Community Crunch 46 & ARK Digest 30!

Jen

49 minutes ago, EvilChaosDX said:

Pics of what? There is already a marked up map with the highlighted areas but not included the hidden lake area any more.

7 hours ago, EvilChaosDX said:

No problem. They say they're going to update the first post soon where we can see the extention of the snow biome is going.

I believe a lot of people were upset they were changing that area and wildcard heard their customers voices and listened which is good business.

26 minutes ago, Khiala said:

You said there's a map that doesn't include the hidden lake. First post still includes hidden lake as far as i can tell?

You must of misunderstood what I wrote. 

I was trying to say that there is a map but they are yet to exclude the hidden lake area. 

1 hour ago, EvilChaosDX said:

You must of misunderstood what I wrote. 

I was trying to say that there is a map but they are yet to exclude the hidden lake area. 

You're right, when you said "There is already a marked up map with the highlighted areas but not included the hidden lake area any more.", i assumed there was a map that did not include the hidden lake area.

"My bad" 

The extended snow area should not have any major terrain changes, but there is a possibility of new rocks and trees that have the potential to destroy parts of bases, or spawn on top of tames and destroy them. It is in your best interest to remove valuables from these areas and relocate back in if you desire after the biome change takes place. Anything within the changing biome areas has the potential to be deleted and lost.

what does do u mean by potential to be deleted and lost. Is there any way i can know for sure if my base gonna get rekt or not ? 

12 minutes ago, oOneHitKOo said:

The extended snow area should not have any major terrain changes, but there is a possibility of new rocks and trees that have the potential to destroy parts of bases, or spawn on top of tames and destroy them. It is in your best interest to remove valuables from these areas and relocate back in if you desire after the biome change takes place. Anything within the changing biome areas has the potential to be deleted and lost.

what does do u mean by potential to be deleted and lost. Is there any way i can know for sure if my base gonna get rekt or not ? 

I'm sure that if you are already in the Snow Biome, that those areas aren't going to be touched.   Maybe a slight touch up to the out edge of the current Snow Biome so it blends in with the new areas, but if you have a base that is currently in warm area that will be taken over by the snow biome, I'm sure it will act just like when we initially got the snow and swamp.   Anything in those areas will be affected.   Now for if your base will be wrecked, only time will tell.  But the fact that they gave us an early enough warning, along with letting us know the potential for dinosaurs to vanish if we leave them there, is enough to relocate.   If a tree or boulder has to be placed where your dinosaur is at, it will potentially get bumped underground, or stuck in the boulder and you might not know it.  

I currently run a server that has my tribe, and 2 other tribes that are smack dab in the middle of the terrain change.   1 in the Redwoods area, 1 right on the warm/cold border of the Snow, and mine which is on the coast, but will be overtaken by the snow.    So after talking to those tribes and giving them a heads up about what I've read here, all of us are planning on relocating.   Not worth risking all the dinosaurs that were tamed, etc........I'd rather spend days rebuilding a base (I enjoy building bases), rather than spending the long hours re-taming a dinosaur.   

Regardless, good luck to you in whichever decision you may make!    Be safe and happy arking!  

On 5/7/2016 at 0:16 PM, Jeremy Stieglitz said:

Aha don't worry, we're not gonna nuclear-winter the Hidden Lake! ;) The changes map will be updated soon, Hidden Lake area will remain as-is.

Also we'll be more clear shortly about which swamp area will be affected, it's actually relatively little (some swamp area is being reclaimed for other biome usage).

Also note soon next week we'll update the in-game environment with 3d markers indicating areas that will be undergoing a change.

Cheers,
Jeremy

woot, thx Drake & other Dev peeps

On 5/7/2016 at 1:16 AM, Jeremy Stieglitz said:

Aha don't worry, we're not gonna nuclear-winter the Hidden Lake! ;) The changes map will be updated soon, Hidden Lake area will remain as-is.

Also we'll be more clear shortly about which swamp area will be affected, it's actually relatively little (some swamp area is being reclaimed for other biome usage).

Also note soon next week we'll update the in-game environment with 3d markers indicating areas that will be undergoing a change.

Cheers,
Jeremy

Hi there may I understand this map also includes places ruins will spawn?

like there's not going to be any ruins in cragg island dead island and herbivore island?

Please, don't put too many rocks over the east of the new snow biome! We have an huge (REALLY HUGE) base (or town) in the east shore, near the cliff and the puddle, in front of the carnivore island. We have a lot of cells with dinos inside and we can't move all of them to another zone... We built an enormous platform over the water where we have our houses, plantations and "airport". 

Anyway, that zone, I think, should be like it is right now, peaceful and calm, near two mad and dangerous zones. The extension could end just past the mountain, without covering the little oasis that is hidden in the forest.

Just my opinion and petition, I would love it if you consider all this.

(I will upload soon some pics of our base)

33 minutes ago, Mystalias said:

They've updated the map, but no indication of what swamp areas are chaning...

(Also, would be nice to know where ruins are going to be breaking things...)

Wouldn't the swamp areas be the bit marked in green?

EDIT: They've now posted the new updated map with the green bit highlighted being the swamp being removed.

Edited by EvilChaosDX

On ‎10‎-‎5‎-‎2016 at 9:42 AM, Velice said:

Please, don't put too many rocks over the east of the new snow biome!

This.

Just add some snowy plains. Too many rocks already in the snow biome.

I understand that those are needed around mountains, but can't the Ark devs just give -1 snowy mountain and paint some flat space white?

9 minutes ago, NukeZX said:

This.

Just add some snowy plains. Too many rocks already in the snow biome.

I understand that those are needed around mountains, but can't the Ark devs just give -1 snowy mountain and paint some flat space white?

They just changed, they saved my buildings xD

But that is true, it could be awesome some big white field, with dense drifts occasionally! There, the dire wolf would win a lot

18 minutes ago, Velice said:

They just changed, they saved my buildings xD

But that is true, it could be awesome some big white field, with dense drifts occasionally! There, the dire wolf would win a lot

I like immersion.

And although I live on the edge of the snow biome, (later right IN), whenever I go in the biome, whether it be with a rex or wolf, it's all trees and rocks or mountain.

Just some clear vast planes would be fun. Even in the normal biome, like a immense grass plane with huge dinos roaming them.

On 5/7/2016 at 10:28 PM, Oreochema said:

Love that the snow is getting some more space, but I'd love Hidden Lake to remain the lovely little oasis it is. Doesn't seem right that it should snow there.... (Still, thank you for giving us some warning!)

Also, my friend is gonna be pretty ticked when his entire base on that Northern shore/plain ends up covered in fresh powder! xD

Hidden Lake isnt getting touched... Look at the Map from the Ark Devs not the one a couple of posts up from some random player, that one is wrong.

3 hours ago, Divine said:

Hidden Lake isnt getting touched... Look at the Map from the Ark Devs not the one a couple of posts up from some random player, that one is wrong.

I'm pretty sure the person you've quoted had posted that before it was even confirmed that the hidden lake wasn't going to get changed. 

It was definitely before the new map was posted.

• lilpanda unpinned and unfeatured this topic