Giga rage mechanics/meta need adjustments

Chewytowel

Almost no fun in using these as it is pretty much one shot enrage with current breed lines.  Back in 2018 you made it so these could be enraged much easier due to saddle no longer reducing rage build up, or something to that effect, thus allowing people to easily shotgun enrage gigas on foot and they were used more sparingly.  You then later reverted that nerf, and since then Gigas become an overly dominate aspect of pvp warfare.  Many fights have had large groups of Gigas normally rushing towards each other on maps that allow Giga, and while perhaps fun for some it seems as though it needs some love.  I'm not sure what could be done to reduce rage buildup, perhaps capping rage caused directly by other Gigas regardless of melee?  I'd also like to see a slight nerf perhaps to saddle rage reduction buildup to maybe allow more damage through via shotguns or other methods if that makes sense.  In the end game we're dealing with very high health, capped armor saddles, and 100% imprint usually which doesn't help.

Also, overall the meta can seem a bit stale.  While other dino's are being used, giga fights have become in my opinion too overly used without many other dinosaurs filling the gap.  

• Chewytowel changed the title to Giga rage mechanics/meta need adjustments

The problem is that breed lines need to be wiped. Reset everyone back to wild tames and suddenly you have a brand new fresh meta. PvP is always going to get stale without some sort of wipe. There's a reason why virtually every other PvP game (especially survival games) has some form of progress reset. Rust and Tarkov are good examples of this. When you look at the difference between 1x officials and small tribes vs ARKpoc and even MTS on the unofficial side, you can easily see why those are becoming more popular, while 1x and smalls have been losing players.

Fights are a lot more interesting when you don't know what your opponent might toss out of cryo, and not having maxed out breedlines means that there are a lot more viable options open to you.

And before all you pve folks jump in, no I don't mean your servers. There's no need to panic about pve servers getting wiped.

7 hours ago, Chewytowel said:

Almost no fun in using these as it is pretty much one shot enrage with current breed lines.  Back in 2018 you made it so these could be enraged much easier due to saddle no longer reducing rage build up, or something to that effect, thus allowing people to easily shotgun enrage gigas on foot and they were used more sparingly.  You then later reverted that nerf, and since then Gigas become an overly dominate aspect of pvp warfare.  Many fights have had large groups of Gigas normally rushing towards each other on maps that allow Giga, and while perhaps fun for some it seems as though it needs some love.  I'm not sure what could be done to reduce rage buildup, perhaps capping rage caused directly by other Gigas regardless of melee?  I'd also like to see a slight nerf perhaps to saddle rage reduction buildup to maybe allow more damage through via shotguns or other methods if that makes sense.  In the end game we're dealing with very high health, capped armor saddles, and 100% imprint usually which doesn't help.

Also, overall the meta can seem a bit stale.  While other dino's are being used, giga fights have become in my opinion too overly used without many other dinosaurs filling the gap.  

i 100% agree i cant use anything else because giga will melt it in seconds the giga is so poorly implemented you cant really use anything against it and yes i know the rhino is good to use but the rhino is useful in some situations that or it dies and frankly i hate riding on a deathtrap gigas are just to op right now 

Archived