[POLL] Does the bronto need a buff?

KRONOSDOUBLE

How many of you would like to see a Bronto Buff?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Does the Bronto need a buff?

I unno......On the one hand it has all the basics. High health, fair damage, veggie cake superiority.... Then again, it doesn't have anything OP such as a bleed effect or pack buff.......With that said, I suddenly want to test their current abilities against boss's
Can you even use bronto's in boss fights? Be kinda tricky to get 10 of them into the arena, let alone 20. o.o

You can't get a bronto in a boss fight, it's carry weight is too high.  A paracertherium would be a much better animal to try and fit in, but it also has too high of a carry weight.

I'd much rather see the procoptodon have a higher base damage rating.  It's pathetic, considering how much damage a real life kangaroo can do with it's hind legs.

20 minutes ago, GrumpyBear said:

You can't get a bronto in a boss fight, it's carry weight is too high.  A paracertherium would be a much better animal to try and fit in, but it also has too high of a carry weight. I'd much rather see the procoptodon have a higher base damage rating.  It's pathetic, considering how much damage a real life kangaroo can do with it's hind legs.

Didn't know there was a carry weight limit....odd, would a rex with the wrong stats be banned for going in too? o.o And I might agree with that a bit. However the role of the procoptodon is more for assisting in breeding. Much like a lyst is for offering more XP while doing household chores, an oviraptor for kibble farms, and dung beetles are for veggie farms.

I actually like these one off guys. Yeah they are not full blown game changers like an argy or a anky, but they are really nice to have around when you want to get you hands dirty on the grindy bits.

I can fill up a procoptodon w/ 300 stacks of berries in no time.  They have more than one use for sure.   I have base 1056 weight before imprints on mine.  Very handy. 

Carry weight is built in on each species, it's immutable.  It's what determines what animals can get into a boss fight for the most part.  A magmasaur is just a hair below the limit and is allow in.  Basically any platform animal is off limits just like you can't put a platform animal onto another platform animal or even a raft.

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Boss_Arenas

has all the info on what can and can't go in a boss arena

On 1/19/2021 at 3:16 AM, GrumpyBear said:

You can't get a bronto in a boss fight, it's carry weight is too high.  A paracertherium would be a much better animal to try and fit in, but it also has too high of a carry weight.

I'd much rather see the procoptodon have a higher base damage rating.  It's pathetic, considering how much damage a real life kangaroo can do with it's hind legs.

On 1/19/2021 at 3:43 AM, wizard03 said:

Didn't know there was a carry weight limit....odd, would a rex with the wrong stats be banned for going in too? o.o And I might agree with that a bit. However the role of the procoptodon is more for assisting in breeding. Much like a lyst is for offering more XP while doing household chores, an oviraptor for kibble farms, and dung beetles are for veggie farms.

I actually like these one off guys. Yeah they are not full blown game changers like an argy or a anky, but they are really nice to have around when you want to get you hands dirty on the grindy bits.

It's the drag weight of the dino not its carry weight that affects whether it can enter the boss arenas 

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Drag_Weight

All the saddle platform creatures need a buff, the saddle platform structure limit is pathetic on vanilla settings.  All you can pull off are some pretty unappealing looking boxes on their back with maybe a work bench and a fridge.  These platform creatures should actually be able to be small mobile bases for the time and kibble it takes to tame them, especially since there is no mutton equivalent for herbivores.

9 hours ago, RipRavage said:

All the saddle platform creatures need a buff, the saddle platform structure limit is pathetic on vanilla settings.  All you can pull off are some pretty unappealing looking boxes on their back with maybe a work bench and a fridge.  These platform creatures should actually be able to be small mobile bases for the time and kibble it takes to tame them, especially since there is no mutton equivalent for herbivores.

Hate to admit it, the fact that there is no wee bit of a shortcut with herbivores is super one sided......Would have thought the veggie cake would have been the alternative to kibble, but instead its just mejo berries.
I think there defiantly needs to be a bit of an adjustment.

Archived