How to raise inventory slots?

Noa

Is number of slots related to weight?

And if is then how?

Few examples:

I applied points on my Basilosaurus weight stat to have weight more than 1800.

But he cant take fish meat up to that weight. At about 1627 kg he is blocked with inventory slot cap and cant eat any more.

So points on weight higher than that are wasted ( ofc if he had lower weight he would be blocked by inability to use stamina (run) because of weight)

--

Argentavis

Had to craft few saddles and filed argy with resources.

Then realized that he cant take resources for 3 saddles as he get capped on inventory slots.

Weight is not a problem as argy can take a lot but slots in case of that saddle resources are fiber, chitin and hide so no any serious weight.

-- 

Also discovered that skiff have really bad relation on number of slots / weight.

Same as argy and basilo, that 6k on skiff weight stats do not mean nothing and is usable only on very heavy resource like metal ingots.

--

So do we have any official data if and how is number of slots corelated to weight?

And how and in what percentage could be number of slots raised?

29 minutes ago, GP said:

From my understanding slot cap is always 300 I think. Nothing increases slot cap outside of mods.

Ty.

I'm so sorry i wasted points in weight on basilo..

Yea could hit max weight reached if i keep all black pearls, absorbent substrate, oil , but all that i discard as im on meat run (exept resources needed for bosses like moss tooth, tuso eye and aplha megalodon tooth. basilo blubber, tuso tentacle, nervous raft destroyer part)

Also i avoid them for faster meat run.

YOu didn't waste points in weight.  THere is another way to add more meat per run - it's called a shoulder pet.  You can use high weight bulbdogs which have no oxygen and won't drown.  You can put extra stacks on them and it gets a 50% weight cut to whtaever is in it's inventory.  I have my giga up to 2k weight and i do exactly that when I go on runs, fill up bulb then fill up giga.

19 hours ago, Noa said:

Is number of slots related to weight? And if is then how? Few examples: I applied points on my Basilosaurus weight stat to have weight more than 1800. But he cant take fish meat up to that weight. At about 1627 kg he is blocked with inventory slot cap and cant eat any more. So points on weight higher than that are wasted ( ofc if he had lower weight he would be blocked by inability to use stamina (run) because of weight)
Argentavis Had to craft few saddles and filed argy with resources. Then realized that he cant take resources for 3 saddles as he get capped on inventory slots. Weight is not a problem as argy can take a lot but slots in case of that saddle resources are fiber, chitin and hide so no any serious weight.
Also discovered that skiff have really bad relation on number of slots / weight. Same as argy and basilo, that 6k on skiff weight stats do not mean nothing and is usable only on very heavy resource like metal ingots. So do we have any official data if and how is number of slots corelated to weight?And how and in what percentage could be number of slots raised?

So typically how it works, at least on xbox, almost everything has some form of "max capacity". The amount of slots feels similar to each tame, but its not related to weight.

The only reason to increase weight is if you plan on carrying extra heavy stuff. Metal, saddles, equipment......these things weigh much more than just fish meat and with enough of anything, you will quickly find either the weight cap, OR the slot cap.....The only thing I know of that has the ultimate slot cap, is the tek rep.

18 hours ago, Noa said:

Ty.

I'm so sorry i wasted points in weight on basilo..

Yea could hit max weight reached if i keep all black pearls, absorbent substrate, oil , but all that i discard as im on meat run (exept resources needed for bosses like moss tooth, tuso eye and aplha megalodon tooth. basilo blubber, tuso tentacle, nervous raft destroyer part)

Also i avoid them for faster meat run.

You might actually still have to use it as when you start hitting up black pearls, your gonna need it....blackpearls I think are the heaviest item in the game. With a weight of 2 per pearl and I think they stack to 200 per slot, you can EASILY overload your typical tames with a mess of pearls and all the other stuff you get underwater.

A lot of people hate this tho, and to push the point of that, the most common mod on PC is the one that increases the amount of items per stack.....literally thousands of hide per stack instead of just 200, thousands of fiber instead of just 300, ect. ect. Then the slot cap isn't much of an issue.

16 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

YOu didn't waste points in weight.  THere is another way to add more meat per run - it's called a shoulder pet.  You can use high weight bulbdogs which have no oxygen and won't drown.  You can put extra stacks on them and it gets a 50% weight cut to whtaever is in it's inventory.  I have my giga up to 2k weight and i do exactly that when I go on runs, fill up bulb then fill up giga.

All shoulder pets do not consume oxy when on shoulder. even those who have oxygen gauge.

learned that during chibi xp raiisng as i for single run consumed 4 scuba, so otter would be long dead seeing his oxy stat, i used  also Featherlight with no problem too..

Best way to raise chibi level is to do cave and hope you get 3 up to 5 alpha megalodons there and on way there and back to base to have luck to get alpha tuso and moss.

But shoulder pet is little help to what i use. I have 670 weight and transfer some of fish meat in my inventory. Fish meat in my inventory have higher spoil rate but transfer in my inventory happen when meat run is near end and I'm swimming back with basilo.

12 hours ago, wizard03 said:

You might actually still have to use it as when you start hitting up black pearls, your gonna need it....blackpearls I think are the heaviest item in the game. With a weight of 2 per pearl and I think they stack to 200 per slot, you can EASILY overload your typical tames with a mess of pearls and all the other stuff you get underwater.

I'm lvl 155, its a long from time i started hitting up black pearls.

I  wrote that i discard black pearls, oil etc, keeping only items needed for boss figts like moss tooth, tuso eye  and tentacle basilo blubber, alpha megalodon fin, Alpha Leedsichthys blubber.

After having full vault of fishing rods i discard also those.

Sorry for confusion.

2 hours ago, Noa said:

All shoulder pets do not consume oxy when on shoulder. even those who have oxygen gauge.

learned that during chibi xp raiisng as i for single run consumed 4 scuba, so otter would be long dead seeing his oxy stat, i used  also Featherlight with no problem too..

Best way to raise chibi level is to do cave and hope you get 3 up to 5 alpha megalodons there and on way there and back to base to have luck to get alpha tuso and moss.

But shoulder pet is little help to what i use. I have 670 weight and transfer some of fish meat in my inventory. Fish meat in my inventory have higher spoil rate but transfer in my inventory happen when meat run is near end and I'm swimming back with basilo.

While true they all don't drown, not all shoulder pets have good weight.  My bulbdog has over 900 weight.  an otter would be a poor idea as it's max possible weight is tiny, I have a max weight feather and it's base weight is trash compared w/ my bulb, so I went w/ bulb as a good example in that it can have a huge pool of weight available to it.

As a random example, a 59 point weight Dimorphodon with 73 points added into weight would come out at 427.3 weight.

a 59 point weight bulbdog with 73 points added into weight would come out at 1025.5 weight.

a 59 point weight glowtail with 73 points added into weight would come out at 598.2 weight.

a 58 point weight jerboa with 73 points added into weight would come out at 1016.1 weight which of these 4 here, is the only other one that can tie a bulbdog for top weight, but the caveat there is the jerboa is tamed at level 1 with zero points in all stats.  You would have to mutated the weight only on a jerboa 29-30 times in order to match my bulbdog's weight.  I didn't have to mutate that more than 2x.   

There's a reason why I specifically called out the bulbdog, it's because I was saving everyone time and effort to figure out a best choice.  I fill over 5 tek troughs full of meat each run w/out bringing an argent on follow or any other tame besides a bulb.

8 hours ago, Noa said:

I'm lvl 155, its a long from time i started hitting up black pearls.

I  wrote that i discard black pearls, oil etc, keeping only items needed for boss figts like moss tooth, tuso eye  and tentacle basilo blubber, alpha megalodon fin, Alpha Leedsichthys blubber.

After having full vault of fishing rods i discard also those.

Sorry for confusion.

oh holy.....I cannot help you. Sorry. o.o

if you count number of items needed to craft it you will see that even replicator cant hold so much ( more than 600 slots )

And BP was looted before Wildcard decided raise metal ingots to 300 in single slot and now with raised metal to 300 it cant be still crafted.

If is explicitly said crafted at smithy you cant craft in replicator, i tried that wit lot easier and item less consuming blue prints.

well there are more BP with same destiny like high level Mek BP.

1 hour ago, Noa said:

if you count number of items needed to craft it you will see that even replicator cant hold so much ( more than 600 slots )

And BP was looted before Wildcard decided raise metal ingots to 300 in single slot and now with raised metal to 300 it cant be still crafted.

If is explicitly said crafted at smithy you cant craft in replicator, i tried that wit lot easier and item less consuming blue prints.

well there are more BP with same destiny like high level Mek BP.

that bp takes 508 stacks, well within 600.  If ingots were still 200 a stack, it goes up to 566 stacks.

If you have an bp with specified smithy or fabricator then try it in replicator, i tried without success.

There are BP without specification as to where it should be crafted, and those can be crafted at smithy, fabricator, replicator, your inventory, argy and even in grinder.

I searched for good BP to be usable in grinder for a long, one which give a lot of xp when crafting.

I was interested in grinder as i have heard that it could be way to raise dino by riding it when crafting and having listro giving buff also without success. Well no success with replicator too and crafting high xp things according to wiki. Dino do not get any additional xp. Maybe because i cant get xp anymore too.

About replicator - you are right 600 slots could be enough but i have full replicator, to try that saddle should first clear  it then fill required mats and not going to do it as i had bad experience with other less resources demanding BP's with specified crafting structure like smithy or fabricator.

Archived