Night time

MissouriKing

Suggestion

11 replies to this server topic

19 hours ago, Pipinghot said:

Oh, good point, so how do you switch it back and forth on XBox?  I also forgot about other platforms when I made that post.

I've always changed it through the settings in the pause menu, but it might be possible to do in the Admin Command menu. But the lack of other light based settings changers(Like Bloom) are what really hold back the gamma function on console. I'd totally keep it all the way up all the time if I wasn't going to be blinded by the ocean every time I looked at it. 

On 1/20/2021 at 4:02 PM, KRONOSDOUBLE said:

Turn up your gamma. If that doesn't work maybe try night vision goggles? Personally haven't tried them underwater yet so no idea if they work

Some gamemodes don't allow for gamma changing, and then you've gotta switch it back during the day unless you're ok with how saturated the light levels are. Night vision goggles are... alright in my opinion, but I think a change to the overall lighting of maps would be nice to see. 

On 1/17/2021 at 8:18 PM, MissouriKing said:

Night time doesn't need to be so dark, it's nearly impossible ta see an inch if front of you. Or am I the only person with this problem? 

While I understand your dislike of it being that dark, the game already has the built-in solution of being able to gamma up and gamma down, you can even use two key bindings so that you can go up/down without having to open your settings menu. They're not going to change the darkness with that solution already in place.

On 1/25/2021 at 1:07 PM, Qwertymine said:

Some gamemodes don't allow for gamma changing, and then you've gotta switch it back during the day unless you're ok with how saturated the light levels are. Night vision goggles are... alright in my opinion, but I think a change to the overall lighting of maps would be nice to see. 

Switching it back and forth is trivial, you set up the key bindings and it takes a tenth-of-a-second to gamma up or gamma down.

4 hours ago, Qwertymine said:

As far as I know yeah, and even if you could bind it, the limited buttons on the controller make all the functions way to valuable to be replaced by just gamma changing. The settings change doesn't take too long admittedly, but it can be immersion breaking to use and like i said before, doesn't help with other light problems, especially because it seems to screw with the overall brightness of the game as a whole, meaning lower values suck to use during the day almost as much as higher values. 

Understood, thanks for the response.

5 hours ago, Qwertymine said:

I've always changed it through the settings in the pause menu, but it might be possible to do in the Admin Command menu. But the lack of other light based settings changers(Like Bloom) are what really hold back the gamma function on console. I'd totally keep it all the way up all the time if I wasn't going to be blinded by the ocean every time I looked at it. 

Just to make sure I'm understanding you correctly - there's no way to map it to your keys/levers so that you can execute a quick command that just toggles back and forth between two settings, best case scenario is that you have to open up a menu to change it, am I reading that right?

On 2/9/2021 at 2:46 PM, Pipinghot said:

Just to make sure I'm understanding you correctly - there's no way to map it to your keys/levers so that you can execute a quick command that just toggles back and forth between two settings, best case scenario is that you have to open up a menu to change it, am I reading that right?

As far as I know yeah, and even if you could bind it, the limited buttons on the controller make all the functions way to valuable to be replaced by just gamma changing. The settings change doesn't take too long admittedly, but it can be immersion breaking to use and like i said before, doesn't help with other light problems, especially because it seems to screw with the overall brightness of the game as a whole, meaning lower values suck to use during the day almost as much as higher values. 

Archived