Help: came to Aberration from Crystal Isles and now I'm stuck here

FrodoTuk

Hi there,

I'll take every abuse you want to throw at me because I reckon how stupid I was... but if you guys, anyone, can help,  I'll be forever thankful!

I came to Aberration with a Wyvern and found out I couldn't deploy it. I run around, trying to find an obelisk or anything like that, not such luck. I spawned in the Portal area and found my way through raptors and thirst to the causeway, from where I fell into the water. I managed to survive so far, got the chance to build a little thatch cabin and now I want to come back to Crystal Isles. But I don't know how. 

The drop I've seen is in a place where some spinos and a huge mech spider is, and I don't have enough armor nor weapon to face them. My sword is damage and when I  go down to the pond to refill my canteen and come back to the cabin, I have to drink again.

My tribe mate can't come to pick me up with a flyer because, as far as I read around, Aberration is a non-flyer zone. 

Would it work if I get killed in Abb and then create a new char in my Crystal Isles server, and then download it from the cloud?

Could anybody please give me tip as to how to come back home?

Thanks

Cheers

FrodoTuk

Your best bet is to find a drop. Which may not be easy, since you have no means to explore the map without a proper mount. If you can go from the portal area, across the metal bridge, to the area that has a lake, that's a good area to get a drop. Usually one spawns under the water nearby, which is easily accessible.

If you have access to tek transmitter, usually people leave a few open to public use.

Other than that, and probably what would make more sense, would be to ask on that server for help. Maybe you get lucky and some nice person will help you out.

If you're on PC, also post your server, I can probably go there and get you out in a bit ( or someone else ).

P.S. I did the same mistake as you a few months back, not aware of the limitations in Abe. Took me about one hour to get out, via that drop under water I mentioned above.

Tame a ravager, craft a crossbow and some ziplines then make your way around the map looking for a drop. If you find one out of reach use the ziplines to let the ravager climb up to it. Keep anything you want to bring with you in your inventory and be prepared to upload the ravager if you want to bring that with you as well. Portal has a few spots where drops spawn, one will show up in the lake right under the bridge as you leave the portal zone. But the Fertile Lake area has a lot more drops and they spawn much more regularly, all of them are accessible with a ravager.

Avoid Karkinos (giant crabs) as they can pick up your ravager and grab you from off of it. They're fairly slow so that is easy to do on a Ravager, Megalos can also run off with your Ravager so be sure to give them a wide berth if you spot one, always run rather than fight. Other than that be aware that some locations will spawn nameless so taming a charge pet, like the bulbdogs that run around is a good idea as they can prevent them from spawning when their light is active.

As mentioned above, the Fertile Lake area is your friend. There are quite a few drops around, but be prepared to die getting to them. Those giant crabs (Karkinos) are plentiful, as are Spinos and mushroom spores. If you have a tribemate who can come over with a Mana he might be able to rescue you as well (although he could just as easily end up in your predicament if he isn't familiar with Aberration).

I don't know how attached you are to your gear, but you could die and keep respawning around Fertile Lake until you find a drop.

Avoid the blue zone (to the south).

Hey... thank you very much to all for your tips and help! I finally made it back :) I will describe here how I did that in the hope it can be helpful for other people.

It wasn't a nice experience when I was there: I had with me not only the wyver but also a Giga, the only good one Giga I have (18k health, 1k melee, base) and losing it wasn't an option. I spawned on the Portal, which isn't the easiest place to spawn AT ALL, and then run around, fighting raptos and avoiding spinos until I got to the causeway, the broken one. I jumped into the lake and on the other shore I turned left, walking up a hill (fighting pulmonos and more raptors) and was lucky enough to find a base with dino doors around, one which was open and almost blocked by stones but still accessible. In a corner of that secluded are inside the base, I found a spot where I could build a small thatch cabin and a bed. That gave the chance to leave the wyvern and the giga while exploring to find a drop. 

I checked around, and googled it, I looked in youtube. I finally managed to find the place of a drop, easy to access and near my cabin. By then, though, my sword had broken, I couldn't use any armour because the constant dehydration and had run out of cooked meat. I was surviving with berries (not stimberries, of course, they get you thirsty) a waterskin. I crouched against under a elevated base, looking around for raptors, in front of the drop location. I spent 2 real time hours waiting for it, it didn't drop. Went back the cabin, left the game and tried again next day.

The first time I entered abb next day was more of the same: going down to the lake, fighting raptors with my spear, filling my waterskin and going up again. Crouching. Waiting. Back to the cabin. Leaving the game. Then I played again late in the evening and when I left the cabin I saw the ray of light on the drop location. I ran uphill only to find out I had left both the wyvern and the giga at the box in the cabin. Run back, fetched them and got to the drop when it was 20/100. I came back to CrystalIsles and almost cried out of relief! (damn game, so bloody addictive!). 

Because we wanted a base in abb to tame some dinos, I came back better prepared: I uploaded the structures to build a base and I brought a transmitter and a couple of allowed dinos (a carno, a baryo and a deinonychus). I didn't spawn on the portal, obviously. I spawned at the fertile lake, which isn't totally safe (I got attacked by a raptor and even a dodo! when I spawned) but it's much easier than the Portal. And I brought a lot! of water jars with me.

That's my experience with abb, I really hope somebody one days can find this useful. Thank you very much to all of you, again!

Cheers

Archived