailed them and they did an update and guess what it was every 5 mins now it's every 3 mins u freeze than it drags ur body back 20 mins before where u left off 20mins ago like DILO. Really they need to fix this crap.

rebecca_rill_07@yahoo.com

If they like to try to email me again. Cus this game sucks so bad. Keep doing update cus every update will make it suck more. Next u know it I will not b able to move

1 hour ago, skinnypotato said:

I'm getting pretty sick of this. About to delete this game. I put so much $ into it. I even emailed them and they did an update and guess what it was every 5 mins now it's every 3 mins u freeze than it drags ur body back 20 mins before where u left off 20mins ago like DILO. Really they need to fix this crap.

rebecca_rill_07@yahoo.com

If they like to try to email me again. Cus this game sucks so bad. Keep doing update cus every update will make it suck more. Next u know it I will not b able to move

He he. I'm sure you like this game and a lot as you complain. The day you will stop complain will be bad for Ark as you might be cold enough to leave it in silence.

It was a lot worse time a go. It have  many factors to cause it.

I'm used to run in building and get up to 3rd floor then game move me back in front of house.

Also with experience you will learn how to prevent disaster when lag is coming.

For example you fly with argentavis and want to land to specific area and argy do not execute landing command.

You need to look at his food gauge and stamina if it move, if not is because of lag. Pressing space and then E to jump from argy to floor might result in your death as when lag  is over you can discover that argy is still high in air and dismounting it will result that you fall from high to the ground and die.

Wildcard worked hard on some issues like on textures and rendering to minimize possible causes of lag.

On PVE where is high concentration of bases and structures with high amount of tames out of cryofridge is normally that tipe of lag.

Wildcard reward who keep dinos in criyfridge by giving additional XP to freezed tames.

Also game save things every 15 min for security reasons.

Next thing is on your side - internet connection and its quality and your gaming hardware.

For ark 2 is promised to use next generation of graphic engine which will probably provide a bit less lag.

But one or another type of lag will always exist in so massive multiplayer game.

Just a little more patience and all will be fine :)

Thank god we don't have many artist in game. Think about painting functions. We have possibility to draw a pictures on base and buildings walls, even a photo. ( we have camera tool too to take photo in game or possibility to import it) and we have possibility to do tatoo on avatar)

One with low hardware not only that will fell big lag once he get in render range with such painted house but will probably experience instant crash.

5 hours ago, Countrydude89 said:

Most people would say the bugs and glitches, but would it be a true Ark experience without them?

I get what you're saying but I still hate when people say this.

Ark would seriously be one of the best games I've ever played if it ran correctly and the bugs were kept to a minimum. So much wasted potential. 

There was one time early on where I tamed a high level argy and was very proud of myself.

I had a base with a large hatch frame and ramps going down into the main room. Flew in and jumped off the argy to shut the door. He bugged out getting stuck in the door as it was closing. Insta killed. I was so demoralized. 

Things like this have happened counless times over the years.

10 hours ago, wizard03 said:

One. Only one is driving me insane......inventory management hiccups. Especially in split screen mode.....One person managing inventory is kinda ok, but if the second one bumps their inventory or exits, it freezes the other persons inventory. 
It starts to get unplayable about the time you get the fabricator going.

This happens to me to during I also experience lag when the other player is attacking or crafting 

6 hours ago, Countrydude89 said:

Most people would say the bugs and glitches, but would it be a true Ark experience without them?

2 hours ago, Noa said:

He he. I'm sure you like this game and a lot as you complain. The day you will stop complain will be bad for Ark as you might be cold enough to leave it in silence.

It was a lot worse time a go. It have  many factors to cause it.

I'm used to run in building and get up to 3rd floor then game move me back in front of house.

Also with experience you will learn how to prevent disaster when lag is coming.

For example you fly with argentavis and want to land to specific area and argy do not execute landing command.

You need to look at his food gauge and stamina if it move, if not is because of lag. Pressing space and then E to jump from argy to floor might result in your death as when lag  is over you can discover that argy is still high in air and dismounting it will result that you fall from high to the ground and die.

Wildcard worked hard on some issues like on textures and rendering to minimize possible causes of lag.

On PVE where is high concentration of bases and structures with high amount of tames out of cryofridge is normally that tipe of lag.

Wildcard reward who keep dinos in criyfridge by giving additional XP to freezed tames.

Also game save things every 15 min for security reasons.

Next thing is on your side - internet connection and its quality and your gaming hardware.

For ark 2 is promised to use next generation of graphic engine which will probably provide a bit less lag.

But one or another type of lag will always exist in so massive multiplayer game.

Just a little more patience and all will be fine :)

Thank god we don't have many artist in game. Think about painting functions. We have possibility to draw a pictures on base and buildings walls, even a photo. ( we have camera tool too to take photo in game or possibility to import it) and we have possibility to do tatoo on avatar)

One with low hardware not only that will fell big lag once he get in render range with such painted house but will probably experience instant crash.

I feel like wildcard has spent a lot of time on this game clearly but I think they need to listen more to the players about the lag and glitches. Even playing single player with a friend makes the game freeze, but hopefully Ark two wont have any of these glitches.

Archived