Change the way the game is installed.

Dravynn

Suggestion

So this is just my opinion nothing more.  I, personally, find that 275 gigs of space is a bit much for a game.  I'm pretty sure that it comes from all the maps... which I can understand.  Here's my suggestion, what I would love to see implemented, is it possible to make the game install and each of the different maps installed seperately?  So I can install the game and choose which maps I want instead of having all of them installed?  A la carte style if you will?  Or at least moving forward possibly with Ark 2 keep that in consideration.  As it stands I had to uninstall Ark last night due to running low on space.. and I was able to install borderlands pre-sequel, 2, 3 and path of exile and still have more space than when i had Ark.

Thank you for your time.

2 replies to this server topic

Actually playing around a bit in steam I figured out how to do this exact thing.. my bad.   Apparently this is already a thing through steam although not an obvious way its also not exactly a hidden thing.. just something you have to do a bare minimum of digging to find.   

Right click on the game, go to properties, go to dlc, and select/unselect the ones you do and don't want installed.  Works from both an installed game and if you do it right before you attempt to install.

Archived