Community Crunch 46 & ARK Digest 30!

Jen

Jeremy: Yep, it will be reverse-merged up from the console version, along with gamepad support, in the relatively near future.

So, I was literally about to order an Xbox one from Amazon because PC split screen has been months and months on the wait list. I figured it wouldn't be added any time soon. 

After me agonizing over this purchase, you bring up PC split screen again ... While this is fantastic that it is still in the works, I wish we knew what "relatively soon" meant. Are we talking sometime in 2016, or are we talking sometime in May? If it's gonna be months from now, I want to go ahead and buy an Xbox just to play this NOW. If it's next month, I'll wait. But as of now I still have no idea which it will be. The struggle is real ...

Tell ya what, if one of the Ark Devs will respond to this and get PC split screen in for may or even next month, I'll donate 100$ to the dev team. I'm serious. C'mon devs... Ease my worries and let us know an ETA. 

6 minutes ago, Jenna said:

It sucks that Hidden Lake is going to be snow. It's the prettiest place to live just as it is. It's where I have a huge base on an official server. But I'm still excited for new biomes. Guess we'll have to wait and see how it plays out! 

Yup. Very dissapointing news. Nobody wants that area messed with. 

Best Q&A and crunch EVER!!!!! B| Can not wait to see this integrated in to Xbox One. I said this before and ill say this again 10/10 Game of the year!  Cedric's addition of primative plus is just what ARK needs as for the red woods and biome changes it is well needed. and HAIR STYLES SOON?!!!! WOOT!  so excited for the days up to release. Great Job Ark Devs! keep up the good work. I can say best money i spent for a Alpha game. its more addictive than Warcraft was and I bet it will be bigger than Skyrim. :x Again I raise my Axe in salute to the ARK team WHOVARG! :Hatchet:

• Administrator

Aha don't worry, we're not gonna nuclear-winter the Hidden Lake! ;) The changes map will be updated soon, Hidden Lake area will remain as-is.

Also we'll be more clear shortly about which swamp area will be affected, it's actually relatively little (some swamp area is being reclaimed for other biome usage).

Also note soon next week we'll update the in-game environment with 3d markers indicating areas that will be undergoing a change.

Cheers,
Jeremy

12 hours ago, OnePotatoChip said:

Persistent buff system? Hmm. I bet it's got something to do with the whole Soul Cube thing from the Ascension cycle. Either that or with the Exoskeleton Armor. Also, wow, the Tundra just doubled in size. I figured it was gonna be a smidgen of land grab, but dang. RIP Hidden Lake. Can we rename it to Polar Pond? Canis' Rest? 

Persistent buff system might also be referencing the diseases in the the next update. They remain on your character even after death until you find a cure. 

4 minutes ago, Jeremy Stieglitz said:

Aha don't worry, we're not gonna nuclear-winter the Hidden Lake! ;) The changes map will be updated soon, Hidden Lake area will remain as-is.

Also we'll be more clear shortly about which swamp area will be affected, it's actually relatively little (some swamp area is being reclaimed for other biome usage).

Also note soon next week we'll update the in-game environment with 3d markers indicating areas that will be undergoing a change.

Cheers,
Jeremy

You've just made a lot of people very happy. People seem to love the design of the hidden lake area. 

Does that mean you've reduced the size of the snow extention now then?

41 minutes ago, Jeremy Stieglitz said:

So we can just leave everything there? I just had somebody move stuff so I could move my hidden lake base to herb island temporarily. Haha.  Gave them a bunch of paste so hopefully all is good. 

36 minutes ago, Rickyh24 said:

So we can just leave everything there? I just had somebody move stuff so I could move my hidden lake base to herb island temporarily. Haha.  Gave them a bunch of paste so hopefully all is good. 

Looks like they have heard the community's voice and have listened which is brilliant.

Another reason why I follow this game closely even though I don't have time to play at the moment. Great work from the devs and as they progress as a company we'll see even more fantastic features and work.

It looks like it will be amazing but to be honest I have not played since I established a base in the western approach, I just got irritated that I had to build around elephant grass or have it stick up through my floor. Are you guys going to give us anything to handle this? I don't mind the grass for the jump scares and strategy but if I were to really build a base in the wilds like this, I would cut it down so I could see predators or would be thieves/assassins. Maybe give us a tool or dino, or rework a tool or dino so we can cut it down.

Very exited about the new diversity added with the new biomes and many thanks for the location warnings. My metal base is on top on the Grand Peak and might have to be moved. 

Just one question: I vaguely remember a digest saying a while ago that the Desert Biome will not be "in this Ark.." Is that still the case so far?

15 hours ago, panteni87 said:

Wow... the hidden lake is going to be snow? One of the most popular spots on the map and we're going to have to move out a lot of buildings... We had build our capitol city there. A lot of people are not going to be happy on my server...that's for sure. 
And here i was, hoping that if i payed 15 EU a month i would be corrupted save file free, I would just be able to procedurally build a map with cities and towns... and now the capitol has to be moved anyway. 
Yes... a lot of people on my server are going to be unhappy about this. 

And now i see that i will have to move my kibble farm as well... man there was about 80 hours of gameplay there...

You, like everyone else, signed a "contract" when you bought this game in EARLY ACCESS i.e ALPHA that you accept that the game will undergo changes along the way etc.

Yes, it sucks having stuff destroyed, but that's what Alphas are for. Testing a game in development. You're not playing a DEMO of a finished product here.

8 minutes ago, MeSDatGeek said:

You, like everyone else, signed a "contract" when you bought this game in EARLY ACCESS i.e ALPHA that you accept that the game will undergo changes along the way etc.

Yes, it sucks having stuff destroyed, but that's what Alphas are for. Testing a game in development. You're not playing a DEMO of a finished product here.

Please, come with an original argument. I'm getting really tired of the "it is early acces" argument. Think of something original. 
After playing the game 800 hours and countless bugs, corrupted save files, starting over a lot of times (unvolutary) i know what early acces is. And most people probably do. So please, come with a slightly more original way of saying that i don't know what this game is. Please.  
Although I must say, it is nice to get information from the official forum, instead of a gaming news outlet. 

Edited by panteni87

41 minutes ago, panteni87 said:

Please, come with an original argument. I'm getting really tired of the "it is early acces" argument. Think of something original. 
After playing the game 800 hours and countless bugs, corrupted save files, starting over a lot of times (unvolutary) i know what early acces is. And most people probably do. So please, come with a slightly more original way of saying that i don't know what this game is. Please.  
Although I must say, it is nice to get information from the official forum, instead of a gaming news outlet. 

The butt hurt is strong with this one! :) loving the environment. I recently wipe my whole map to start a new base out of the way and had new adventures ^_^

2 hours ago, panteni87 said:

That argument is valid nonetheless. They've proposed biome changes which means any location on the map can be affected. Don't get overly upset because your base location may get affected,(Even though if you read it states that the snow changes are minimal so nothing much will be affected.) many people have to move their entire base because of the redwoods.

Just be glad that they're giving us a heads up.

• lilpanda unpinned and unfeatured this topic