Mining drill

Blackmagic9000

I use it frequently, but not to mine - It's not that good and also expensive to repair ( for me that is ).

Typically I go with a mantis equipped with whatever tool I need on the mantis hand slot, and while I'm riding it I equip on myself the drill.

The drill when equipped gives pretty great weight reduction, which makes drill+mantis a nice combination IMHO:

I use mine if I'm making stone structures as the weight reduction means you can load more mats into your inventory, once you've got decent utility dinos they're not that useful

Their only use for harvesting for me is early game on a fresh start, basically note run the island to get to level 65 as fast as possible, transfer to CI for a wyvern, back to island and grab the rest of the 4x notes and regular notes that are hard to get to naked, doesn't take too long and once you hit level 81 you can make scuba and easily farm black pearls on Ragnarok

I keep one in each map. As said above, it is excellent for starting out on a map, as the weight reduction is a must have to move resources around the base.

I'll have to try out the mantis/drill combo with metal. I use the mantis with a high level axe in CI to get more shards and faster than with an Anky... and offload to a high weight argy. I'm thinking the mantis/drill may speed things up.

Early game the drill is pretty useful, especially with metal farming before getting an anky. They are also useful as others have said for reducing weight on you so you can move around lots of resources before getting tek legs. After all of that, now the only thing I use it for is to harvest the black pearls on genesis, the drill will get you more than by hand so thats useful if you arent using gachas or killing alpha squids often.

2 hours ago, Ganelon said:

I'll have to try out the mantis/drill combo with metal

It's pretty good. I haven't used anky in a long while. Always mantis+drill for metal. Not because of how much metal I get per hit ( I haven't tested to compare), but because mantis moves pretty fast and has decent weight, so saves a lot of time.

I think the only thing better than mantis+drill currently would be a magmasaur.

And my mantis is basically bred from wild, can only imagine how crazy it will be when people start stacking insane numbers of mutations on it 😉

1 hour ago, Vit0Corleone said:

It's pretty good. I haven't used anky in a long while. Always mantis+drill for metal. Not because of how much metal I get per hit ( I haven't tested to compare), but because mantis moves pretty fast and has decent weight, so saves a lot of time.

I think the only thing better than mantis+drill currently would be a magmasaur.

And my mantis is basically bred from wild, can only imagine how crazy it will be when people start stacking insane numbers of mutations on it 😉

Yea magmasaur + Skiff = insane amounts of metal. Did a quick one yesterday and got enough to fill 2 forges in 1 run.

Archived